Blackhawks aren't that good

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Blackhawks aren't that good

Post by DudeMan2766 »

marek wrote:For starters, Chicago is my west conf favorite team and my original post/thread was made on April 19th after watching them squeak by a depleted Nashville team in OT. I never said they sucked. I said they weren't that good.

HAving Ray Emery in net is pretty much all that needs to be said to justify that comment.

At that point they were being touted as "unbeatable" and a lock to win the cup. Being on the west coast and having to watch a lot more western conf games than most posters on here, it was more or less a statement that they were far from that.

Interestingly after my post they went on to lose 3 of the next 5, with the two wins coming against an already mailed in Calgary and Edmonton teams.

They didn't face Anaheim in the playoffs (btw they swept the Hawks during the season).
They didn't face Vancouver (their fiercest rival - 2 losses against them and one shootout OT win).

They faced Minnesota instead of Columbus (who would have given them a better series - as 4 of 5 games this season vs the jackets were one goal games, SO or OT)... and Bobrovsky was playing out of his mind.
They were lucky to squeak by Detroit in a game 7 OT thanks to typical NHL officiating... yes you can blame that series on the officials.
and they faced a highly over-rated "reigning" champion LA Queens - who followed up the short summer off in typical "Flyer" fashion.
They were they 17 seconds away from going to (and probably losing) a game 7 against a bunch of Boston pilons...

They're record will be inflated next year too. Not because they are unbeatable, but because they'll have the luxury of being in the weakest division in hockey, but you never know as they will have to face eastern conference teams. So i'm curious to see how that goes.

Congrats Chicago. Crow tastes really good.
But you enjoyed plenty of fortuitous bounce, more than most championship teams get.

marek wrote:I still stand by the original comment.
Go ahead and criticize...cause yeah they're such the new dynasty.. LOL
Better than the Isles, Oilers, Pens of dynasties past... LOL... yep WAAAAAAYYYY better.

Glove hand Crawford. LOL.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Yeah, I just don't see any rationale for saying the Hawks aren't good. None.
Oh, good. I didn't say anything stupid. At least in this thread. :lol:
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I don't use this often, but LOL. Give me a break. After your "GLOVE HAND CRAWFORD LOL" post, claiming that the Hawks are your "favorite team" in the Western Conference is **** lulz.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

shafnutz05 wrote:I don't use this often, but LOL. Give me a break. After your "GLOVE HAND CRAWFORD LOL" post, claiming that the Hawks are your "favorite team" in the Western Conference is **** lulz.
It's weird, the backtracking/glossing over post that explains everything actually makes this look even worse...
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

I like the LA Queens joke. How are they like the Flyers again? Is it because they have Mike Richards and Jeff Carter...the seemed to be the biggest issue that Philly ever had....oh wait, they have a ring the rest of the Flyers don't. So, that comparison makes 0 sense.
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Steve »

marek wrote:For starters, Chicago is my west conf favorite team and my original post/thread was made on April 19th after drinking beers and doing shots all day, and after some dude in a Patrick Kane Jersey, or maybe it was actually Patrick Kane, was hitting on my girlfriend.....
Fixed - I would have gone with this approach instead. 8-)
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

HAving Ray Emery in net is pretty much all that needs to be said to justify that comment
ray emery was like 17-1 this season.
rosey6629
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by rosey6629 »

The Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup. That should end this thread.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

rosey6629 wrote:The Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup. That should end this thread.
No way.

I'm keeping this baby alive until the next 'Cup champion is crowned. :)

Lesky has "Jagr to Philly"

This one is mine. :)
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

EPP is my hero.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

FreeCandy44 wrote:EPP is my hero.
:fist:
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

[youtube][/youtube]

:pop:
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

I wish the Penguins were their amount of not that good
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

marek wrote:Easy division. Shortened season. Weak conference.
Can barely beat Nashville on home ice.

Prediction: loses first round

Commentary anyone?
Uses easy division and weak conference to save it up for the playoffs. Dominates.
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by André »

DudeMan2766 wrote:
marek wrote:For starters, Chicago is my west conf favorite team and my original post/thread was made on April 19th after watching them squeak by a depleted Nashville team in OT. I never said they sucked. I said they weren't that good.

HAving Ray Emery in net is pretty much all that needs to be said to justify that comment.

At that point they were being touted as "unbeatable" and a lock to win the cup. Being on the west coast and having to watch a lot more western conf games than most posters on here, it was more or less a statement that they were far from that.

Interestingly after my post they went on to lose 3 of the next 5, with the two wins coming against an already mailed in Calgary and Edmonton teams.

They didn't face Anaheim in the playoffs (btw they swept the Hawks during the season).
They didn't face Vancouver (their fiercest rival - 2 losses against them and one shootout OT win).

They faced Minnesota instead of Columbus (who would have given them a better series - as 4 of 5 games this season vs the jackets were one goal games, SO or OT)... and Bobrovsky was playing out of his mind.
They were lucky to squeak by Detroit in a game 7 OT thanks to typical NHL officiating... yes you can blame that series on the officials.
and they faced a highly over-rated "reigning" champion LA Queens - who followed up the short summer off in typical "Flyer" fashion.
They were they 17 seconds away from going to (and probably losing) a game 7 against a bunch of Boston pilons...

They're record will be inflated next year too. Not because they are unbeatable, but because they'll have the luxury of being in the weakest division in hockey, but you never know as they will have to face eastern conference teams. So i'm curious to see how that goes.

Congrats Chicago. Crow tastes really good.
But you enjoyed plenty of fortuitous bounce, more than most championship teams get.

marek wrote:I still stand by the original comment.
Go ahead and criticize...cause yeah they're such the new dynasty.. LOL
Better than the Isles, Oilers, Pens of dynasties past... LOL... yep WAAAAAAYYYY better.

Glove hand Crawford. LOL.
Fantastic :D
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

rosey6629 wrote:The Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup. That should end this thread.
Yeah. But they coulda won it better.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

Spoiler:
they'll never win again. 8-)
GSdrums87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by GSdrums87 »

penny lane wrote:
Spoiler:
Cousin just sent me this. I don't know how you can make so much money and then still want to dress like a hand-me-down thug.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Does the kid just follow around all of the championship teams and acts as their number 1 fan?
GSdrums87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by GSdrums87 »

No, he's doing them a favor by gracing them with his presence.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by DontToewsMeBro »

GSdrums87 wrote:
penny lane wrote:
Spoiler:
Cousin just sent me this. I don't know how you can make so much money and then still want to dress like a hand-me-down thug.
Considering he was basically the male equivalent of Hannah Montana when he started his 'career', he has to overcompensate with his image to be taken 'seriously'. Unfortunately (for him) it looks as if he hasn't hit puberty yet and no amount of snapbacks can fix the fact that he looks like a 12 year old who just raided his 18 year old brothers closet.