GIVE ME YOUR BEER SUGGESTIONS!!

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: GIVE ME YOUR BEER SUGGESTIONS!!

Post by LeopardLetang »

MWB wrote:It's hilarious that you have to put your birthdate in to enter the site considering some other things you can see on the net without some verification.
haha. i know. i typed mine in wrong first too. i thought, keep on guessin, you'll be over 21 one of these times
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

I'll go with what I usually swear by when people say I don't care:

La Fin Du Monde. Belgian Ale with a slight yeasty, citrus aftertaste. At 9%, you may not need too many.

Other suggestions:

Delirium Tremens
Dogfish Head xx min IPA. The 60 is the easiest to drink, the 90 is a little stronger and has a bit of a sweeter taste IMO, and TREAD LIGHTLY WITH THE 120 MINUTE.
Young's Double Chocolate Stout
Franzikaner Hefeweisen or Dunkel

The Delirium might set you back a bit (est. $80) and the 120 Min is rare to find in a case so I won't bother with a price, but everything else can be had between $30-$50.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Jinx is the Magic Hat version of an Octoberfest. It's pretty heavy. If you like lighter, Hocus Pocus is the Magic Hat summer beer, which is great for the warm weather. I'm a pretty big fan of anything Magic Hat.

Yeah, here in NC the only three they sell are #9, Jinx and Circus Boy.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

JS© wrote:I'll go with what I usually swear by when people say I don't care:

La Fin Du Monde. Belgian Ale with a slight yeasty, citrus aftertaste. At 9%, you may not need too many.

Other suggestions:

Delirium Tremens
Dogfish Head xx min IPA. The 60 is the easiest to drink, the 90 is a little stronger and has a bit of a sweeter taste IMO, and TREAD LIGHTLY WITH THE 120 MINUTE.
Young's Double Chocolate Stout
Franzikaner Hefeweisen or Dunkel

The Delirium might set you back a bit (est. $80) and the 120 Min is rare to find in a case so I won't bother with a price, but everything else can be had between $30-$50.

haha. i thought so. when i read that delirium i thought, eh, should have mentioned i'm although price is not an issue, i'm not paying $99. i've got to try it some time though. 60, 90, 120...all awesome. i like to start with 90, then go to 60 once i'm a little thick headed and then drink 120s the next day when i need to get past that annoying hangover period that can take 3 to 4 beers before you feel good again.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

bells two hearted ale? i've had it but i forget if i liked it. i think it's very strong. my brother-in-law just texted it to me. actually i remember it now. i think i'll pass on a case of it. anyone like it though?
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

looks like i won't get out for lunch until 4pm. BS
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by pfim »

Shyster wrote:
pfim wrote:If you can get it, Shipyard Pumpkinhead.
It definitely is the right (if not the only) time of year to pick up some pumpkin beer. I split a case of the Dogfish Head pumpkin ale with my brother, and it's quite tasty.

I might try some of the Dogfish tonight. The Pumpkinhead is usually too strong, but this year it has been very, very good.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Guinness »

LeopardLetang wrote:i plan to go get a case here in the next few hours on my lunch break (i take a late one). where i'm going they have a pretty wide selection. what would YOU get if you planned to drink tonight?? i'm open to anything and any price. thanks for any help. this is important.
guinness
:D
Last edited by Guinness on Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Every harvest ale i've had this year has been good. Pumpkin has been kind of hit or miss. But if you want the best pumpkin beer you can get....go with Southern Tier Pumking Ale.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Guinness »

I prefer the old standards. Guinness, naturally. Pilsner Urquell. Franziskaner. Maybe a little Yuengling, to bring it back across the pond.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I assume that if Zima is still in stock, you know to get that?
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Guinness »

Idoit40fans wrote:I assume that if Zima is still in stock, you know to get that?
Idiot.

:D
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

Guinness wrote:I prefer the old standards. Guinness, naturally. Pilsner Urquell. Franziskaner. Maybe a little Yuengling, to bring it back across the pond.

love me guinness cans. also a classic hangover beer. that and boddingtons. pilsner urquell might be mixed into the european variety they have at brew zoo. i got it like that once.

i've never tried frankensteiner (sp?) but i bet they don't have it :D
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I love boddingtons, only had it a few times but its great.
K2
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by K2 »

If I was buying a case of beer tonight it would be the Labatt Blue 24 pack. I want one of those blue Pens beanies!
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Guinness »

LeopardLetang wrote:
Guinness wrote:I prefer the old standards. Guinness, naturally. Pilsner Urquell. Franziskaner. Maybe a little Yuengling, to bring it back across the pond.

love me guinness cans. also a classic hangover beer. that and boddingtons. pilsner urquell might be mixed into the european variety they have at brew zoo. i got it like that once.

They do Guinness in bottles with "widgets" now. Give it a go. I'm off cans, myself. Enough of 'em and you can actually taste the aluminum. Pub Draught bottles rock! Love the Boddingtons, too. Having visited London, I wish more Brit beers were available over here.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Guinness wrote:
LeopardLetang wrote:

They do Guinness in bottles with "widgets" now. Give it a go. I'm off cans, myself. Enough of 'em and you can actually taste the aluminum. Pub Draught bottles rock! Love the Boddingtons, too. Having visited London, I wish more Brit beers were available over here.
Yeah I just had one of those Guinness bottles the other day. D-E-licious. Actually i'm not a huge Guinness fan, but it was breakfast and that was the best option.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

newcastle FTW

is that different than the guinness bottles they've had for the last few years? they have the little ball in them. for some reason i just don't enjoy them as much. i like the big cans and pour them into mugs. i bet if i just poured the bottles into mugs i'd be even happier.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

guinness is probably the BEST breakfast beer, imo

any other opinion's on breakfast beer's?
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Guinness »

Idoit40fans wrote:
Guinness wrote:
Yeah I just had one of those Guinness bottles the other day. D-E-licious. Actually i'm not a huge Guinness fan, but it was breakfast and that was the best option.
There's never a bad time for Guinness. Well done, sir!
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Newcastle is another of my favorites. Actually that might be my favorite beer. Though the only beers I buy for home are Dos Equis and Molson.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

LeopardLetang wrote:newcastle FTW

is that different than the guinness bottles they've had for the last few years? they have the little ball in them. for some reason i just don't enjoy them as much. i like the big cans and pour them into mugs. i bet if i just poured the bottles into mugs i'd be even happier.
Newcastle is definitely one of my go-to beers... that and Bass.
Last edited by MWB on Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Guinness »

LeopardLetang wrote:newcastle FTW

That's all you need to do. They're the same as the cans, but without the tinny taste. (The "widget" is the ball you hear in the empty...)

Pour that badboy out, and enjoy the creamy goodness! :D
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Guinness »

Idoit40fans wrote:Newcastle is another of my favorites. Actually that might be my favorite beer. Though the only beers I buy for home are Dos Equis and Molson.
I like Newkies, but I ruined them for myself one exuberant evening... :oops:
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

guinness and fine cut copenhagen for the win. heheh. that combo is legendary, though i do it with long cut.

sorry if my snuff chewing talk alienates anyone. just college days memories.