Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by ExPatriatePen »

count2infinity wrote:turn up the temp in your fridge. how cold do you set it?
Beer is at it's best at 38 degrees
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Depends on the beer you're drinking. That's way too cold for good beers.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

Socks and underwear that must get sock-jacked and duds-jacked on the trip from the dryer to my dresser. Where do they go? And why is only one of the pair left?

And I do know that there's one good theory out there already.
Spoiler:
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

People who are whiter than Whitey McWhiterson who claim to have Native American heritage and use it as a soapbox to preach from. Yes, this based on a FB friend of mine...
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

OK, so you buy a CD or a video game, but especially a CD, and it has a sticker on top to keep it from being opened even after you unwrap it. Holy crap, I hate those things and the ones where the thing tears into little pieces so you have to take it apart for 10 minutes just pisses me off. And the worst ones leave a surface of glue after you remove the sticker and that pisses me more because I do have some OCD, so I stand there with some of the sticker pieces and stick them on and off to remove the glue. Pisses me the hell off.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Open the bottom of the CD and keep it open. Take your pointer finger nail and slide it along the sticker so that the plastic case spilts open. The nail should puncture the sticker and split it in half. It can then be pealed back with no glue residue or anything. That's how I open all of my CDs and games.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

For the seals on CD-style jewel cases, I unhinge the cover of the case at the hinge point opposite the sticker. At that point, you have the two halves of the case being held together only by the sticker. You can then twist the halves of the case to remove the sticker intact from one side, and then grab and remove from the other.
She'sTheFastest
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by She'sTheFastest »

People who are for breastfeeding in public. Mind you I have nothing against breastfeeding, but don't feel like you have the right to subject me or anyone else to it just because it's "your right as a mother."
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

Why doesn’t Amazon offer “buy these books together and save” packages for Kindle books? They do for paper books.
BadHands71
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by BadHands71 »

Hotels that don't have fitted sheets on the bed. It's enough to send me over the edge. I move around during the night and a flat sheet doesn't tuck in adequately so half-way through the night I end up with the bottom sheet all over the place. I can't explain the level of irritation this causes me, it's one of my top pet peeves.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Remember that episode of Seinfeld where George is freaking out about how the hotel sheets are tucked in down by the feet? That's me. I madly kick out the sheets until I have a full span of motion with my legs and feet.
Pucks_and_Pols
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Pucks_and_Pols »

two computer related ocd items for me:
1- When the windows tabs on the bottom of my screen at work get 'out of order' after a program crashes. To function at work I need to have outlook on the far left by the start menu, then in order my accounting software, internet explorer for my bank accounts, excel, and my calculator. Since you can't move them, if one crashes I need to close them all out and open them all again so they are back in that order.
2) When people on my home computer (parents and brother when i used to live at home, wife now) save files like word documents or mp3s directly to the desktop instead of in folders for their stuff.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Pucks_and_Pols wrote:two computer related ocd items for me:
1- When the windows tabs on the bottom of my screen at work get 'out of order' after a program crashes. To function at work I need to have outlook on the far left by the start menu, then in order my accounting software, internet explorer for my bank accounts, excel, and my calculator. Since you can't move them, if one crashes I need to close them all out and open them all again so they are back in that order.
2) When people on my home computer (parents and brother when i used to live at home, wife now) save files like word documents or mp3s directly to the desktop instead of in folders for their stuff.
I hear ya on #1, though windows 7 solves this problem. I was on xp way too long
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

shafnutz05 wrote:Remember that episode of Seinfeld where George is freaking out about how the hotel sheets are tucked in down by the feet? That's me. I madly kick out the sheets until I have a full span of motion with my legs and feet.
Ditto. I cannot sleep in a tuck environment. Feels like my knees and ankles are being compressed.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

BadHands71 wrote:Hotels that don't have fitted sheets on the bed. It's enough to send me over the edge. I move around during the night and a flat sheet doesn't tuck in adequately so half-way through the night I end up with the bottom sheet all over the place. I can't explain the level of irritation this causes me, it's one of my top pet peeves.
#CluelessAussies
:)
Have fun guys!
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

This semi-new commercial trend where every other commercial is "At (insert company), we don't do (activity A), we do (some over the top act that's supposed to impress the listener or viewer). It started with Old Spice, now it has moved onto Dairy Queen, Advance Auto, Longhorn, and probably another 300 companies that I've been fortunate enough not to hear.
BadHands71
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by BadHands71 »

ExPatriatePen wrote:
BadHands71 wrote:Hotels that don't have fitted sheets on the bed. It's enough to send me over the edge. I move around during the night and a flat sheet doesn't tuck in adequately so half-way through the night I end up with the bottom sheet all over the place. I can't explain the level of irritation this causes me, it's one of my top pet peeves.
#CluelessAussies
:)
Have fun guys!
Actually that was in Hawaii, the Aussies do the appropriate thing and make their beds with fitted sheets on the bottom. I was relieved when we got here, a whole month with wonky bed sheets might have sent me over the edge! :pop: :scared:
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

"A lot". It's 2 words. Get it right.
Why Not Us
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Why Not Us »

MRandall25 wrote:
"A lot". It's 2 words. Get it right.
Similarly, it's "all right" not "alright"
pens9192
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pens9192 »

It bugs me that my microwave will do continuous reminder *beeps* after you heat up food but no reminder *beeps* after you use the kitchen timer.

Usually you use the timer for something cooking in the oven and if you miss the timer going off, something will burn, catch on fire, or not turn out so good. When you are heating up food in the microwave, the microwave shuts off and then it beeps. The food is done cooking, so what is the urgency to remind you? To let you know you have food in there? To get the food while still hot? I wish that could be a configurable option. Are other microwaves like this?
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

"Unknown" phone numbers. Who do you think you are?
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

meow wrote:"Unknown" phone numbers. Who do you think you are?
That's for me to know, and you to (hopefully) never find out... thus the "unknown"... :pop:
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

meow wrote:"Unknown" phone numbers. Who do you think you are?
Mr. Big Stuff, obviously.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

People on message boards who say things like "I'VE BEEN POINTING THIS OUT ALL SEASON!!!!"

Dude, nobody remembers what you said 5 minutes ago let alone in February. And news flash- we don't give a crap.

You are now known as that person that refers us back to what he said all season.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

PghSkins wrote:People on message boards who say things like "I'VE BEEN POINTING THIS OUT ALL SEASON!!!!"

Dude, nobody remembers what you said 5 minutes ago let alone in February. And news flash- we don't give a crap.

You are now known as that person that refers us back to what he said all season.
I told you that 3 months ago...