The Walking Dead

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by newarenanow »

Well, they are sleep deprived, starving, tired and in a middle of a horrible situation. Some dumb things are going to happen.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Let's look at their last few places of refuge:

1) Farm, overrun by walkers, lit on fire, people died
2) Prison, overrun by walkers, people died and blown up by a tank
3) Woodbury, run by a crazy guy who kept heads in a fish tank
4) Terminus, run by cannibals, everyone almost dies
5) Hospital, run by a power hungry *****, people died
6) Noah's walled community, overrun by walkers and some weird hunters, everyone died

So I can see why anything presented to them would be taken with a huge grain of salt. Everywhere they have ended up has either gone to complete crap or was run by scum. The right thing was to approach at night to avoid a possible ambush.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Meanwhile, the smart people have gone to live on islands.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

It's interesting but kind of a yawn because you know it has to end badly, otherwise the show has to end. So you're stuck siding with super paranoid Rick but for reasons Rick can't possibly know. I feel like we're wading into another slow arc.

Gaucho, I had a long conversation with Hockeynut about this in a PM a while ago. I would've gone to one of the barrier islands off of the NC/SC or Gulf Coast and lived out my days in relative peace. Boring show, though. ;)

Boo, became a Healthy Scratch talking about TWD. :slug:
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

DelPen wrote:Let's look at their last few places of refuge:
I understand that things have always worked out badly, but at the same time

7) Wander around aimlessly, People die

:lol:

I know it's the nature of the show that they can't settle down, build their own community and live in relative safety. It just gets frustrating to watch at times.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by offsides »

Just watched the last episode. I'm guessing Rick hiding that gun means trouble with another refuge is coming, again.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

In a world where the dead turn into monsters and scarce resources have lead the remaining people to resort to eating each other, he's playing it safe.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

I'm just happy getting to the gates isn't the closing scene of the season.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

relantel wrote:I'm just happy getting to the gates isn't the closing scene of the season.

there is one way to end the season, MAJOR spoilers from comic:

Seriosuly, this is big, click at your own risk...
Spoiler:
The zombies manage to get through the walls and in the panic the residents don't knwo what to do because they have been safe for so long. Rick's group saves the day but in the chaos Carl is shot in the eye and has half his face blown off. That gun shot and head half exploding and then Rick's expression would be just perfect.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

DelPen wrote:
relantel wrote:I'm just happy getting to the gates isn't the closing scene of the season.

Spoiler:
The zombies manage to get through the walls and in the panic the residents don't knwo what to do because they have been safe for so long. Rick's group saves the day but in the chaos Carl is shot in the eye and has half his face blown off. That gun shot and head half exploding and then Rick's expression would be just perfect.

there's a spoiler to that spoiler...
Spoiler:
carl lives
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

shmenguin wrote:
DelPen wrote:

Spoiler:

there's a spoiler to that spoiler...
Spoiler:
carl lives
But that would be a good way to end the season on a cliff hanger, no?

Then the opening for Season 6...
Spoiler:
The entire episode is shot from Carl's POV. He has no idea the extent of his injuries, onyl that people keep asking him if he's OK but they keep looking at him very weird and the final scene of the episode is him turning to a mirror, taking the bandages off and seeing a gaping hole where his eye and half his face were
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

other than, "it's a comic...anything can happen", is there any practical explanation for
Spoiler:
carl living - despite his face being blown off?
DropEmJayBird
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by DropEmJayBird »

From a non comic reader - so I don't know spoilers.

I think these new people are too nice and naive - I do not think they are bad, I think they are genuine. I think they gave us a bit of a clue when they talked about the gay love scene during talking dead and how nice it was to see - no way these are bad people.

What I think though - is that they are too nice... too welcoming, and that's going to open the doors of this place to a really bad group of people who will take it over.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

I'm almost tempted to click the spoilers to see if this is going to get more interesting... But I probably wouldn't watch then.

The show is fine... But just not hooking me right now. I don't HAVE to watch when it airs.
GSdrums87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by GSdrums87 »

the wicked child wrote:I'm almost tempted to click the spoilers to see if this is going to get more interesting... But I probably wouldn't watch then.

The show is fine... But just not hooking me right now. I don't HAVE to watch when it airs.
Yeah, if they decide to go the route of the comics, you'll be glad you didn't click the spoilers.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

GSdrums87 wrote:
the wicked child wrote:I'm almost tempted to click the spoilers to see if this is going to get more interesting... But I probably wouldn't watch then.

Yeah, if they decide to go the route of the comics, you'll be glad you didn't click the spoilers.
I can say the comics are in a lull as far as action goes at this stage where they are on the show but it's some good story and plot development coming up too which, I promise, will pay off but it will take a little while to get there but it will be worth it.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

shmenguin wrote:other than, "it's a comic...anything can happen", is there any practical explanation for
Spoiler:
carl living - despite his face being blown off?
Not really but...
Spoiler:
I can see how at the right angle you could survive a bullet through your eye and out the back side of your head and miss the brain and main arteries but probably not tendons or muscle mass that would keep your head from flopping around but I'm sure a one-in-a-million shot like that has actually happened in real life. What I can't accept is not dying from the massive infection that would surely have to occur in the world they live in..
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

The current season's finale will be extended to 90 minutes.

@DaltonRoss: #TheWalkingDead season finale on March 29 now super-sized to 90 minutes.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

So like a regular episode of SOA? ;)
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

Does that mean we're going to have 5 minute long scenes of car chases set to music?
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

viva la ben wrote:The current season's finale will be extended to 90 minutes.

@DaltonRoss: #TheWalkingDead season finale on March 29 now super-sized to 90 minutes.
so 20 extra minutes of commerical. woo. hoo.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Solid effort tonight. No complaints whatsoever.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

shmenguin wrote:Solid effort tonight. No complaints whatsoever.
+1

Very good episode. I hope they stick with this storyline for the rest of the season. It's such a nice change of pace.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I am already furious at Deanna's son.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

I like the drama which isn't forced. These people will have PTSD from being out in the wild for so long. It will be interesting how they adapt. The ***** bag taking a single walker biting their friend personally was great. These people obvisously never faced more than a few at a time.

Also thought it was great Rick and Carl looking happy they got some action killing a half dozen easily.