The Walking Dead

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Pruezy11881
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by Pruezy11881 »

I agree with you. Concern for his kids, RV not starting, and no response on the radio all contribute to that face...
DeadPuck
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by DeadPuck »

I don't think Glenn died there as intenstines don't usually come out of your shoulder region.

My theory is that he gets covered in blood and guts and the walkers don't pay any attention to him. I think it was michonne who used to cover herself in blood and walk amongst the walkers.

With that said, I guess it depends on how fast a persons blood goes from tasty to "do not want" from the walkers perspective. Does it have to be rotten?

That or he slides under the dumpster.

I don't know, I think it was perfect and traumatic if he was indeed killed there. That show really needed to pull viewers in emotionally. Beth's death wasn't as significant as they thought it was going to be. To watch one of the most loved characters be eaten alive, with the camera panning above really brings people back in tune with how dangerous a situation they are in.

It kind of got to the point where they seemed like they could kill zombies with their eyes closed.

They seem to be getting kind of lazy with the shoots though. Put yourself in that situation. It took me less than a second to recognize the fence to the right of them could have been climbed.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

My biggest problem if Glenn is dead that no one but the audience knows how he died and it's a rally stupid reason.

But...
Spoiler:
he has been seen filming with Paul Monroe aka Jesus do guessing he saves him. He's not dead. Yet at least.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

I can see that the zombies are eating Nick, but how Glenn gets out of this better be fantastic. Right now, there would be a complete breakdown in the logic of the show if he gets out. Zombies should be eating his legs right now at least.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Was pumped for last night's episode to get some info on Glenn and then get hit with a filler back-story episode...
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Admin wrote:Was pumped for last night's episode to get some info on Glenn and then get hit with a filler back-story episode...
I thought last night's episode was really good, though. As far as Glenn info goes, it sounds like we've got maybe 3-4 weeks before we actually find out.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Admin wrote:Was pumped for last night's episode to get some info on Glenn and then get hit with a filler back-story episode...
This was to be expected. Although 90 minutes was a bit much, I think this should have been 60 minutes and the other 30 be something about Rick or Daryl/Sasha & Abraham.

I overall liked the episode but do have some critiques about it.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

They need some Lost-style flashbacks that advance the main story arc that still nails down the history. These character development weeks are a draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

DelPen wrote:My biggest problem if Glenn is dead that no one but the audience knows how he died and it's a rally stupid reason.

But...
Spoiler:
he has been seen filming with Paul Monroe aka Jesus do guessing he saves him. He's not dead. Yet at least.
Spoiler:
Thats what I think. His death was without much fanfare and he's easily the '1b' favorite character with Daryl.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Pitt87 wrote:
They need some Lost-style flashbacks that advance the main story arc that still nails down the history. These character development weeks are a draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag.
Lost was amazing with the flashbacks and then the huge swerve later with the flash forwards. It's ashamed it's been done before because in a show like this a flash forward thinking it's in the past but after the zombie apocalypse is done and gone.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

And I'll say this much about Glenn
Spoiler:
if he is dead they are either filming a lot of flash backs or wasting a ton of time to swerve anyone taking pictures and posting them on the Spoiling Dead Facebook page because he has been active on set for weeks still. They are around episode 16 now in filming.
SubtropicalPenguin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by SubtropicalPenguin »

Zarovich wrote:I can see that the zombies are eating Nick, but how Glenn gets out of this better be fantastic. Right now, there would be a complete breakdown in the logic of the show if he gets out. Zombies should be eating his legs right now at least.
I agree with this statement entirely. Given everything, it seems most likely Glenn is still alive, but it seems to me a pretty big break-down of the show rules. Even when they went to the long pan out, there was no hope of any outside help within view (and I would say Glenn had, at most, a couple of seconds for a miracle to save him). Unless Rambo was hiding in/under the dumpster, I just don't see a realistic way out.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

There were fences all around them by the dumpster. Someone could do something from any sideif they happened to already be there. Glenn also has the flare gun still, right? He could hit one and set a few more on fire buying some time.

And of course he is still alive, AMC removed Yeun from the credits. Never did that before. It's a giant swerve.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

"Help..."

Guess he's alive.
Pruezy11881
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pruezy11881 »

Admin wrote:"Help..."

Guess he's alive.
:thumb: Although we don't know in what kind of condition...just hiding, bit, etc.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

That didn't really sound like him though. Of course if he's dumpster diving his voice could be altered.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Guess he's alive.
Of course he's alive. You don't cast Negan with Glenn already dead. Pretty much the worst kept secret in television at this point.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

tfrizz wrote:

Guess he's alive.
Of course he's alive. You don't cast Negan with Glenn already dead. Pretty much the worst kept secret in television at this point.
Spoiler:
You don't need to have Glenn get killed by Negan. Tyrese was the one in the comics who got decapitated by the Governor at the prison instead of Herschel. It will be someone who will advance the plot. Chances are it will still be Glenn after the set up of the emotional toll everyone will take thinking he's dead then coming back to only have him taken away again. But Morgan would be another good choice, they seem to kill the moral compass and after Nicholas killed himself after everything Glenn did to save him I'd expect him to not care about anyone anymore assuming he escapes. Maybe seeing Morgan executed will bring him back from the edge that he should care?
more spoilers :)
Spoiler:
Glenn, Darryl and Morgan were in line and it looks like it's either Darryl or Morgan that gets killed according to leaked set shots.
Last edited by DelPen on Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

So...
Spoiler:
that was Eugene on the radio and Alexandria is getting slammed.

Glenn hid under the dumpster until the walkers left. Enid actually finds him after.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Must resist Show button. Haha.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

AMCHD channel not working. Have to watch in standard def.... NNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
Pruezy11881
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pruezy11881 »

I don't trust Ron.
Spoiler:
Is he going to be the cause of Carl losing an eye?
Look at the flowers Ron!
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

If you don't want to know what supposedly happens, do not read.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Questions from the last episode:
1) Were there zombie termites tearing up that tower? What was going on there? Just pressure from the hoard?
2) Do we know who Morgan has locked up?

I thought Ron was about to take out Carl.
Pruezy11881
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pruezy11881 »

Admin wrote:Questions from the last episode:
1) Were there zombie termites tearing up that tower? What was going on there? Just pressure from the hoard?
2) Do we know who Morgan has locked up?

I thought Ron was about to take out Carl.
Morgan has a member of the Wolves locked up in there. Morgan was bringing the 'doctor' to try and assess the wound that the prisoner has on the right side of his abdomen.

I'm still not sure about the tower...I can only assume that that tower was weakened by being hit by the semi and the hoard pushing around the base just brought it down.