Jerry Sandusky and Related Trials

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Jerry Sandusky Trial

Post by count2infinity »

what was? your second/third/fourth hand stories about him?
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

count2infinity wrote:what was? your second/third/fourth hand stories about him?
his tolerance of sandusky hanging around campus facilities after he knew what he really was. for years.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I'm going to give the state attorney general's office, which has been conducting an investigation into this for several years, the benefit of the doubt here.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

it's pretty well established that people from PSU have some differences of opinion with everyone else in regards to this story.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

shafnutz05 wrote:I'm going to give the state attorney general's office, which has been conducting an investigation into this for several years, the benefit of the doubt here.
breaking the law and being a scumbag can be mutually exclusive. the attorney general is responsible for evaluating the former - not the latter.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

shmenguin wrote:
count2infinity wrote:what was? your second/third/fourth hand stories about him?
his tolerance of sandusky hanging around campus facilities after he knew what he really was. for years.
Why do you believe Paterno knew what Sandusky really was? Is it based on McQuery's testimony?
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

i guess it's fine to have someone tell you they saw your friend raping a child, and you just go let that friend hang out at your workplace for the next several years. and it's perfectly normal to see that friend walk around your facilities and come to your games with little boys after you were told he raped one of them. anyone would be able to sleep at night under those circumstances, sure.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

shmenguin wrote:i guess it's fine to have someone tell you they saw your friend raping a child, and you just go let that friend hang out at your workplace for the next several years. and it's perfectly normal to see that friend walk around your facilities and come to your games with little boys after you were told he raped one of them. anyone would be able to sleep at night under those circumstances, sure.
i think you highly underestimate the sneakiness and mindset of a child molester, but you're entitled to your opinion.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

count2infinity wrote:
shmenguin wrote:i guess it's fine to have someone tell you they saw your friend raping a child, and you just go let that friend hang out at your workplace for the next several years. and it's perfectly normal to see that friend walk around your facilities and come to your games with little boys after you were told he raped one of them. anyone would be able to sleep at night under those circumstances, sure.
i think you highly underestimate the sneakiness and mindset of a child molester, but you're entitled to your opinion.
i don't think that has anything to do with what i'm saying.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

This article explains some of the problems with McQuery's testimony.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/06 ... imony?lite" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The article also doesn't mention that Dr. Dranov, a family friend said that McQuery didn't see any sexual acts. From this article:

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index. ... cquea.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
However, Dranov told grand jurors that he asked McQueary three times if he saw anything sexual, and three times McQueary said no, according to the source.
I find Dranov's account believable because he has nothing to gain from his testimony, which is not the case for McQuery.

Lastly, it appears that victim #2 has stated that he wasn't abused the night McQuery saw him in the shower according to this post from Deadspin:

http://deadspin.com/5952207/sanduskys-u ... victimized" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not sure what McQuery told Paterno, and Paterno never really got a chance to fully explain what was said. In my opinion, it is reasonable to question just exactly what McQuery told Paterno based on the supposed victim and an unbaised third party saying that McQuery didn't see anything sexual.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

shmenguin wrote:
count2infinity wrote:
i don't think that has anything to do with what i'm saying.
And I think it does. Police and psychiatrist cleared Sandusky of any wrong doing when initial reports occurred. I read a report that the average number of sexual offenses a pedo has before they are caught is 100. He had everyone fooled, not just Joe. But again, you're entitled to your opinion.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by DontToewsMeBro »

Just to make sure everyone is getting an expansive view of the corruption of college athletics:
http://www.startribune.com/nation/17863 ... ml?refer=y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

let's see what the NCAA does about Iowa. I bet they follow the course of action taken in the Notre Dame scandal...and the Montana scandal...and the UNC scandal. Which is nothing.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

yay this argument again
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by DontToewsMeBro »

yay rape jokes.

http://onwardstate.com/2012/11/15/bosto ... n-twitter/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Lol. School suspended her from the game. I hope they revoke her scholarship.

If I was a coach at a university there would be no social media for any of my athletes. No good can come of it.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

They weren't even good jokes.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

I did giggle at the "santouchsky" one.
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

at least get your moneys worth for your jokes.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

I really think the PSU crowd is far to sensitive about the sandusky jokes. You had to have known right after the whole thing went down, the jokes were going to come. I went to a PSU vs. Duquesne game at Consol after it happened and I remember all the PSU fans being mad because the Duquesne student section was chanting "Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!" but the one player that was doing great at the time was named Jerry. Then when the game was an assured win for Duqesne, the student section was chanting "Hit the showers!" and again, PSU fans go their panties in a twist, but that's a chant Duquesne apparently does every time the game is a W. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't think this girl should have been punished at all for her comments. Joking at PSU's expense is something that should be expected.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

A student athlete should be held to a higher standard than an economics major in the student section.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

meh... i still see nothing wrong with it. People blow this crap way out of proportion.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by DontToewsMeBro »

When somebody starts joking about somebody abusing little kids, that's wrong. I don't care about chants, but when you have half a dozen premeditated tweets as immature as this, it should make you grit your teeth a little bit...PSU fan or not.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

People made plenty of Michael Jackson jokes during his time as the nation's #1 pedophile and some made me laugh, some didn't. I don't see why Sandusky jokes are off limits.
Factorial
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Factorial »

A former Penn State president and two former top administrators are set to appear in court on charges they failed to tell police about a sexual abuse allegation involving assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky and then tried to cover up what they knew.

Monday's preliminary hearing for ex-President Graham Spanier, former vice president Gary Schultz and ex-athletic director Tim Curley will determine whether prosecutors have enough evidence to warrant a trial on the charges against them.

The men say they're innocent and weren't aware of the allegation against Sandusky in 2001.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/29/fo ... z2aRYYJzdJ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... tate-erred
But the former Penn State assistant coach and quarterback also delivered some unexpected testimony: that the late Hall of Fame coach had told him over the years that "Old Main screwed up" -- referring to university administrators -- in how it responded to McQueary's allegation against Sandusky.

Pressed by defense lawyers on his discussions of the subject, McQueary brought up a specific exchange at football practice in the hours before Paterno's firing on Nov. 9, 2011 -- four days after Sandusky's arrest.

He recalled the head coach saying the school would come down hard on McQueary and try to make him a scapegoat. Paterno also advised McQueary not to trust the administration or then-university counsel Cynthia Baldwin, the former assistant testified.
I find this extremely interesting for some reason