Movie

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Movie

Post by eddysnake »

I like the first 3, 4th one was terrible.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I watched the first one and it was mildly entertaining, but I cannot imagine sitting through four of them.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

new MI movie looks cool. Anyone see the last one? How was it?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOW_azQbOjw[/youtube]
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

The new MI does look cool and I thought Ghost Protocol was really good. I wasn't a fan of the first two movies, but I've really enjoyed MI:3 and MI:GP. The name of the new movie also leads to this little bit of Hollywood silliness:
Speaking of Star Wars, here's some weird yet intriguing inside baseball stuff — the similarly titled Rogue Nation and Rogue One almost got into a kerfuffle over titling, with Disney's movie apparently not being cleared before it was announced. Instead of chasing after Star Wars to force a name change, Paramount agreed a deal with Disney that means that they cannot discuss Rogue One in a promotional manner over the summer... except for during "a Star Wars fan event in April", which is obviously the upcoming Star Wars: Celebration convention.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

PensFanInDC wrote:I thought the first one was fantastic. It's fun and entertaining the entire way through and Depp gives a top notch performance.
QFT.

I actually felt the first POTC movie was one of those films that was pitch perfect. I didn't like the supernatural element they pursued (and magnified as the series wore on), but that's one of my favorite summer films of all time.

"You are the worst pirate I have ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me..."
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

eddysnake wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:any movie with kiera knightly is not good
pirates of the Caribbean, love actually, king arthur, pride & prejudice, domino, seeking a friend for the end of the world, laggies, imitation game. I enjoyed them all.
i wasnt aware people actually liked some of those movies
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

tifosi77 wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:I thought the first one was fantastic. It's fun and entertaining the entire way through and Depp gives a top notch performance.
QFT.

I actually felt the first POTC movie was one of those films that was pitch perfect. I didn't like the supernatural element they pursued (and magnified as the series wore on), but that's one of my favorite summer films of all time.

"You are the worst pirate I have ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me..."
"...but why's the rum gone!?"
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

Knightley shares a commentary track with Jack Davenport (Norrington) for the first film. They're hysterical. I get the feeling that they hit the pub prior to arriving to record the track, and then spent the next two hours or so drinking more and just being all giggly and snorty. Up there with the Thermian audio track for 'Galaxy Quest' and Mickey's subtitles on 'Snatch' as a favorite DVD hidden gem.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pittsoccer33 »

Back in the 2000-2004ish time period I was obsessed with "epic" movies, starting with Gladiator. Troy, Alexander, LotR, The Alamo, Enemy at the Gates, Master and Commander, The Patriot, all that jazz. So I [wrongly] assumed PotC was going to be Gladiator on a boat. It took me a while to come around to it and wrap my head around what kind of movie it was.

I had similar expectation issues when I heard that the guy who played Gabriel Martin in The Patriot was doing a western with some dude named Gyllenhaal.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

pittsoccer33 wrote: I had similar expectation issues when I heard that the guy who played Gabriel Martin in The Patriot was doing a western with some dude named Gyllenhaal.
lol
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

i understand why some people are into it, but i don't really enjoy movies as spectacles as opposed to stories.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:
eddysnake wrote:
pirates of the Caribbean, love actually, king arthur, pride & prejudice, domino, seeking a friend for the end of the world, laggies, imitation game. I enjoyed them all.
yep, I actually enjoy most movies I see. very rarely do I find movies that I don't care for. It's quite enjoyable being me.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

shmenguin wrote:i understand why some people are into it, but i don't really enjoy movies as spectacles as opposed to stories.
I watch movies for escapism and entertainment. "BIG" usually adds to the escape side at least.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Jim wrote:"BIG" usually adds to the escape side at least.
i suppose. and i guess i'm guilty of it as well. prometheus, for instance, is an objectively terrible story. but it is so damn pretty that i could watch it over and over. maybe the fact that it TRIES to have a story is enough of a hook?
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Anyone remember If Looks Could Kill. I loved that movie.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

eddysnake wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:
eddysnake wrote:
yep, I actually enjoy most movies I see. very rarely do I find movies that I don't care for. It's quite enjoyable being me.
I find it sad when people spend their time trying to tear down movies. If you hate them all, maybe stop watching movies? Its pretty rare that i find one thats anywhere near my wheelhouse that i dont like. Basically, i know if ill like it based on a single trailer.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

shmenguin wrote:
Jim wrote:"BIG" usually adds to the escape side at least.
i suppose. and i guess i'm guilty of it as well. prometheus, for instance, is an objectively terrible story. but it is so damn pretty that i could watch it over and over. maybe the fact that it TRIES to have a story is enough of a hook?
If you like the way it looks, watch the supplementary stuff on the Bluray. But don't watch the movie; stop encouraging them.
cma3585
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by cma3585 »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Almost 800k out of 2 mil in 8 hours.
OutofFoil
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
Location: Depends. I might be here, but I could be there. Hard to tell sometimes.

Post by OutofFoil »

cma3585 wrote:

Almost 800k out of 2 mil in 8 hours.

Mother of God. It's happening!!!
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

lol those perks are pretty freaking cool
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

It will be funded by tomorrow. almost a million already.
OutofFoil
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
Location: Depends. I might be here, but I could be there. Hard to tell sometimes.

Post by OutofFoil »

I would have thrown $250 to go to Beerfest as a perk. Obviously, it sold out quickly. Das Boot!
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

The private comedy show would be super.
OutofFoil
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by OutofFoil »

I read the Variety article on it, another perk already taken was to meet up with Broken Lizard in Colorado to, uh, hangout. That's probably the best way to put it for board purposes. Now that would be hilarious.
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

The ball game would have been awesome.