** SLUG WARZ III - GAME THREAD **

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: ** SLUG WARZ III - GAME THREAD **

Post by newarenanow »

Malkamaniac wrote:Well, making it as far as I did and the games prior. I've picked a definitive style and will play as open as possible. I don't want to get sucked into a slap fight.
I personally thought you were playing absolutely awesome all the way until you and slappy started getting into it.

I had absolutely no inkling you were a slug until that started happening. Then you got overly defensive and kept it going and going. I thought that once that happened and the heat turned up, something was fishy. And then you kept it going, so I thought you were trying to cause confusion in the group. Kind of like Pavel did earlier in the game.

If you stated your case and just kept playing like you were, I think it would have worked out 10Xs better.

But it was still fun! Good stuff. :D
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

overall, damn fun game. thanks redwill & litt! very nice work senka, that was amazingly orchestrated
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

newarenanow wrote:As for the reason I flipped on the slappy/malka vote so quickly, I just got sick of reading through everything, the back and forth, back and forth, that I just started skimming.

When dags came on and made her vote, I thought she picked something out with fresh eyes that I was missing.

So I put my trust into her and voted that way. I still was convinced she was a villager and I could trust her.

I had nothing at the time, but thought it was definitely one of slappy or malkamaniac.

Me, You, and Beerman all did it...a collective :face: to us.....we are the ones that lost this one for the village
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

crayz wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:Well, making it as far as I did and the games prior. I've picked a definitive style and will play as open as possible. I don't want to get sucked into a slap fight.
honestly, thats what got you, mac, and probably slappy killed i think.
It did in my mind, at least for my voting.

It made me not trust any of the three.

Senka just sat back and let them go at it while we picked them off. And when it got down to him and Senka, malkamaniac had already lost my trust.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

newarenanow wrote:
I personally thought you were playing absolutely awesome all the way until you and slappy started getting into it.

I had absolutely no inkling you were a slug until that started happening. Then you got overly defensive and kept it going and going. I thought that once that happened and the heat turned up, something was fishy. And then you kept it going, so I thought you were trying to cause confusion in the group. Kind of like Pavel did earlier in the game.

If you stated your case and just kept playing like you were, I think it would have worked out 10Xs better.

Yea I know now to keep going how I was before. It was working well, even being mentioned by being in the safe group and not even worried about being salted. Then I made the fatal mistake of asking to be seen. I didn't think twice about it until someone said that was MWB's night. I went into oh crap mode and couldn't recover.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

canaan wrote:
Senka wrote:gg. Ill expect an early death next game as i always do. PS: the zarovich early vote scared me too.
i knew zaro was one as soon as he got so defensive about me voting for him.
I was trying to arc last game with this game and make it a throw away early vote and hope nobody would pick up on it. It only stood out more when Pavel threw out you as a slug when he came out as seer. Kinda implicated me.

And I must have misunderstood Senka because I thought he wanted the coinflip with cupkeeper. My bad lol.

Whatever, SLUGS WIN!
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

newarenanow wrote:

ya i agree with this that little spat between slappy and malk was not good lol
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Troy Loney wrote:
newarenanow wrote:As for the reason I flipped on the slappy/malka vote so quickly, I just got sick of reading through everything, the back and forth, back and forth, that I just started skimming.

When dags came on and made her vote, I thought she picked something out with fresh eyes that I was missing.

So I put my trust into her and voted that way. I still was convinced she was a villager and I could trust her.

I had nothing at the time, but thought it was definitely one of slappy or malkamaniac.

Me, You, and Beerman all did it...a collective :face: to us.....we are the ones that lost this one for the village
The problem was, we just flipped from killing one villager to another. It probably wouldn't have mattered. :D
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

Troy Loney wrote:

pretty much but if we went for malk and he was blue we probably would've just went slappy anyway. We were just terrible
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

newarenanow wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:

The problem was, we just flipped from killing one villager to another. It probably wouldn't have mattered. :D
The problem was...that appeared like a typical bandwagon orchestrated by teh recruit to save malk and kill slappy....

But then senka was insulting when i voted for him instead of malk first the next day i switched...i get too sensitive :oops:
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

The problem was...that appeared like a typical bandwagon orchestrated by teh recruit to save malk and kill slappy....

But then senka was insulting when i voted for him instead of malk first the next day i switched...i get too sensitive :oops:
Why did you end up going with me up until the last day, and then initially went for Senka, then switched to me? I thought that very sluggish.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

why'd you guys eat me when you did
i don't think i really seemed to be on to anything
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

beerman wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:

pretty much but if we went for malk and he was blue we probably would've just went slappy anyway. We were just terrible
well...we had planned out after malk to start pushing towards getting senka out to clear my name a bit. I don't think either one of us thought for a second that slappy would go
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Malkamaniac wrote:

Why did you end up going with me up until the last day, and then initially went for Senka, then switched to me? I thought that very sluggish.
standard waffling...i think i tried to salt senka once every round, and never succeeded...i never really suspectred slappy that much, but i dont really trust myself that well to be right about much of anything...so even though i just wanted to salt senka, it kept becoming a battle between you and slappy...i thought you were very knowledgeable and helpful all game, i also thought that your knowing so well what was going on was a sign that you were a slug and knew what everyone was.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

crayz wrote:
well...we had planned out after malk to start pushing towards getting senka out to clear my name a bit. I don't think either one of us thought for a second that slappy would go
You and me both My salting was a pure bandwagon bc of dags
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Troy Loney wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:

standard waffling...i think i tried to salt senka once every round, and never succeeded...i never really suspectred slappy that much, but i dont really trust myself that well to be right about much of anything...so even though i just wanted to salt senka, it kept becoming a battle between you and slappy...i thought you were very knowledgeable and helpful all game, i also thought that your knowing so well what was going on was a sign that you were a slug and knew what everyone was.

Gotcha, I wasn't offended, and don't be offended that I was trying to clear my name away from your circle of trust thing. I was really trying to push the fact that people are saying this person can't be "so and so" bit. Which in turn helped Senka so much.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Troy Loney wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:

While I was in the uncleared group, I was surprised no one paid more attention to the posts that summarized the fishiness on mac and malks. I wish I had done as extensivly for senka now.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

slappybrown wrote:
crayz wrote:
i can honestly say, i never suspected you for a second. I meant when I said you were just too random and didn't see you as the amazing strategic type :)
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

crayz wrote: well...we had planned out after malk to start pushing towards getting senka out to clear my name a bit. I don't think either one of us thought for a second that slappy would go

IF we would have gotten Senka right that round, if I was still alive, I was 100% coming after you the next round.

I wanted to go after you this past round, but I knew no one else would jump on board because of the very reasons Troy said, we had a 50/50 shot with Senka/Malkamaniac, and I don't blame him one bit, or anyone else. It was the smart play.

But you were just too perfect to be the recruit because I think if Senka was killed, you'd play the role he did while malkamaniac, slappy and mac fought it out, except this time it woudl have been beerman, Troy, and me.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

newarenanow wrote:
crayz wrote: well...we had planned out after malk to start pushing towards getting senka out to clear my name a bit. I don't think either one of us thought for a second that slappy would go

IF we would have gotten Senka right that round, if I was still alive, I was 100% coming after you the next round.

I wanted to go after you this past round, but I knew no one else would jump on board because of the very reasons Troy said, we had a 50/50 shot with Senka/Malkamaniac, and I don't blame him one bit, or anyone else. It was the smart play.

But you were just too perfect to be the recruit because I think if Senka was killed, you'd play the role he did while malkamaniac, slappy and mac fought it out, except this time it woudl have been beerman, Troy, and me.
I wouldn't have been as quiet...I would have tried to organize and really use your dagny bandwagon against you. Dunno if it would have worked, but I was planning it :)
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

slappybrown wrote:
crayz wrote:
Yep...she stormed in, voted for you, and called me the recruit...total mod fail there...
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

crayz wrote: I wouldn't have been as quiet...I would have tried to organize and really use your dagny bandwagon against you. Dunno if it would have worked, but I was planning it :)
Yeah, when I switched that vote from Malkamaniac to slappy after dags voted, I knew right then and there that that was going to haunt me the rest of the game.

But I seriously thought she found something that we were all missing because she came in fresh, that I thought it was going to be over and I wasn't going to have to worry about it. :D
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

newarenanow wrote:
crayz wrote: I wouldn't have been as quiet...I would have tried to organize and really use your dagny bandwagon against you. Dunno if it would have worked, but I was planning it :)
Yeah, when I switched that vote from Malkamaniac to slappy after dags voted, I knew right then and there that that was going to haunt me the rest of the game.

But I seriously thought she found something that we were all missing because she came in fresh, that I thought it was going to be over and I wasn't going to have to worry about it. :D
Or the obvious explanation is, dont switch a vote because someone who hasnt been paying much attention flies in at the last minute. Especially in light of the fact that she had it out for me because I was convinced she was a slug earlier. :lol:
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

slappybrown wrote:
newarenanow wrote:

Or the obvious explanation is, dont switch a vote because someone who hasnt been paying much attention flies in at the last minute. Especially in light of the fact that she had it out for me because I was convinced she was a slug earlier. :lol:
especially with no proof :pop:
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

crayz wrote:
slappybrown wrote:
crayz wrote:
i can honestly say, i never suspected you for a second. I meant when I said you were just too random and didn't see you as the amazing strategic type :)
Haha, yea, I was a regular villager -- there isnt much to strategize beyond trying to ferret out the slugs. Which I tried to help do by really putting togther the info on mac and malks (which Senka rendered irrelevant anwyays).