Movie

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Movie

Post by Dickie Dunn »

FreeCandy44 wrote:Boy does this news make me a sad panda.
It makes me a sad panda that the Feig version exists. A Ghostbusters movie starring Channing Tatum and Chris Pratt, directed by the Russo Brothers, and backed by Aykroyd and Reitman sounds like a recipe for awesome to me.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

we try to find different Irish movies to watch around this time every year, definitely found one in The Crying Game last night. Neil Jordan is one of my favorite directors so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised what's on the screen, but I really knew nothing going into this (which I suppose is best?)
Spoiler:
you knew she was a dude the first time you saw her
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

I've never seen it, but I know the secret of the Crying Game.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Put Chris Pratt in all the movies. :lol:

He's also rumored to be the new Indiana Jones. Which, if done right, might be worth watching.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Chris Pratt is the male Jennifer Lawrence. Seems like a cool down to earth person, very likable and very relatable to a lot of people.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I could buy pratt as indiana jones.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Oh, Chris Pratt is great. I've been a fan of his since Everwood. :pop:
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Oh, Chris Pratt is great. I've been a fan of his since Everwood. :pop:
He was in season four of The OC (my wife made me watch and its a good show) and he was awesome.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pittsoccer33 »

Some of the Sony hack leaks said that the Russo's pitched Sony on Spider-Man ideas at some point in the past, and that Marvel was going to have them make Infinity War.

When I saw their Sony deal announced last week I assumed it wasn't superhero related. I figured it would be them coming up with their own movie ideas, and then Sony had the right of first refusal as to whether or not they'd make them. So I thought right away it had nothing to do with Spider-Man.

I didn't expect it to be another known franchise (at least not one with ideas in active development). I assume this ends the idea of them making Infinity War.

Drew Goddard is a Joss Whedon disciple who was going to make the Sinister Six movie for Sony. It seems that he is going to make the MCU Spider-Man now.

James Gunn has said no to directing Infinity War, as has Whedon. So I wonder who they will turn to now to make that?
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Put Chris Pratt in all the movies. :lol:

He's also rumored to be the new Indiana Jones. Which, if done right, might be worth watching.
Has to be better than Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, right?
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

eddysnake wrote:we try to find different Irish movies to watch around this time every year, definitely found one in The Crying Game last night. Neil Jordan is one of my favorite directors so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised what's on the screen, but I really knew nothing going into this (which I suppose is best?)
Spoiler:
Have you seen The Commitments?
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

pittsoccer33 wrote:Some of the Sony hack leaks said that the Russo's pitched Sony on Spider-Man ideas at some point in the past, and that Marvel was going to have them make Infinity War.

When I saw their Sony deal announced last week I assumed it wasn't superhero related. I figured it would be them coming up with their own movie ideas, and then Sony had the right of first refusal as to whether or not they'd make them. So I thought right away it had nothing to do with Spider-Man.

I didn't expect it to be another known franchise (at least not one with ideas in active development). I assume this ends the idea of them making Infinity War.

Drew Goddard is a Joss Whedon disciple who was going to make the Sinister Six movie for Sony. It seems that he is going to make the MCU Spider-Man now.

James Gunn has said no to directing Infinity War, as has Whedon. So I wonder who they will turn to now to make that?
I like Goddard and think he would be a good fit for Spider-Man. No Whedon, Gunn, or Russo's for Infinity War kinda sucks though.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Froggy wrote:
eddysnake wrote:we try to find different Irish movies to watch around this time every year, definitely found one in The Crying Game last night. Neil Jordan is one of my favorite directors so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised what's on the screen, but I really knew nothing going into this (which I suppose is best?)
Spoiler:

No, it's been a tough one to find. I actually just looked it up and it's at my local library, so I'll be stopping by there this evening. Looking forward to it!

Some of my favorites and some on my to watch list below: if you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!
Spoiler:
To Watch:
The Commitments
Into the West
Songs for Amy
The O'Briens
Owd Bob
Wind theat shakes the barley
Intermission
Good Vibrations
The Van

favorites:
The Boys & Girl from County Clare
The Quiet Man
In the Name of the Father
Once
Secret of Kells
The Snapper
Michael Collins
The Field
Darby O Gill
The General
Waking Ned Divine
Ondine
Bloody Sunday
The Boxer
In America
Calvary
The guard
Secret of Roan Inish
picked up the commitments over lunch, of course the dvd at the library is in pan and scan... oh well
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

had to oversee a late night project launch tonight. watched moneyball while i was keeping an eye on things.

i could think of better ways to spend 2 hours.
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Post by BigMcK »

eddysnake wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Spoiler:

No, it's been a tough one to find. I actually just looked it up and it's at my local library, so I'll be stopping by there this evening. Looking forward to it!

Some of my favorites and some on my to watch list below: if you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!
Spoiler:
To Watch:
The Commitments
Into the West
Songs for Amy
The O'Briens
Owd Bob
Wind theat shakes the barley
Intermission
Good Vibrations
The Van

favorites:
The Boys & Girl from County Clare
The Quiet Man
In the Name of the Father
Once
Secret of Kells
The Snapper
Michael Collins
The Field
Darby O Gill
The General
Waking Ned Divine
Ondine
Bloody Sunday
The Boxer
In America
Calvary
The guard
Secret of Roan Inish
picked up the commitments over lunch, of course the dvd at the library is in pan and scan... oh well
Local Hero. Worth the search.

Waking Ned Devine is included in my top10 favorite movies list.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Big fan of local hero,ned divine, englishman who went up a hill, but came down a Mt. (and all of these quirky small town films)

Watched the commitments last night, excellent movie, definitely see why it's considered one of Irelands best movies (even if it's full of American soul music). One of the more enjoyable experinces I've had in cinema in a while. It was funny seeing Glen hansard (the frames) in it with his long hair.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Speaking of Irish films, I'm a big fan of Once.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

shmenguin wrote:had to oversee a late night project launch tonight. watched moneyball while i was keeping an eye on things.

i could think of better ways to spend 2 hours.
Can't abide baseball, but I actually really enjoyed 'Mobeyball'.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

I really liked Moneyball as well. Thought Pitt, Hill, and PSH were excellent.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Moneyball is a decent movie. It's not award winning, critically acclaimed good (I think it got a few nominations but no wins), it's just a fun, easy watch. And it has Chris Pratt in it.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

count2infinity wrote:Moneyball is a decent movie. It's not award winning, critically acclaimed good (I think it got a few nominations but no wins), it's just a fun, easy watch. And it has Chris Pratt in it.
like with "lincoln", its over hype affected my experience.

aside from the chris pratt character, it was completely devoid of any emotional hook. that's kind of a problem for me, and it was really weak when they tried to add a humanistic angle into the ending.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Edward Norton is the greatest actor of my generation.

Discuss...
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Your generation sucks?
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

Yea Norton is awesome, but greatest is a reach. What do you consider to be your generation?
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

columbia wrote:Your generation sucks?
Never seen it...