Godfather Warz Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Re: Godfather Warz Game Thread

Post by shafnutz05 »

Here is the thing....I've given my explanations ad nauseam for why we should go after redwill, have I not? I've put myself on a limb, knowing that this vote, while backed by some evidence, will likely get me killed if redwill is blue.

So far, the only alternative anyone has provided is voting to whack me for putting my own theory forward in the first place. I know there are others that have aroused suspicions, but besides voting for me, is there a better option besides redwill at this point?
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Voting Shaf is ridiculously stupid, IMO.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

columbia wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:I don't understand columbia and redwill at all. Let's assume for a second that I'm red. Why in the world would I be so aggressive coming after redwill, knowing full well that he is either blue (or ostensibly green). Especially considering I just lost one of my fellow reds, and knew I was generating heat on myself. That makes zero sense.
Because it's normally very easy for the village to shrug their shoulders after a failed, early bandwagon and not worry too much about who went after a fellow blue.
I think the opposite. I dont' understand people go after people who lead an early charge for someone and they turned out blue. The chances of getting a red early are small, and most of the time there was something behind the vote that was just wrong. Pavel did this last game and got me killed because I was a little more vocal at the beginning, mainly because most of the village is scared to lead a charge.

I honestly don't think a red would stick their neck out the next day after one of their own was killed just go kill a blue. The reds may have set up stuff to make redwill look red, but I highly doubt one would act to start the vote.

redwill may very well be blue, but I think the village is going to continue to question this over and over again.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

thehockeyguru wrote:Redwill is putting up a mean defense for someone who claimed to be a blue.
shaf is being way more defensive than me, no?

With two insignificant votes on him...
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

newarenanow wrote:
And if he truly wanted redwill out that bad, they would just kill him at night.
Yeah, but they knew pfidc was good so he was the obvious first one to die.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

newarenanow wrote:redwill may very well be blue, but I think the village is going to continue to question this over and over again.
This. I am fully aware I may be off the mark here, but the uncertainty/questions swirling around redwill are way too significant to just pass him up at this point because "it's too obvious".
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

columbia wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:I don't understand columbia and redwill at all. Let's assume for a second that I'm red. Why in the world would I be so aggressive coming after redwill, knowing full well that he is either blue (or ostensibly green). Especially considering I just lost one of my fellow reds, and knew I was generating heat on myself. That makes zero sense.
Because it's normally very easy for the village to shrug their shoulders after a failed, early bandwagon and not worry too much about who went after a fellow blue.
Yeah, but if the bandwagon fails or slows I don't think shaf as a red would then go full bore at red will. He'd lay back and see how it plays out.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

MWB wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
There is more than one night.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

newarenanow wrote:redwill may very well be blue, but I think the village is going to continue to question this over and over again.
I honestly think everyone here except thg knows I'm blue by now.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Again....put yourself in my shoes (for all of those who suspect me, mainly columbia and relantel). I just lost my red angel yesterday. At MOST, I have one person left on my team (I'm thinking the reds have three people). Why in the world would I aggressively come out the next day and lead a pointless bandwagon on a blue guy? What could I possibly have to gain? Chances are, if I would just lay back, the village would vote off a blue anyway from a sheer numbers perspective.

I'm fully aware that redwill may end up blue at the end of today, but trying to turn the vote back around on me is silly.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

The problem is that as soon as someone starts a bandwagon (like shad has), the other players (some good/some not) take start taking the absurd stance that the target IS THE OBVIOUS CHOICE, YOU NUMNUTZ.
It's an hysterical example of groupthink :pop:

I just don't like the way shad is handling this and I believe that redwill is indeed blue.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

newarenanow wrote:
MWB wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
There is more than one night.
Sorry, thought you meant last night.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

columbia wrote:The problem is that as soon as someone starts a bandwagon (like shad has), the other players (some good/some not) take start taking the absurd stance that the target IS THE OBVIOUS CHOICE, YOU NUMNUTZ.

I just don't like the way shad is handling this and I believe that redwill is indeed blue.
Please tell me how you can keep Redwill around after he said he wouldn't vote for Pavel.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

thehockeyguru wrote:
columbia wrote:The problem is that as soon as someone starts a bandwagon (like shad has), the other players (some good/some not) take start taking the absurd stance that the target IS THE OBVIOUS CHOICE, YOU NUMNUTZ.

Please tell me how you can keep Redwill around after he said he wouldn't vote for Pavel.
He;s a stubborn human being. :lol:
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

thehockeyguru wrote:Please tell me how you can keep Redwill around after he said he wouldn't vote for Pavel.
Man, I think you're the only one that doesn't see that that points DIRECTLY to me being not red.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

redwill wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:Please tell me how you can keep Redwill around after he said he wouldn't vote for Pavel.
Man, I think you're the only one that doesn't see that that points DIRECTLY to me being not red.
No it doesn't. I can't be 100% certain about anyone since I'm blue. If you are going to step-up and claim that you won't vote for someone without being 100% certain your no help to the village.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

OK
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

What would have happened if people listened to your baseless claim? PB would still be alive and worst case scenario we out a green. If you don't know for certain that someone isn't Red its beyond careless to say "I'm not gonna vote for him".
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

thehockeyguru wrote:What would have happened if people listened to your baseless claim? PB would still be alive and worst case scenario we out a green. If you don't know for certain that someone isn't Red its beyond careless to say "I'm not gonna vote for him".
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

This. Redwill made a vote for someone else when PB had many votes on him stating that PB had one bad game and shouldn't be punished. That's turned into :scared:

However, at this point it's probably too late and like THG and others have said, if he floats out there for long now it just creates more questions later.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

thehockeyguru wrote:

This is what I'm talking about. Redwill never said he wouldn't vote for Pavel. Not casting a vote for someone isn't the same as saying I won't vote for him. You're needlessly skewing the argument, which I don't get.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I've said several times that redwill's comment about keeping PB in the game is not the sole reason I am voting for him. Pavel's actions at the end of the day phase yesterday was what convinced me that we need to take a look at redwill. It wasn't just him voting for redwill at the very end, but then the erratic switch over to me before he died.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

thehockeyguru wrote:If you don't know for certain that someone isn't Red its beyond careless to say "I'm not gonna vote for him".
Haha. There used to be a day when you refused to jump on Day 1 bandwagons, despite having little or no info.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

redwill wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:If you don't know for certain that someone isn't Red its beyond careless to say "I'm not gonna vote for him".
Haha. There used to be a day when you refused to jump on Day 1 bandwagons, despite having little or no info.
That's right. Now I just don't vote or post. My first vote last game was Day 3 or 4 and it was Relantel (Red).
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

The game before that? I had IE on Day 1. This game? First vote on PB, not because I knew he was Red but because it would be the best for the village to have him gone given his last performance.

I'm not right all the time, but the village could do a lot worse than listening to my reasoning.