Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Current video game being played

Post by MRandall25 »

pittsoccer33 wrote:I'm an inverter too. I think that comes from N64 - push the stick forward is bend forward. Pull the stick back is look up in my head.
... isn't that the normal way? Your wording kind of confused me.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

I used to be that way. Now I can never do it though for some reason. Up has to be up.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pittsoccer33 »

When I play a FPS game with a controller I set it so that pushing the right thumb stick looks down. Pulling it back towards me looks up.

I haven't played anything on the PC in a while, but I do that the other way Moving the mouse to the top of the mousepad moved the cursor to the top of the screen. Pulled the mouse back towards me lowered the cursor. Just like when normally using Windows.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Honestly I haven't even paid attention to the whole invert/normal stick configuration thing since the first Halo where they made you try both. Probably why PS's post sounded weird.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

pittsoccer33 wrote:I'm an inverter too. I think that comes from N64 - push the stick forward is bend forward. Pull the stick back is look up in my head.
Inverters almost always played goldeneye heavily. Took me a while to wean off it.
silentom
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by silentom »

slappybrown wrote:
Inverters almost always played goldeneye heavily. Took me a while to wean off it.
I miss Goldeneye. Perfect dark, too. I'd love to see those games updated for next gen. consoles. And not the crap remakes and sequels that have been tried before. Just the original game on the new engines. That'd be beautiful.
the errey i breathe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by the errey i breathe »

I just got OOTP 16. Now I'm gonna go try to not ruin the Buccos
malkinshair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by malkinshair »

Yeah, so...I picked up Red Dead Redemption for $5 at gamestop. I had already played and loved it, but had traded it in eons ago (when it was still worth something). It's one of those ones that I've always been sorry that I traded. So I pop it in, go to load my saved game......and it's not there. I must've deleted it at some point. If my memory serves, I was at about 85-90% completion. I had played through the ending of the story, so at least there's that...but all of the outfits/weapons/perks/multiplayer etc. is gone. I did start it again, but we'll see how long I stick with it. It is admittedly refreshing to play a sandbox game with absolutely no regard for the story. I can putz around as much as I want.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

But that's awful for aiming in a shooter. Jesus. Good maybe only for flying an airplane.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

malkinshair wrote:Yeah, so...I picked up Red Dead Redemption for $5 at gamestop. I had already played and loved it, but had traded it in eons ago (when it was still worth something). It's one of those ones that I've always been sorry that I traded. So I pop it in, go to load my saved game......and it's not there. I must've deleted it at some point. If my memory serves, I was at about 85-90% completion. I had played through the ending of the story, so at least there's that...but all of the outfits/weapons/perks/multiplayer etc. is gone. I did start it again, but we'll see how long I stick with it. It is admittedly refreshing to play a sandbox game with absolutely no regard for the story. I can putz around as much as I want.
I've had it for like 2 years and haven't played it yet. I think you get to drive a horse, so that automatically makes it a good game, imo. I'm kinda having fun with Thief now, but after that I'm open.

*I drive a horse. I don't ride it. I think it sounds funnier.
joeyg412
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by joeyg412 »

How does preordering games with Amazon work? I have Prime. I assume the game is shipped on it's release date?
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ajh2298 »

joeyg412 wrote:How does preordering games with Amazon work? I have Prime. I assume the game is shipped on it's release date?
Prime used to get you "Release Day Shipping" where they would try their best to get you the game on the actual release day. But its been so long since I've ordered a game from them I am not sure if that changed or not.

Also if anyone cares Battlefield Hardline is already $40 at both Best Buy and Amazon.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

joeyg412 wrote:How does preordering games with Amazon work? I have Prime. I assume the game is shipped on it's release date?
You will get it on release day...at least with prime you do. Before you place your order you will get like 3 shipping options. One will be release day delivery then two later options.

Every game ive pre ordered from them ive either gotten on release day or a day before.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pittsoccer33 »

Sarcastic wrote:
But that's awful for aiming in a shooter. Jesus. Good maybe only for flying an airplane.
I think maybe thats a bit of the problem - I apply that logic to everything - looking, aiming, flying a plane, swimming, moving the camera, whatever the game entails. Its just what seems natural. Similar to how I think its crazy that most hockey players that shoot "left" are right handed and swing a golf club "right."

I tried the Titanfall training mode the "normal" way yesterday and just ended up walking into walls.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Game wizard remakes a Super Mario 64 level in HD:
http://www.dailydot.com/geek/super-mario-64-hd-remix/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If you want to play with this demo on your own you can on Windows, Mac, or Linux as long as you have the Unity plug-in installed.

stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

Play Pacman on google maps

https://support.google.com/maps/answer/6178227?hl=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by farnham16 »

Playing Metroid Prime 3 right now. Man I hope Retro Studios next game is a Metroid game.
djlm
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by djlm »

Wow, made it in the topic. Had to get rid of some cobwebs to enter first though.

So I just purchased F1 2015 for the PS4.

On another note NHL 15 updated yesterday, 1.85gb update. Pittsburgh Penguins have finally got their alternate jersey inserted. The did previously have the 90's away jersey with the 75 years logo but the Xbox 360 of NHL 15 already had the real alternate jersey since the early updates a looong time ago.
djlm
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by djlm »

And now I downloaded NHL 16 EASHL beta. Anyone with a PS4 on this?
Steve Dave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Steve Dave »

Got my Atari 2600 from my mom's attic while visiting but need to get a $2 piece at radio shack to connect it to my tv. Will be playing Space Invaders!
ffemtreed
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ffemtreed »

RetroPie!!!

Got all my old Atari 2600, 7800, NES and SNES working. Genesis and MAME is next!

Can't beat it for a 60 dollar investment. (40 for the Raspberry PI, 8 for a SD Card and 12 for a USB SNES controller)
djlm
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by djlm »

Can't wait for NHL 16. Now that Kane is no longer on the cover, some dude made this fanart cover for the game with The Phil:

The actual real new cover: