Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Current video game being played

Post by Shyster »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:There was a huge amount of piracy with these games. Those of us with a second floppy drive could copy "cracked" games fairly easily.
Copy II Plus FTW. I didn't mention the Apple IIc we had as well. I was recently thinking about all the time I spent playing Silent Service on the IIc, so I went and looked the game back up. I never realized it was one of Sid Meier's first games. No wonder it was so good.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Canaan, for dreamcast, do you have jedi power battles or jet set radio? Circle yes or no

If yes, can I come over and play, circle yes or no
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

I have jsr on the ps3, but not on the dc. I unfortunately do not have Jedi. You can come play virtua tennis though.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Holy crap Jedi is going for $100. I'm gonna find a torrent.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I need to dust off Virtua Tennis. It has been quite a while. Best tennis game ever. Thats universally agreed on, right?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

You either agree or you're wrong
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Idoit40fans wrote:I need to dust off Virtua Tennis. It has been quite a while. Best tennis game ever. Thats universally agreed on, right?

Just like super spike v'ball is the best volleyball game ever.
Avyran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Avyran »

I really liked the Mario Tennis games.

But Virtua Tennis is far & away the best. Loved that game.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Super Spike was awesome, but it was no MLB Baseball.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

eddysnake wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:I need to dust off Virtua Tennis. It has been quite a while. Best tennis game ever. Thats universally agreed on, right?

Just like super spike v'ball is the best volleyball game ever.
Oh man, Super Spike V'Ball...I still remember the background music in that game like I heard it yesterday.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I had some systems at the same time as noted

colecovision
nintendo/gameboy
turbo grafix 16/super nintendo
N64
Game Cube
XBox
360/PS3

XB1 is next. Might get a PS4 as well.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

NES
Genesis
Dreamcast
Xbox
Xbox 360
Xbox one

NES through Xbox belonged to my older brother... you can only imagine how often I was allowed to play those (he's 7 years older than me).
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

oh yeah forgot about gamecube...and wii
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

I always wanted to try Turbo Grafix 16.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

BRING OUT SHENMUE 3 PLEASE
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

FreeCandy44 wrote:I always wanted to try Turbo Grafix 16.
Don't know what they go for these days, but when it came out I could never understand what could possibly justify the ridiculous prices for games and hardware for that system. Just didn't seem like anything special.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Was a sucker and bought Hardline. More fun than the Beta - feels way more like CounterStrike than Battlefield. I honestly don't think that's a bad thing either.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

How's single player?
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

tifosi77 wrote:Why People Think Hideo Kojima Is No Longer At Konami
Spoiler:
I can neither confirm nor deny the speculation here..... but I will say that development on MGSV:TPP has been an utter debacle. They just can't get the thing to work. They submitted a goldmaster candidate a month before I left that was so bug riddled they got a formal reprimand from Sony. Apparently KJP thought they could save money by having Sony's people more or less QA the game; Sony told them to eff off and to never try something like that again or they'd terminate the Publisher License Agreement. That's not an idle threat; it would mean that Konami - not just Kojima - would no longer be permitted to publish PlayStation games.

As regards the Kojima LA studio..... that's actually where we had our last company Christmas party before I left. It's a fantastic facility, truly world class. It occupies the old Howard Hughes campus in Playa del Rey, right next to YouTube, so all of the interior decor is aviation themed; apparently, the studio boss' office used to be Howard Hughes' bedroom and is furnished with super sleek 'Aviator' furniture from Restoration Hardware. It cost severalty millions of dollars to outfit, including well over half a million for the 20-seat screening room. (I did all the contractor agreements) But having the Christmas party there was a solid kick in the jewels for us at KDE-US. We were undergoing a massive change in our physical office space, getting rid of cubicles and going to the 'open' aesthetic using cheap IKEA tables, there was open hostility towards management. Morale at the company was at an all-time low......... and we had our party at this brand new multi-million dollar studio that WE paid for (intra-company finance shenanigans, FTW!), the result of which meant we could not have holiday bonuses or COLA raises. Seriously, the frickin' monitor stands at KJP-LA probably cost more than five of those IKEA tables, and each workstation had at least three of them. The etched glass doors at the entrance cost close to $10k a piece, and there were two sets of them. The kitchen had quartz countertops, tableware from Crate & Barrel, and a $3,000 espresso machine.

Tom, the studio head, and Tomoko (his coordinator) are both quality people, and I miss working with them. But trust me when I say that Konami as a video game publisher is not long for this world. I see them going the way of Atari within the next two years.
Updated word is that HQ was not anticipating the public response to their moves and were unprepared for the kind of backlash that's coming their way. Color me not surprised.
GSdrums87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by GSdrums87 »

NES
Genesis
Game Gear
N64
Game Boy Color
Game Boy Advance SP
Dreamcast
PS1
Xbox
PS2
Xbox 360
Xbox One

And now I barely play anymore.
Avyran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Avyran »

tifosi77 wrote:
tifosi77 wrote:Why People Think Hideo Kojima Is No Longer At Konami
Spoiler:
I can neither confirm nor deny the speculation here..... but I will say that development on MGSV:TPP has been an utter debacle. They just can't get the thing to work. They submitted a goldmaster candidate a month before I left that was so bug riddled they got a formal reprimand from Sony. Apparently KJP thought they could save money by having Sony's people more or less QA the game; Sony told them to eff off and to never try something like that again or they'd terminate the Publisher License Agreement. That's not an idle threat; it would mean that Konami - not just Kojima - would no longer be permitted to publish PlayStation games.

As regards the Kojima LA studio..... that's actually where we had our last company Christmas party before I left. It's a fantastic facility, truly world class. It occupies the old Howard Hughes campus in Playa del Rey, right next to YouTube, so all of the interior decor is aviation themed; apparently, the studio boss' office used to be Howard Hughes' bedroom and is furnished with super sleek 'Aviator' furniture from Restoration Hardware. It cost severalty millions of dollars to outfit, including well over half a million for the 20-seat screening room. (I did all the contractor agreements) But having the Christmas party there was a solid kick in the jewels for us at KDE-US. We were undergoing a massive change in our physical office space, getting rid of cubicles and going to the 'open' aesthetic using cheap IKEA tables, there was open hostility towards management. Morale at the company was at an all-time low......... and we had our party at this brand new multi-million dollar studio that WE paid for (intra-company finance shenanigans, FTW!), the result of which meant we could not have holiday bonuses or COLA raises. Seriously, the frickin' monitor stands at KJP-LA probably cost more than five of those IKEA tables, and each workstation had at least three of them. The etched glass doors at the entrance cost close to $10k a piece, and there were two sets of them. The kitchen had quartz countertops, tableware from Crate & Barrel, and a $3,000 espresso machine.

Tom, the studio head, and Tomoko (his coordinator) are both quality people, and I miss working with them. But trust me when I say that Konami as a video game publisher is not long for this world. I see them going the way of Atari within the next two years.
Updated word is that HQ was not anticipating the public response to their moves and were unprepared for the kind of backlash that's coming their way. Color me not surprised.
I feel like a good portion of the Japanese companies in general don't anticipate the reaction to their moves. I'm thinking of Nintendo's stupid Youtube policy & such.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

NES
Super NES
Sega
N64
Playstation
PS2
Xbox 360
Xbox One

Also had a gameboy, game gear, virtual boy.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

Sega Genesis
Playstation
Playstation 2
Xbox 360

I feel under qualified.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Are people posting these in order they got them? If so, there are a lot of people that went from NES to Sega which I don't understand.

NES >>>>>>>>>>>>> Sega
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Sega came out after NES didn't it?