Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Current video game being played

Post by Dickie Dunn »

Its not a game I would buy or play (because I've always sucked at Sim City), but Cities:Skyline looks amazing. I'm enjoying looking at screencaps and videos of what other people have done.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

paradox Interactive can do no wrong, so I will be picking it up
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Now what is this Sid Meier's Starships?

http://www.theverge.com/2015/3/12/81914 ... ips-review" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Too many games, so little time. :lol:
silentom
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by silentom »

Still eagerly waiting for TES Online to be released on PS4.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

Don't have it, but everything I'm seeing on Starships indicate it is Civ BE - lite, intended for IOS/Android, and ported to PC. Doesn't look real encouraging.

Paradox, on the other hand, does, indeed, rock. I have a buddy that used to be in games journalism that has a job opportunity with them. I hope he gets it, because he's a good writer, and has been a proponent of Paradox games for years just because he enjoys them. Would love to see him involved in creating games for them.
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

Anyone looking to do heists on GTA V for PS4? There's 3 of us who are looking for a 4th. PSN is Loaf31
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

I would, but my west coast hours and work schedule ruin any chance of being available.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnY21Fg5G1Y[/youtube]

this looks cool
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Hardline comes out tomorrow. For the first time ever a BF game won't be a first day purchase.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Malkamaniac wrote:Hardline comes out tomorrow. For the first time ever a BF game won't be a first day purchase.
Yeah, same here.

I was checking my Battlelog over the weekend, and only 1 out of my 70 something friends on there pre-ordered it. All of those 70 are BF players, so that's a pretty telling statistic.

I don't like the pre-order thing anyway, especially for PC gamers. It's not like EA is going to run out of digital copies of a game.... :lol:
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pni6UvXf-eo&[/youtube]

That could be interesting.

Lego Batman 3 is such a grind. It's well done, but after while it gets so repetitive. I don't remember that from previous Lego titles, but maybe it's because this one is so big.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:Hardline comes out tomorrow. For the first time ever a BF game won't be a first day purchase.
Yeah, same here.

I was checking my Battlelog over the weekend, and only 1 out of my 70 something friends on there pre-ordered it. All of those 70 are BF players, so that's a pretty telling statistic.

I don't like the pre-order thing anyway, especially for PC gamers. It's not like EA is going to run out of digital copies of a game.... :lol:
Right, I'm just not buying it yet because it's a DLC game at best - it shouldn't even have the BF name in front of it. The truly depressing thing is that next year is Star Wars Battlefront (awesome), so it's going to be another 3 years before another real Battlefield game comes out, if they even decide to go back to large scale battles.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Battlefield has two studios (DICE Los Angeles, DICE Stockholm) plus Visceral (studio that made Hardline), so like COD, will be moving to an annual release cycle.

Battlefront should be out in time for Star Wars VII (this December) and BF5 is slated for October 2016.

I don't like the annual cycle for these games, nor do I like DLC packs that divide the playerbase. But no one asked me. :lol:

I'm excited about Battlefront. Will probably be my first multi-platform purchase (PC and PS4). :lol:
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

When I played the Hardline Beta all I can think of while playing it is, "Yeah it's fun, but I bet it would be better playing BF4."
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

EA Sports presents "Rory McIlroy PGA Tour".
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

So I decided to retrieve an asteroid in KSP. I designed a large unmanned tugboat probe with four detachable probes that each carried four parachutes. I intercept a smallish asteroid, grapple the parachute probes to one side and grapple the tug to the other. I then brake the whole assembly into orbit, lower the orbit, and plot a landing trajectory to bring it down near the space center. All works as planned and the asteroid comes down fairly gently on the chutes. Success! About five seconds after landing, the whole assembly clips though the ground and disappears from view, and for the next couple minutes all I hear is explosions. Oopsie.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I've never had any interest in any of the tomb raider games, but that newer one was free to download a month or so ago, so I did. Just started playing it and its pretty amazing so far. It does not seem like people were overhyping it. I had to make myself stop playing it just now because I try not to play video games for 4 hours straight anymore as a rule.
neophool
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by neophool »

Idoit40fans wrote:EA Sports presents "Rory McIlroy PGA Tour".
bet it would be cheaper to join a posh Country Club then to be able to afford all the stupid DLC that game will have.
neophool
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by neophool »

Idoit40fans wrote:I've never had any interest in any of the tomb raider games, but that newer one was free to download a month or so ago, so I did. Just started playing it and its pretty amazing so far. It does not seem like people were overhyping it. I had to make myself stop playing it just now because I try not to play video games for 4 hours straight anymore as a rule.
Great game. It got lost in the shadows of 2013s big hitters, Bioshock Infinite, GTA V, The Last of Us. Tomb Raider was such a great game. I'm extremely hyped for the next one.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Looks like Nintendo is going to start making mobile games now. I'm pretty sure it said that they would be all new games based on their characters and not ports of old games (which I guess you can do with an emulator even though I have no idea where to find the roms)
silentom
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by silentom »

eddysnake wrote:Looks like Nintendo is going to start making mobile games now. I'm pretty sure it said that they would be all new games based on their characters and not ports of old games (which I guess you can do with an emulator even though I have no idea where to find the roms)
http://coolrom.com/
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

^^^^
doesn't appear to work anymore
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

neophool wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:EA Sports presents "Rory McIlroy PGA Tour".
bet it would be cheaper to join a posh Country Club then to be able to afford all the stupid DLC that game will have.
The constant string of DLC to get what the previous games used to have included is what really turned me off from the PGA games. The new game looks beautiful, but I really question the benefit of attaching McIlroy's name to it. Put him on the cover. Use him in marketing material. But using him as the replacement for Tiger Woods? McIlroy's name isn't going to sell the game to people who weren't already going to purchase it. I would have just left the title as "PGA Tour".
GSdrums87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by GSdrums87 »

Gonna get me that Dragon Ball Xenoverse because DBZ is bomb-diggity.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

NES Remix 1 and 2 for Wii u is incredible