Classic werewolf game rules and guidelines

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

bhaw wrote:So in a case like we have now where someone reaches the necessary votes... if they haven't officially been lynched, can they still lobby for votes? Or is it once you hit the number, it's instant?
im pretty sure you can still lobby for change* until the mod says its official.

(*trademark: obama 2008)
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Quick question. Does this game go on until either the wolves, or the villagers are all dead (one or the other), or is this a last man standing game?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

newarenanow wrote:Quick question. Does this game go on until either the wolves, or the villagers are all dead (one or the other), or is this a last man standing game?
its the informed minority (wolves) v. the oblivious majority. as soon as a.) the wolves are all killed, or b.) the wolves equal the number of villagers, the game is over.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

If so and so is a seer, are they allowed to publically disclose what they find out in the game thread?
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

newarenanow wrote:If so and so is a seer, are they allowed to publically disclose what they find out in the game thread?
Yes, you can. It doesn't say in the rules.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Kicksave wrote:
newarenanow wrote:If so and so is a seer, are they allowed to publically disclose what they find out in the game thread?
Yeah, but if Canaan were actually the seer, he would be right in not announcing who the Angel was, because the Angel would be toast. One turn they'd take out the Angel and then once they found out that the Angel was actually the Angel, they'd know for sure Canaan was the seer and he'd be done the next round.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Kicksave wrote:
well, it looks like (if i have convinced the angel), if im allowed to, i am calling a town meeting tomorrow. :lol:
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Idoit40fans wrote:
Kicksave wrote:
Yeah, but if Canaan were actually the seer, he would be right in not announcing who the Angel was, because the Angel would be toast. One turn they'd take out the Angel and then once they found out that the Angel was actually the Angel, they'd know for sure Canaan was the seer and he'd be done the next round.
exactly. i wouldn't out the angel. that would be DUMB. but by giving away villager information, it also makes it easier for the wolves to narrow down their hunt for the angel.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

canaan wrote:
Kicksave wrote:
well, it looks like (if i have convinced the angel), if im allowed to, i am calling a town meeting tomorrow. :lol:
Town meeting!!! Jack's GONE!!!!
mumbobob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by mumbobob »

Hey Juice,

Do you need to get votes from all 3 wolves before someone dies, or do you just wait to hear from the "head wolf"? We're a little unclear on this over in the village as we try and sort out today's lynching.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

from what I read... all 3 wolves work together to come up with who dies. But the alpha wolf delivers the message. So technically the alpha could take over or keep the game going if the other two were silent.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

bhaw wrote:from what I read... all 3 wolves work together to come up with who dies. But the alpha wolf delivers the message. So technically the alpha could take over or keep the game going if the other two were silent.
in order to keep it orderly, i take the kill instruction directly from the alpha wolf, so technically, the alpha wolf could just take over, but i have to trust that whomever that is will not do so
this game is largely based on trust, so i have to do the same with the wolves
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

Juice wrote:
bhaw wrote:from what I read... all 3 wolves work together to come up with who dies. But the alpha wolf delivers the message. So technically the alpha could take over or keep the game going if the other two were silent.
in order to keep it orderly, i take the kill instruction directly from the alpha wolf, so technically, the alpha wolf could just take over, but i have to trust that whomever that is will not do so
adds another bit of intrigue to the game
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Loaf31 wrote:
Juice wrote:
adds another bit of intrigue to the game
Indeed it does. I was assuming that all wolves had to vote, no this throws a whole new twist into the game. :evil:
jwienand
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jwienand »

If the Angel saves the person the wolves pick is it a wash, or does someone have to die?
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

jwienand wrote:If the Angel saves the person the wolves pick is it a wash, or does someone have to die?
in mafia -- they say "there as no activity last night"

--so to answer yur question, nothing would happen, it would pretty much just tell the wolves that person is being protected... the village wouldnt even know who was targeted (only the angel would realize it)...

but juice may run it differently... im not sure.
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

Juice,

what happens if we cannot reach the number of votes to lynch someone?

Ex. We need 5 votes, some people are not actively participating in the game?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Loaf31 wrote:Juice,

Hah, that's funny, because I had the same question. There are one or two people not really participating, so you might not get the number of votes.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

yeah. that could really ruin the game.

it's funny, i didn't think about that when you first asked NAN
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

you'd be suprised at the lurkers that come out at the end when given some time...
in time i will send out pms to those not participating and if i don't get a response whether it be pm or vote or whatever within a 24hr period or so i will auto-kill those not participating and move to the next night
sans jaysmiter, everyone read their initial pm so they know they are playing, it may just be some peoples strategy to lay low till the end and hope they don't get killed
jwienand
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jwienand »

Juice wrote:

you'd be suprised at the lurkers that come out at the end when given some time...
in time i will send out pms to those not participating and if i don't get a response whether it be pm or vote or whatever within a 24hr period or so i will auto-kill those not participating and move to the next night
sans jaysmiter, everyone read their initial pm so they know they are playing, it may just be some peoples strategy to lay low till the end and hope they don't get killed
No way this is too much fun, I promise that will never be my strategy even in LGP official werewolf 7859047846 gameplay thread!!!
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

maybe you'll change your mind when Ossa and PittPensFan win :shock:

but, seriously, i promise that that would never be my strategy either. it's too fun this way.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

bump

was at the bottom of the list and about to go onto page 2.

this way it can be found for questions.

I'm so thoughtful!
The Joker

Post by The Joker »

bhaw wrote:bump

I'm so thoughtful!
I've read the rules like 5 times and haven't gotten close to understanding what the game is all about. I better go back to a more simpler game like the card game War. :lol: No werewolves are looking to lynch you.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

The Joker wrote:
bhaw wrote:bump

I'm so thoughtful!
I've read the rules like 5 times and haven't gotten close to understanding what the game is all about. I better go back to a more simpler game like the card game War. :lol: No werewolves are looking to lynch you.
Just follow some of the thread, it's real easy to get