WBS Pens @ Bridgeport Game 3 Official Thread

Forum for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and Wheeling Nailers messages.
gregor
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by gregor »

HEEEEEE beats him like a rented mule!!!!
gregor
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by gregor »

I doubt we see Fleury again in this series
Fast B
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Fast B »

gregor wrote:I doubt we see Fleury again in this series
I can hear the justification now: "Well, if Marc had scored another goal or two in Game 2 we might not have been in such a bad position. Just another example of Fleury choking in a big game."
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Support Crew Russia wrote:During all the 3 games that was the first time we were ahead in scoring. A lovely one which could not be let down!
But with sudden death OT being instant win, they have not led for any time on the clock yet in the series...
gregor
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by gregor »

yes... I'd like to see how they play with a lead. And how the tigers respond to a deficit.
bse
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by bse »

Sabourin was chosen as the best goaltender in all of AHL, yet somebody wonders why Mullen is playing him.

As good as Fleury was in in the NHL, he has not been as good in AHL and playing your best goaltender suited for AHL play (read: Sabourin) isn't going to stun the development of Marc-Andre Fleury who played most of the season in the NHL.

Sabourin has earned to play
Sigpi10
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Goaltenders

Post by Sigpi10 »

All have valid points. Sabourin has developed nicely. Fleury is the future #1 for the big club. Having said that, I have no issues with Fleury playing the backup role.

This is Sabourin's team. He's been the go-to guy for them all season. The team has learned to rely on him. Taking him out now would be sending the wrong message.

Rotating goalies in the playoff's is trouble any way you look at it. If he stumbles, Fleury needs to go in. Fleury knows he's the #1 goalie in the organization. I think it's important to see what Sabourin can bring to the table. We know what MAF can do. His skill level is more than apparent. Would I like to see him win a few more playoff games? Sure. But I honestly don't think it matters in the long run. If he plays a few games and does well with the time he is given, that is a positive. He gains some playoff experience and picks up a little confidence. But let the guy play that got them there.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

bse wrote:Sabourin was chosen as the best goaltender in all of AHL, yet somebody wonders why Mullen is playing him.

As good as Fleury was in in the NHL, he has not been as good in AHL and playing your best goaltender suited for AHL play (read: Sabourin) isn't going to stun the development of Marc-Andre Fleury who played most of the season in the NHL.

Sabourin has earned to play
Seriously, way to not check up on his stats. I think the job was Sabourin's to lose since Fleury is Pittsburgh's goalie. But to say Fleury has not been good in the AHL is an asinine comment.

He went 10-2 with a 1.57 GAA and a .939 save %.

Sabourin was 30-14 with a 2.26 GAA and a .922 save %.

Playing Sabourin is the only right thing Mullen has done so far not because he's better but because this is Sabourin's team.