Hossa to DET

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Hossa to DET

Post by crzymike »

shmenguin wrote:hossa has looked pretty invisible (relatively speaking) in the playoffs so far. if he keeps up this level of play, i wouldn't say that this wings team is any better than last year's
I agree. On paper they should be better over last years squad but defensively they have more lapses. That bein said they are still damn good.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

crzymike wrote:
shmenguin wrote:hossa has looked pretty invisible (relatively speaking) in the playoffs so far. if he keeps up this level of play, i wouldn't say that this wings team is any better than last year's
I agree. On paper they should be better over last years squad but defensively they have more lapses. That bein said they are still damn good.
Yep. You know a team is good when their big guns shut down, and they are still winning.

I'd be scared if their big guns wake back up.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

newarenanow wrote:
crzymike wrote:
Yep. You know a team is good when their big guns shut down, and they are still winning.

Do you possibly have a vast quantity of sedatives that could be sent to them? You could maybe put it in some chocolate, pizza or for Zetterberg, Samuelson and Kronwall in swedish meatballs. Dont worry, I won't tell!
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

crzymike wrote:Do you possibly have a vast quantity of sedatives that could be sent to them? You could maybe put it in some chocolate, pizza or for Zetterberg, Samuelson and Kronwall in swedish meatballs. Dont worry, I won't tell!
I'll get to work on that!
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

I just checked out the Wings stats. Hossa is only 4-3-7 this playoff...meh...
darkstar57
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish

Post by darkstar57 »

wow this thread is still going strong.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

newarenanow wrote:
crzymike wrote:

I'm worried that as they get closer and closer to the cup they get stronger....but they don't seem quite as strong as they did at this point last season.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Troy Loney wrote: I'm worried that as they get closer and closer to the cup they get stronger....but they don't seem quite as strong as they did at this point last season.
Yeah, you see it all the time. When there is a championship organization, and Detroit is tops in the NHL right now, get into trouble, and there can be a knockout blow (ie. the Ducks series) and they survive it, it just seeems to make them stronger.

In the NBA, I'm seeing that with the Lakers.

If the Rays didn't knock out the Red Sox last year in the ALCS, I can pretty much guarantee you they would have won the WS.

Detroit making past the second round is bad news for all.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

I've felt the entire season that it's pretty much been the red wing's cup to lose all year....looks like they'll get past the hawks...it's going to be incredibly difficult to for the pens or hurricanes to take them out in the finals this year...

I guess you could say something similar for the lakers this season...but if they do end up going against the cavs i might actually watch some of that cause i would much rather see the cavaliers win over bryant and the lakers.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

newarenanow wrote:
Troy Loney wrote: I'm worried that as they get closer and closer to the cup they get stronger....but they don't seem quite as strong as they did at this point last season.
Yeah, you see it all the time. When there is a championship organization, and Detroit is tops in the NHL right now, get into trouble, and there can be a knockout blow (ie. the Ducks series) and they survive it, it just seeems to make them stronger.

If the Rays didn't knock out the Red Sox last year in the ALCS, I can pretty much guarantee you they would have won the WS.

What makes you say that. :P
neophool
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by neophool »

wat is a hossa?
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

neophool wrote:wat is a hossa?
Slovakian for mercenary. Or overplayed. :lol:
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

get this thread to 100 pages before this playoff season is over!
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

JeffDFD wrote:get this thread to 100 pages before this playoff season is over!
Thats the type of ambition I like to see, s-e-a!
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

almost to 78!
Rohit
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Rohit »

newarenanow wrote:

but the phillies won instead! (thats right, im a phillies fan and a pens fan...pens fan first, however)
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

If Hossa re-signs with Det this offseason, will we have to start a new HOSSA TO DET thread?
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Hossa's teammate Pavel Datsyuk is out for tonight.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Hossa's teammate Pavel Datsyuk is out for tonight.
NHoR

Not Hossa Related...where is the thread police when you need them? Your post was too much of a stretch
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

JeffDFD wrote:If Hossa re-signs with Det this offseason, will we have to start a new HOSSA TO DET thread?
THE FUN would continue on! :)
darkstar57
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish

Post by darkstar57 »

crzymike wrote:
JeffDFD wrote:get this thread to 100 pages before this playoff season is over!
Thats the type of ambition I like to see, s-e-a!
I am sure that if we can beat carolina and the wings beat the hawks, this thread might hit 200 pages.
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Ben Klingston »

I think Marian's squeeze needs to shave. Her legs.

ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

crzymike wrote:
JeffDFD wrote:If Hossa re-signs with Det this offseason, will we have to start a new HOSSA TO DET thread?
THE FUN would continue on! :)
over/under on the amount of Hossa to DET threads created if that happens : 16
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Durbano »

Interesting to see Dejan writing about hockey again. From Monday's PG, about Hossa:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09145/972498-61.stm
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Durbano wrote:Interesting to see Dejan writing about hockey again. From Monday's PG, about Hossa:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09145/972498-61.stm
Good article+interview with Hossa and it's been a long time for Dejan covering hockey. Glad to see him back, even if it's just for an occasional piece.