Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Post by Daniel »

The announcers keep pointing out Chiefs holds like they're good plays. I don't think throwing someone to the ground by the jersey is legal.
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

Daniel wrote:The announcers keep pointing out Chiefs holds like they're good plays. I don't think throwing someone to the ground by the jersey is legal.
Nor is him being covered by Kelce.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

I can't watch this anymore. Just a question of if the Steelers can get more yards than Chiefs get points.
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

Daniel wrote:I can't watch this anymore. Just a question of if the Steelers can get more yards than Chiefs get points.

At least the Steelers don’t have Tyreek “Domestic Violence” Hill on their team.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Grunthy wrote:
Daniel wrote:I can't watch this anymore. Just a question of if the Steelers can get more yards than Chiefs get points.

At least the Steelers don’t have Tyreek “Domestic Violence” Hill on their team.
If they did Tomlin would try to be his friend.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

Grunthy wrote:Not getting curb stomped immediately is a win.
Nope. Curb stomped late is just as bad as curb stomped immediately. I would much rather have seen Indy beat the pathetic Jags and have Ben's last game be a win instead of this crap.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

The Chiefs could kneel 4 times at any part of the field and the Steelers still don't score.
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

Sigwolf wrote:
Nope. Curb stomped late is just as bad as curb stomped immediately. I would much rather have seen Indy beat the pathetic Jags and have Ben's last game be a win instead of this crap.

Ehh… rather be curb stomped late. It isn’t like I expected them to win.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

Grunthy wrote:
Sigwolf wrote:

That's kind of the point... they didn't have a chance in this game. Letting Ben's career end on two wins against division rivals, but the team wasn't good enough to make the playoffs(which it clearly wasn't), had to be better than, well, this.
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

Sigwolf wrote:
Grunthy wrote:
Sigwolf wrote:

That's kind of the point... they didn't have a chance in this game. Letting Ben's career end on two wins against division rivals, but the team wasn't good enough to make the playoffs(which it clearly wasn't), had to be better than, well, this.
Rather it end in the playoffs. They really didn’t lose much on draft pick by making it.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Grunthy wrote:Rather it end in the playoffs. They really didn’t lose much on draft pick by making it.
Problem is the mediocre play with being almost a contender. What will it take for this franchise to make an organizational change and move on from Tomlin? Do any of us believe Tomlin can navigate a post Ben rebuild? For the most part players regress under this coaching staff.
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

Daniel wrote:
Grunthy wrote:Rather it end in the playoffs. They really didn’t lose much on draft pick by making it.
Problem is the mediocre play with being almost a contender. What will it take for this franchise to make an organizational change and move on from Tomlin? Do any of us believe Tomlin can navigate a post Ben rebuild? For the most part players regress under this coaching staff.
No. Tomlin is trash. He should have been let go several years ago.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

Grunthy wrote:
Daniel wrote:Been an okay season but this offense can't score 21 points. I just hope they lose bad enough that the Steelers realize they need better coaching.
The entire coaching staff needs fired. Everything you see is because of lack of discipline. Which is all sh*t coaching.
I thought for sure the idiotic offensive play-calling, specifically the moronic wr screen, would follow Haley out the door. Nope, I was wrong. 3rd and 10? Let's throw it to a wr behind the line of scrimmage. That'll fool em and get us a 1st down.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

I had to wake up really early this morning so I turned the game off after their 5th TD but from what I saw from Harvin last night it might have saved his job. But his punts last night should had been the norm all season and there were games lost because of the bad field position he gave up for points against or even if the defense held we would start deeper
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

ville5 wrote:
Grunthy wrote:
Daniel wrote:Been an okay season but this offense can't score 21 points. I just hope they lose bad enough that the Steelers realize they need better coaching.
The entire coaching staff needs fired. Everything you see is because of lack of discipline. Which is all sh*t coaching.
I thought for sure the idiotic offensive play-calling, specifically the moronic wr screen, would follow Haley out the door. Nope, I was wrong. 3rd and 10? Let's throw it to a wr behind the line of scrimmage. That'll fool em and get us a 1st down.
WR screens should be used, but when they happen it should be a surprise, not the norm. Heck, I’d rather RB screens, especially since Harris would likely be pretty good at it.

But in all fairness, how much of the play calling was done because Ben couldn’t scramble, couldn’t throw down the field, and was frankly a shell of his former self for what 2-3 years.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Grunthy wrote:Lol. So rigged.
Watching the Bucs and Rams and was reminded me of this. So fixed for sure.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Nothing to do with the Steelers but Washington picking a new name with three syllables, Commanders, without a shorter possible nickname like the Niners, Bucs and Pats have (and if you are weird and add an extra syllable to Jaguars or Cardinals you still have Jags and Cards) is an odd choice.

How do you get a chant going with the Commanders?
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

DelPen wrote:Nothing to do with the Steelers but Washington picking a new name with three syllables, Commanders, without a shorter possible nickname like the Niners, Bucs and Pats have (and if you are weird and add an extra syllable to Jaguars or Cardinals you still have Jags and Cards) is an odd choice.

How do you get a chant going with the Commanders?
Duh... Let's Go Ders! It just rolls off the tongue. :P :face:
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

Bout. Damn. Time.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

The off-season coaching hires have not been good. Hiring a litigation happy failure is icing on the cake.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

DelPen wrote:The off-season coaching hires have not been good. Hiring a litigation happy failure is icing on the cake.
I bet Minkah Fitzpatrick is really happy today. He hated his usage under Flores. As a Dolphin fan, I think Flores is a great defensive coach, but did not have the right attitude/personality to be successful as a head coach. I would be a little concerned about him as a Steelers coach for the simple fact that, Mike Tomlin doesn't appear to be the greatest at keeping things in check. The issue I saw with Flores during his 3 years in Miami:

--He got rid of a lot of veteran players during his 3 year stint. Some of which were guys that he had the GM bring in just a year earlier. That didn't sit well with some free agents.

--It has long been rumored that if you weren't a "Flores guy" that he had issues with those players. He rubbed a lot of players the wrong way. You could be a good player, but if he didn't like you for whatever reason, it showed and was difficult to play for him.

--Defenders of his say he had two winning seasons. This is correct, but it wasn't like he was 14-2 both of those years. He was 9-8 and 10-6, 5 games over 500. He failed to get into the playoffs both of those years, and in both those years, they had the opportunity to sneak into the playoffs and badly wilted in those meaningful games.

--He went 1-4 to start the season in Year 2, and 1-7 to start in Year 3. He lost to several really bad teams like the Raiders and Jacksonville this year. The slow starts put his teams behind early in the season.

--He is said to have not gotten along with his own assistants. Strong reports that, after the team went 1-7 this year, he stopped talking to his coordinators and did a lot of the work himself. I guess you can give him some props with the record to finish, but, if you can't work well with others you aren't going to last long in this league.

So many Dolphins fans were shocked at his firing. I thought it was the right move. Best case, I would have told him that another slow start this year and he'd be out, but, if he isn't getting along with players and his own coaches, I was fully on board with showing him the door. I thought he was the guy when they hired him, but the impression of him from Year 1 to Year 3 changed, and in the end, he was very similar to his predecessors in Adam Gase and Joe Philbin...very good assistant coach that didn't have the right personality to run a team.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

FLPensFan wrote:
DelPen wrote:The off-season coaching hires have not been good. Hiring a litigation happy failure is icing on the cake.
I bet Minkah Fitzpatrick is really happy today. He hated his usage under Flores. As a Dolphin fan, I think Flores is a great defensive coach, but did not have the right attitude/personality to be successful as a head coach. I would be a little concerned about him as a Steelers coach for the simple fact that, Mike Tomlin doesn't appear to be the greatest at keeping things in check. The issue I saw with Flores during his 3 years in Miami:

--He got rid of a lot of veteran players during his 3 year stint. Some of which were guys that he had the GM bring in just a year earlier. That didn't sit well with some free agents.

--It has long been rumored that if you weren't a "Flores guy" that he had issues with those players. He rubbed a lot of players the wrong way. You could be a good player, but if he didn't like you for whatever reason, it showed and was difficult to play for him.

--Defenders of his say he had two winning seasons. This is correct, but it wasn't like he was 14-2 both of those years. He was 9-8 and 10-6, 5 games over 500. He failed to get into the playoffs both of those years, and in both those years, they had the opportunity to sneak into the playoffs and badly wilted in those meaningful games.

--He went 1-4 to start the season in Year 2, and 1-7 to start in Year 3. He lost to several really bad teams like the Raiders and Jacksonville this year. The slow starts put his teams behind early in the season.

--He is said to have not gotten along with his own assistants. Strong reports that, after the team went 1-7 this year, he stopped talking to his coordinators and did a lot of the work himself. I guess you can give him some props with the record to finish, but, if you can't work well with others you aren't going to last long in this league.

So many Dolphins fans were shocked at his firing. I thought it was the right move. Best case, I would have told him that another slow start this year and he'd be out, but, if he isn't getting along with players and his own coaches, I was fully on board with showing him the door. I thought he was the guy when they hired him, but the impression of him from Year 1 to Year 3 changed, and in the end, he was very similar to his predecessors in Adam Gase and Joe Philbin...very good assistant coach that didn't have the right personality to run a team.
Considering he’s an LB coach, I doubt he’ll effect Fitzpatricks playing time and usage. He was a pretty good coach in NE and likely just isn’t HC material.
lemieuxReturns
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by lemieuxReturns »

Looks like the Steelers just got Mitch Trubinkski!
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

lemieuxReturns wrote:Looks like the Steelers just got Mitch Trubinkski!
Yes. Trubisky for 2 years. I don't see cost anywhere. Shouldn't be too much. Supposedly was down to the Giants and Stillers. That might've drove the price up a bit.
It's a good thing he's mobile with our OL.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

It’s a sad, sad day that I am potentially celebrating Mitch **** Trubisky coming in to be our #1 QB. But at least it won’t be Rudolph or Haskins so woohoo.

But big picture, not having to trade for or draft someone is huge.