Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Post by DelPen »

Daniel wrote:
DelPen wrote:
Daniel wrote:Well Pickett sucks.

Just kidding, that was a pretty nice defensive play.
It was neither. **** Claypool had it in his **** hands. Perfect throw. Competent defense to grab a ball that was floating next to him because the receiver is giant **** moron.
Didn’t you notice the Jets DB knock the ball out of Claypools chest? It appeared that way to me anyway.

Watch Joyner

https://youtu.be/yYGoEv99S_E" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Maybe. But the ball was in Claypools hands. Has to catch it or put it down on the ground.

But I’m also thinking Pickett threw it to where Claypool should had been and he ran his route wrong.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Wilson should know better to just lob balls up to no target to avoid a sack, Minkah is just waiting to be able to make a play on a ball that’s thrown within 20 yards of him.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote:
Daniel wrote:
DelPen wrote:
Daniel wrote:Well Pickett sucks.

Just kidding, that was a pretty nice defensive play.
It was neither. **** Claypool had it in his **** hands. Perfect throw. Competent defense to grab a ball that was floating next to him because the receiver is giant **** moron.
Didn’t you notice the Jets DB knock the ball out of Claypools chest? It appeared that way to me anyway.

Watch Joyner

https://youtu.be/yYGoEv99S_E" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Maybe. But the ball was in Claypools hands. Has to catch it or put it down on the ground.

But I’m also thinking Pickett threw it to where Claypool should had been and he ran his route wrong.
It was in Claypools hands for sure and one would think he’d be strong enough to not allow Joyner to knock the ball out, but still a good defensive play. As for the route, no idea and Claypool doesn’t appear to be the best route runner so maybe.

Just to add about Claypool. How in God’s name does he have about a 4 yard per catch average. That’s just awful for a guy with his supposed skill.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Funny that both their INT and our last one were catchable balls. As far as Claypool, the guy has shown to be a hot head moron on the field. Pickett is going to get all the benefit of the doubt unless he screws up a throw to Pickens who hasn’t been destroyed by Canada yet.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote:Funny that both their INT and our last one were catchable balls. As far as Claypool, the guy has shown to be a hot head moron on the field. Pickett is going to get all the benefit of the doubt unless he screws up a throw to Pickens who hasn’t been destroyed by Canada yet.
Picken’s reminds me of Hines Ward but might be meaner. Watching his WR highlights after the draft and the best ones were of him blocking. It was pretty funny and basically him knocking guys on their backside.

Notice the entire team got a spark when Pickett came in.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

So Pickett is pretty good.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote:So Pickett is pretty good.

He sure is making the Matt Canada play calling look better. :D
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Sutton looked to be tripped there to slip on his coverage.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Three INT off our own guys but that one at least was on Pickett for a bad throw.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote:Three INT off our own guys but that one at least was on Pickett for a bad throw.
I don’t mind the rookie mistake passes where he’s trying to do too much. That’s to be expected even though it does suck. Rather it be against a crap team like the Jets though.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Daniel wrote:
DelPen wrote:Three INT off our own guys but that one at least was on Pickett for a bad throw.
I don’t mind the rookie mistake passes where he’s trying to do too much. That’s to be expected even though it does suck. Rather it be against a crap team like the Jets though.
Yup, he’ll learn and I’d rather see this than a constant 3 and out and lose 20-9
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Watching that hit on Trubisky, are they going to call it an injury replacement and start Trubisky next week?
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Well defense is going to lose this game. Which isn’t unexpected. But it’s still the **** Jets.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote:Well defense is going to lose this game. Which isn’t unexpected. But it’s still the **** Jets.
Sign your team sucks, losing to the Jets. I wonder if there is a game changing DB, DE, OL in the top 10 of next years draft.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Exhibit A why the NFL sucks. Two injuries, two lost timeouts, end of game need for timeouts.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Third and 10 from the Bills 2 and Allen throws a 98 yard touchdown. Great work defense.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Wow, just wow. Stupid decision when down by 21 against an offense you have only stopped because of a mistake by Josh Allen.

It’ll be 31-3 going into the half because Tomlin is a coward. Steelers are playing like the game is close and hoping to win in the 4th. Bills are playing like they want to put backups into the game in the 4th quarter.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Steelers down by 21 go for a FG on 4th and 5. Buffalo up by 28 with 15 seconds left still trying to score.

Reason one team has a prolific offense and the other is happy with 3 points.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

When officials don’t make an easy call to protect a quarterback who’s on the bad end of a 31-3 score you are asking for the other QB to get murdered.
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

Tomlin needs to be fired.
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

I have been saying he should have been fired for the last 5 years or so. I am just fed up with his mediocre garbage. The guy isn’t a great coach.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Claypool can’t run a proper route.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Any of you guys think the Steelers can get to 4 wins this season? Looking at the schedule, I'm not sure I see more than 3-4 wins the rest of the year.

Now that this is fully the team that Tomlin built, when does the criticism of the teflon coach start? After next season or during this one?
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Daniel wrote:Any of you guys think the Steelers can get to 4 wins this season? Looking at the schedule, I'm not sure I see more than 3-4 wins the rest of the year.

Now that this is fully the team that Tomlin built, when does the criticism of the teflon coach start? After next season or during this one?
Only if Watt is able to come back and doesn’t get hurt again. They may be 1-7 by then.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Zarovich wrote:
Daniel wrote:Any of you guys think the Steelers can get to 4 wins this season? Looking at the schedule, I'm not sure I see more than 3-4 wins the rest of the year.

Only if Watt is able to come back and doesn’t get hurt again. They may be 1-7 by then.
I’m looking at their schedule and, while any given Sunday is true, I am having trouble thinking they can win 2 more games.

TB loss is pretty certain
Dolphins in Miami, likely loss
Eagles are too good
Might win vs. Saints
Bengals doubtful
Colts aren’t that great this season, but it’s an away game. Even still, maybe
Atlanta is on the road, but possible win
Ravens will likely sweep the Steelers
Not really sure about Carolina on the road, so a maybe there.
They can’t seem to beat the Raiders no matter what
Last game vs. the Browns will be a draft pick game

Maybe vs. Saints, Colts, Falcons, Panthers? Those might be the rest of the wins this season though a meaningless game vs the Browns might be a win too. What do you think?