Hollywood Wars: Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Re: Hollywood Wars: Game Thread

Post by shafnutz05 »

Malkamaniac wrote:Oh well, next time, I will not be as lenient. I follow the I'm voting once and not getting into the switching game. I should of just stayed put.
haha.....I have gotten killed for switching several times. Uncertainty = death
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Troy Loney wrote:
sdm5055 wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:Going back through the thread...there were three people that were trying to sort of redirect the THG vote...senka, Corvidae & Redwill.

Atleast thats how i read it, does anyone else kind of get that impression?
I think MWB was attempting this as well and actually the most out of anyone.

also something to think about if they did recruit wouldnt it be a good idea for them to recruit either dagny or kicksave. since they proclaimed they have it figured out and got a baddie on day 1
so they assume the good guys will follow them? I am not totally convinced on this yet, but something to keep in the back of your mind before following them

I am going with my first thought on this one

Fire MWB

Can someone please explain the vampire role?

Would that allow for someone to see who the bad guys are?
The vampire is on the town side with no abilities. If the bad guy try to kill the vampire, the vampire switches to the bad side. It's a blind recruit essentially.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

tfrizz wrote:With Pavel going out first, and presumably another converted this past night... there has to be a smart player behind it. Zarovich and NAN are always scary, and fit the bill.

fire NAN
I see what you are saying, but ousting Pavel wasn't that clever. He has a ton of experience playing this game, so it makes sense. The conversion could have just been them getting lucky and finding the vamp, but I could be wrong. Chances are, at least a couple "smart players" are in the Mafia, just by sheer numbers
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

Troy Loney wrote:
mac5155 wrote:I too noticed how MWB was hesitant to vote for thg based on prior games and just not liking him... That early in the game there Isnt much more to go on
I felt bad for THG being ousted on the first day again...but my feelings are, better him than me and i have no reason to defend someone getting bandwagoned with no evidence jsut to bandwagon someone else based on nothing...

And to malks defense about analyzing his first day vote....yes we should analyze how people voted on the first day when you kill a bad guy.
Exactly, Loney...

Analyzing a bandwagon vote on the first day is crucial when someone of "value" is killed.

For example...would I be surprised if it turns out that every bad guy voted for THG? No...it was pretty much set in the pre-thread that he was going first. So, wouldn't it be smart to just go along with it, hell, even start it?

Would I be surprised if no bad guy voted for THG? I mean, there are enough votes to go around early to play with the possibilities...

The fact of the matter is...we need to look at vote switching and comments about the vote.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

I am going with fire redwill. I didnt particularly believe dags had seen the tell for THG, but apparently she did. I also dont think that both redwill and senka are slugs, bc they both voted for dags. They wouldnt both do that, too obvious. So one or the othe, but Ill go with redwill
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

shafnutz05 wrote:
tfrizz wrote:With Pavel going out first, and presumably another converted this past night... there has to be a smart player behind it. Zarovich and NAN are always scary, and fit the bill.

fire NAN
I see what you are saying, but ousting Pavel wasn't that clever. He has a ton of experience playing this game, so it makes sense. The conversion could have just been them getting lucky and finding the vamp, but I could be wrong. Chances are, at least a couple "smart players" are in the Mafia, just by sheer numbers
True, but there isn't much to go on at this point. It's all luck of the draw unless you're a baddie.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Troy Loney wrote:
dagny wrote:I'm going in to work soon, and getting a vote in before I leave. My suspicion is based on his posting yesterday. I don't have time to explain more. If we haven't reached majority by the time I get home, I will. This one was quick, and I'm not certain, like I was with THG.

fire redwill
I'll go with you on this dagny,

fire redwill

NPV started blabbering out votes right when the day started and got the bal rolling on THG....senka did his random kill thing and came out with you, redwill went along with that...but later on senka brings back up his random kill generator thing when the THG bandwagon was up and running...that nondescript emphasis on his on randomly generated kill strikes me as suspicisous...but i'm always suspicious of senka...so i might read too much into some of his posts.
dagny was the best choice last round, IMO. Her anger at losing Pavel is a legitimate tell, at least on day 1.

I don't know what to think at the moment. It's hard to still be suspicious of her after thg turned up bad.
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Azkar »

fire redwill
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Senka wrote:regardless... I did my own random.org and just picked dagny. lol nothing solid, but im not changing my vote. Im going to do some shopping andwatch the game down Damons for a change of pace... Good luck.
this is the senka post that stuck out to me....
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Troy Loney wrote:this is the senka post that stuck out to me....
I don't know what to think of Senka anymore. Last game I think everyone and their mother had him pegged as a goon early, and he turned out to be normal. This was a bit odd though
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

fire redwill
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

I'm torn between NPV and Malk...

Just strange goings on there
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

shafnutz05 wrote:
I don't know what to think of Senka anymore. Last game I think everyone and their mother had him pegged as a goon early, and he turned out to be normal. This was a bit odd though
Senka is always all over the place...so, it's really hard to glean information from his posts.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

shafnutz05 wrote:
Ya, I was positive Senka was bad the game before last.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

redwill wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:
dagny wrote:I'm going in to work soon, and getting a vote in before I leave. My suspicion is based on his posting yesterday. I don't have time to explain more. If we haven't reached majority by the time I get home, I will. This one was quick, and I'm not certain, like I was with THG.

fire redwill
I'll go with you on this dagny,

fire redwill

NPV started blabbering out votes right when the day started and got the bal rolling on THG....senka did his random kill thing and came out with you, redwill went along with that...but later on senka brings back up his random kill generator thing when the THG bandwagon was up and running...that nondescript emphasis on his on randomly generated kill strikes me as suspicisous...but i'm always suspicious of senka...so i might read too much into some of his posts.
dagny was the best choice last round, IMO. Her anger at losing Pavel is a legitimate tell, at least on day 1.

I don't know what to think at the moment. It's hard to still be suspicious of her after thg turned up bad.
Everyone was upset that we lost a very good play the first night... I don't see that as being a tell in regards to dagny. The deflecting definitely doesn't help your situation though...

re-hire NAN
fire redwill

You were never defensive in other games... so clearly you've got something to lose here.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

I'm not saying I'm for or against the redwill vote...but what is the reasoning?

Because he defended THG and then switched at the end of the vote?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

jaysmiter wrote:I'm torn between NPV and Malk...

Yeah i agree...and redwill's reasoning does make sense...he was questioning dagny about something that has been a tell in the past...the post writeup commentary on the night action.

we let malk's odd behaviour slide and it cost us in a prior game...i'd like to hear more from him

hire redwill for now.

but the people all the people that were trying to redirect the THG bandwagon should all be questioned this afternoon.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I am going to ride the hot hand of Dagny and fire redwill

The biggest thing that stands out to me is you initially defending THG and attacking Dagny, then voting for THG, then suggesting Dagny might be bad again after the write up. Granted, she could be in the other Mafia, but that was just way too erratic.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

As a corollary to Troy's post, I found Malk's behavior EXTREMELY suspicious. His abrupt change to CK after my vote, when he said he had been considering NPV or THG the entire time, was a little bizarre. Almost like he was trying to deflect the bandwagon away from THG, and knowing that it might be the last chance. Right now, he is the only person I think I would change from redwill to vote for.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

Here is my biggest issue with the redwill vote...well, only issue...

He's a pretty smart, good player...If he would have known THG would have been a bad dude, I just don't think he makes these rookie mistakes. And, that's precisely what that would have been if he had known. It just seems to amateur for it to have happened that way.

Am I wrong on this?
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

crap...*too* stupid no editing policy.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

I presume the votes for me are generally (or blindly) following dagny's suspicion.

They're legitimate, I suppose. I initially hesitated to go with thg. This, as I stated, was because I did not want to play revenge-style. I have suffered Juice's revenge and wasn't too pleased about it.

Then dagny presented herself as a legitimate target. Does anyone disagree with that?

I switched at the last minute to thg to help get a write-up going before this morning.

I think that's all perfectly reasonable.

I'm just a regular person. Do what you will. I will try to give some thoughts about where to go next.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

tfrizz wrote:You were never defensive in other games... so clearly you've got something to lose here.
I wasn't defensive about thg's attacks.

dagny's a different matter. :lol:
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

redwill wrote:I presume the votes for me are generally (or blindly) following dagny's suspicion.

They're legitimate, I suppose. I initially hesitated to go with thg. This, as I stated, was because I did not want to play revenge-style. I have suffered Juice's revenge and wasn't too pleased about it.

Then dagny presented herself as a legitimate target. Does anyone disagree with that?

I switched at the last minute to thg to help get a write-up going before this morning.

I think that's all perfectly reasonable.

I'm just a regular person. Do what you will. I will try to give some thoughts about where to go next.
Here is what I'm seeing:

1) You're much more defensive than I've seen you in other games when votes go your way;
2) You're trying to deflect attention off yourself and onto dagny; and,
3) You just came out saying you're a "regular person", which sounds exactly like what a paparazzi would say to try to get out of a vote.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Troy Loney wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:I'm torn between NPV and Malk...

Yeah i agree...and redwill's reasoning does make sense...he was questioning dagny about something that has been a tell in the past...the post writeup commentary on the night action.

we let malk's odd behaviour slide and it cost us in a prior game...i'd like to hear more from him

hire redwill for now.

but the people all the people that were trying to redirect the THG bandwagon should all be questioned this afternoon.
Well what would you like to hear?

Seriously, odd behavior? I'd really like to understand how one day of random *** voting is odd behavior. What I find awesome, is that at this moment in time most people are pushing for votes because of theory on day one.

At this point in the game there is no theory, just random votes and no concrete evidence. So please, I'd love to hear the theory outside of just calling it "odd"