Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Post by DelPen »

I have no idea how good Mason Cole might be but Green is a better guard than center and our guards were trash. Maybe things won’t be so bad? Still need an ILB and NT to shore up run defense, trading up to make sure to get Jordan Davis would be worth it.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote:I have no idea how good Mason Cole might be but Green is a better guard than center and our guards were trash. Maybe things won’t be so bad? Still need an ILB and NT to shore up run defense, trading up to make sure to get Jordan Davis would be worth it.
When you're down to what 5th string guard, they will be trash. Seems like a good signing but I'm sure they'll draft a G or C this year. Not sure where Green's future is, but I think he'll be fine as G or C.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

James Daniels 3 years, $28.5 million.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

I am getting kind of optimistic with how well free agency has gone. There’s a couple internal guys I hope stay and then one more new guy and if we have a good draft we will be so much better than last year.

Trubisky is the right guy for the team right now. He’s better than who was here to start camp and he’s cheap. We can punt future franchise QB to next year where if Mitch fails spectacularly we get a better draft position to get a better QB. Everything with his signing is win/win.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

Wow... Dwayne Haskins was killed this morning after being struck by a vehicle. He was in Florida training with the team. No other details released at this point.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

Sigwolf wrote:Wow... Dwayne Haskins was killed this morning after being struck by a vehicle. He was in Florida training with the team. No other details released at this point.
This happened about 10 miles east of where I live. He was on the interstate, got out of his car, and was struck and killed by a dump truck. Reports are that he ran out of gas. This happened around 6:30-7am this morning. Highway is still shut down.

Roads down here, especially highways are dangerous. Shoulders are small. Most smart people that live here know to wait for highway patrol or roadside service to park behind them and shield them a bit from oncoming traffic. People get clipped on the side of the road a few times a year here.

If anyone remembers former NHL player Jeff Halpern, who played a lot for the Capitals and then Dallas, his mother was killed on this same highway over 20 years ago, when she exited 595 to get on the Florida turnpike and a gas tanker ran into her car and blew up.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

FLPensFan wrote:
Sigwolf wrote:Wow... Dwayne Haskins was killed this morning after being struck by a vehicle. He was in Florida training with the team. No other details released at this point.
This happened about 10 miles east of where I live. He was on the interstate, got out of his car, and was struck and killed by a dump truck. Reports are that he ran out of gas. This happened around 6:30-7am this morning. Highway is still shut down.

Roads down here, especially highways are dangerous. Shoulders are small. Most smart people that live here know to wait for highway patrol or roadside service to park behind them and shield them a bit from oncoming traffic. People get clipped on the side of the road a few times a year here.

If anyone remembers former NHL player Jeff Halpern, who played a lot for the Capitals and then Dallas, his mother was killed on this same highway over 20 years ago, when she exited 595 to get on the Florida turnpike and a gas tanker ran into her car and blew up.
How much sunlight is there that time of day? Can be hard to see if the sun is not yet or just coming up.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

Zarovich wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:

How much sunlight is there that time of day? Can be hard to see if the sun is not yet or just coming up.
At 6:30am with the timechange, it would have still been relatively dark out. I still have not seen an official report of "why" Haskins was out of his car, but what I have seen is that Haskins was on his way to the airport. Something happened...he stopped for some reason, and then...he attempted to cross the westbound lanes of interstate 595, which is when he was struck and killed by the dump truck. 595 is anywhere from 3-5 lanes wide in each direction. My guess is his car stopped for some reason and he pulled over to the inside median while going eastbound, towards the Fort Lauderdale airport, he decided to try and leave the car to get help, and attempted to cross the highway.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

New report in local news stations here say a man believes he saw Haskins in the road about 5 minutes before he was killed. The man was so concerned that he called 911 before Haskins had actually been hit.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/ver ... h/2733043/
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

The Ravens just got a franchise safety for losing to us in that last game to miss the playoffs. Fantastic.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

What will happen when the QB with the smallest hands gets the ball snapped by the C with the shortest arms? Hopefully with all the interior lineman who can also play C that we signed Green will be moved to guard where he is much better.

I’m indifferent on Pickett and unless the QB class next year is just horrible then I don’t see why we took a QB at all. But what if Willis is still there at 52? Should had traded down anyways because both guys would have been there all day 1.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

And Willis is still there at 52. Which tells me Pickett would have been too. Should had rearranged picks to move down if a QB was the first pick.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

DelPen wrote:And Willis is still there at 52. Which tells me Pickett would have been too. Should had rearranged picks to move down if a QB was the first pick.
I honestly believe Colbert wanted Pickett all along. At any spot. Well maybe not top 5 lol. And I don't think it's in his nature to trade back when his guy is there.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

New name for Heinz field.
Andrew Fillipponi
@ThePoniExpress
·
41m
Breaking: The ketchup bottles are coming down. Heinz Field will be renamed Acrisure Stadium. After the Michigan-based insurance brokerage firm. An official announcement could come as soon as Tuesday.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

So do they sign another rb to help Najee out?
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

ville5 wrote:So do they sign another rb to help Najee out?
I don’t think until after pre-season starts. I think they’d want to see how Snell and McFarland, not to mention Jaylen Warren and Mataeo Durant come along before signing a guy like David Johnson.

If he’s available in August, Johnson might be a good compliment to Harris.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Kind of fitting that Ben was the last Steeler to start at QB in Heinz Field.

Can’t wait to play at Allspice Field or whatever it’s called.
Tico Rick
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Tico Rick »

David Morehouse hired as a senior advisor to Art Rooney II.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

The 2022 offensive line has to be the worst in the whole NFL.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

DelPen wrote:The 2022 offensive line has to be the worst in the whole NFL.
But they'll keep trying to run it down the middle inside the 10, anyway...
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

DelPen wrote:The 2022 offensive line has to be the worst in the whole NFL.
Why stop at the NFL?
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

Only 17 points on the board with 4 takeaways in the half is going to bite them in the rear.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Hope Harvin is doing one bad punt with the rest good this year instead of his 2021 performance of the opposite.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

If going 5-12 means we get a stud O-Lineman in the next draft I’m all for tanking and slowly developing Pickett. The current line is not good enough to do much this year so might as well tank.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Picking 6 minutes to go up by 6 is a bad time for the defense to to their one garbage drive of the game.