Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by Rylan »

Yea, I would be caught in skinny jeans long before I will be caught in capris.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

So you do wear skinny jeans? :pop:
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

people that are coming up the 7th ave ramp on to 579 heading towards the blvd of the allies and just blow through that yield sign.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Idoit40fans wrote:So you do wear skinny jeans? :pop:
No. I have tried them on though just to see what the big deal was. But my legs were to big.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

So it's St. Paddy's day coming up... huray for people celebrating that 1% of their genes that are of Irish descent and then forgetting that their Irish again for another year. Honestly if your great great grandfather was the only Irish blood in your family, please don't go around celebrating St. Paddy's day like it really means something to you. P.S. I'm no where even close to Irish. I don't think I have any Irish blood in me at all, and thus I don't celebrate St. Paddy's day.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Rylan wrote:Baggy clothes are terrible though. They hang on you and just make you look terrible. Slim fits are great fits for me and same with slim straight pants (not skinny jeans, besides I couldn't get them on anyways). Buy clothes that are fitted and you will instantly look like a better dresser.
My problem is that my legs are too thick.

I could fit into a 33 with no problem, but no matter what fit I try, they all fit like skinny jeans. I usually have to go up to a 34 and deal with the loose waist. They're not baggy enough that they look like a pair of jnco's from the late 90s, but finding a pair of jeans that aren't skinny or that aren't falling off my waist is almost impossible in 2013. So if anybody knows of a pair of jeans that are made for us short people with thick legs, let me know.
Last edited by JS© on Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Rylan wrote: Buy clothes that are fitted and you will instantly look like a better dresser.
+1
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

count2infinity wrote:So it's St. Paddy's day coming up... huray for people celebrating that 1% of their genes that are of Irish descent and then forgetting that their Irish again for another year. Honestly if your great great grandfather was the only Irish blood in your family, please don't go around celebrating St. Paddy's day like it really means something to you. P.S. I'm no where even close to Irish. I don't think I have any Irish blood in me at all, and thus I don't celebrate St. Paddy's day.
it gets pretty dark with me and my wife around this time of the year. She's irish catholic - me irish protestant. Throughout the rest of the year it's normally just punches and head locks, but St Paddys day brings out the handstone and shillelaghs. What's worse is all my kids are baptized catholic so they are all on her side. This year, I've brought on board my Norse–Gael family for a little Gaelic warfare, wife is unaware of this, planning on catching her and the kids off guard. It will be a bloody weekend, but by Sunday night we'll all be laughing over some local morning dew while gathered around singing There were roses. Good times indeed.

My dislike for people in general does increase over this holiday, especially working on a college campus. I'm really not sure if people celebrate because it means something to them, it's just an excuse to party hard anymore.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

eddysnake wrote: I'm really not sure if people celebrate because it means something to them, it's just an excuse to party hard anymore.
not sure if serious
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

I "celebrate" because morally suspect girls "celebrate." I don't even care that its an Irish holiday, cause it isn't anymore.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

PghSkins wrote:
eddysnake wrote: I'm really not sure if people celebrate because it means something to them, it's just an excuse to party hard anymore.
not sure if serious
not sure either? don't all the idiots that party on st paddys, party for the sake of party time rather than any actual meaning of St Patricks day? I suppose its actually a fine line between the two now that I think about it?
Last edited by eddysnake on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

eddysnake wrote:
PghSkins wrote:
not sure if serious
not sure either? don't all the idiots that party on st paddys, party for the sake of party time rather than any actual meaning of St Patricks day?
I do it for the beer.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

eddysnake wrote:
PghSkins wrote:
not sure if serious
not sure either? don't all the idiots that party on st paddys, party for the sake of party time rather than any actual meaning of St Patricks day?
Yes... I didnt believe you were not sure of that.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

PghSkins wrote:
eddysnake wrote:
PghSkins wrote:
not sure if serious
Yes... I didnt believe you were not sure of that.
I can't be the only one who does it because my lenten restrictions on drinking alcohol are lifted for the day?
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

I don’t disagree. Clothing that is properly fitted to the wearer’s body will always look better. But there is a difference between clothing that is properly fitted and clothing that is merely tight. A well-fitted (or tailored) suit, for example, will be adjusted to fit the body contours of a given man’s body. That’s not the same as a suit that hugs him like it’s made of spandex.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

The sound of other people's kids playing outside

Bonus points if there's the clanking of a basketball hoop involved
60sixx
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by 60sixx »

shmenguin wrote:The sound of other people's kids playing outside

Or a trampoline..... :evil:
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

So you want them to play in silence? You're that guy in the neighborhood aren't you?
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Sounds like the guy who yells at cars and keeps items that roll into his yard.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

shmenguin is the youngest 75 year old in the world
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

PensFanInDC wrote:

So you want them to play in silence? You're that guy in the neighborhood aren't you?
Hey what can I say..."irrational" is the name of the game here, no?
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

shmenguin wrote:Hey what can I say..."irrational" is the name of the game here, no?
Precisely. While I find your pet peeve silly, I have posted countless peeves in here that others would rightfully find trivial and pedantic.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

in my defense...

i'm not debating that kids playing outside and making a ton of noise is completely appropriate. i just don't like hearing it. but a lot of this has to do with the trauma of my back yard neighbors and their kids. they are unbelievably annoying. to the point where we can't even sit out back for 5 minutes without wanting to poison their water supply.

but of course once my daughter is at the age where she makes all that little kid noise, i probably won't give a crap anymore.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

Shoelace tip stuck between your shoe and foot while you're walking/ running/struttin'.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

I hate that I couldn't get tickets because RMU students bought tickets for people that go to Pitt, Duquense, and other surrounding schools :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: