The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
EagleMorph
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Post by EagleMorph »

Cagsjr724 wrote:
EagleMorph wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:I got to talk to Mark Madden last night for a quick second at the Jason Bonham Led Zep show in Greensburg. He was a very nice and gracious man. I dont see why everyone rips him. He gets raitings and knows his stuff.
You spoke to him as a fan.

Try working with him. Completely different perspective.
u worked with double M im new here so sorry if u have explained before but please do tell
Only if you promise to type in coherent sentences with proper spelling and grammar.

And even then, you'll be disappointed. I'm not about to out myself at the expense of telling a few Madden stories.
Cagsjr724
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Cagsjr724 »

EagleMorph wrote:
Cagsjr724 wrote:
EagleMorph wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:I got to talk to Mark Madden last night for a quick second at the Jason Bonham Led Zep show in Greensburg. He was a very nice and gracious man. I dont see why everyone rips him. He gets raitings and knows his stuff.

u worked with double M im new here so sorry if u have explained before but please do tell
Only if you promise to type in coherent sentences with proper spelling and grammar.

And even then, you'll be disappointed. I'm not about to out myself at the expense of telling a few Madden stories.
sorry had a few drinks tonight :face:
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Cagsjr724 wrote:
EagleMorph wrote:Only if you promise to type in coherent sentences with proper spelling and grammar.

sorry had a few drinks tonight :face:
were you out partying with Pasi and the rest of the Finnish team?

Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

Every time seibel says Lyle overpaid I want to crash my car
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:Every time seibel says Lyle overpaid I want to crash my car

lol...how did this guy get on the radio?
Psychlone
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Psychlone »

EagleMorph wrote:
Cagsjr724 wrote:
EagleMorph wrote:

Well then why bring it up at all then? I hate people that drop information and then refuse to elaborate when asked.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I know people that have and still do currently work with him. I'm afraid I'd like to hear these horror stories as well, because from all accounts he's a nice guy.
Psychlone
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Psychlone »

On another note, I heard the guys say that there is someone that works at the station who absolutely despises the Steelers but they wouldn't reveal his name. Is it Seibel?
Bob McKenzie
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: "I swear I will sign the contract, Mario." *fingers crossed*

Post by Bob McKenzie »

Cagsjr724 wrote:
EagleMorph wrote:

im new here

:pop:
EagleMorph
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by EagleMorph »

Psychlone wrote:Well then why bring it up at all then? I hate people that drop information and then refuse to elaborate when asked.
I never offered details or pranced around like the rumor-mongers saying, "Guess what I know!"

I merely countered FreeCandy's experience with a summation of my own.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Malkamaniac wrote:I know people that have and still do currently work with him. I'm afraid I'd like to hear these horror stories as well, because from all accounts he's a nice guy.
I think I shared this on here before, but my buddies and I ran into him at a bar/restaurant in Murrysville about 7-8 years ago. He was up there by himself, just chilling, but he started talking to us. He talked to us for a good 2-3 hours and was pretty nice.

But that was my only experience with him, so maybe he is different and we just caught him on a good day, or maybe he just treats co-workers differently.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Psychlone wrote:On another note, I heard the guys say that there is someone that works at the station who absolutely despises the Steelers but they wouldn't reveal his name. Is it Seibel?
That would be my guess. Pretty sure he's a cincy guy.
Ned Braden
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Ned Braden »

the wicked child wrote:
Psychlone wrote:On another note, I heard the guys say that there is someone that works at the station who absolutely despises the Steelers but they wouldn't reveal his name. Is it Seibel?
That would be my guess. Pretty sure he's a cincy guy.
I asked someone who works there - because I thought the same thing - and (sadly) it's not Seibel, although he is from Ohio.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

I wonder if filliponi ever gets tired of grinding axes
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Wow...the manly guys on the morning show were ripping morton for his "wussy" music. Gianotti and Alexander need to be seperated.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

this of course, coming from a fan morning show that regularly uses nickleback as bumper music.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:this of course, coming from a fan morning show that regularly uses nickleback as bumper music.

I just feel like there are a couple of things you never insult a friend about to his face. You never make fun of your friend's tattoo to and you never directly make fun of any sort of artistic medium they create. If its a friend you provide constructive criticism or just indicate that it's not your taste. You never make fun of it. They were just making fun of the best player on the Pirates.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

yeah, its one thing to bash the guy for his crappiness last year....and as we all know, we all spent plenty of energy ripping charlie morton. now hes having some success, and instead of treating the guy with a little respect, they go and rip the guy for his music. if kenny the kangaroo was charlie morton, charlie morton would be telling the FAN and a lot of other media members to go pound sand next time they wanted an interview.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

They have to know that a lot of people dislike Alexander and Filliponi. I don't get it. Remove them already.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:yeah, its one thing to bash the guy for his crappiness last year....and as we all know, we all spent plenty of energy ripping charlie morton. now hes having some success, and instead of treating the guy with a little respect, they go and rip the guy for his music. if kenny the kangaroo was charlie morton, charlie morton would be telling the FAN and a lot of other media members to go pound sand next time they wanted an interview.

To be honest, if I were a Pirate and friends with Morton, I would shun the station completely. I get that we're all inclined to have our own taste in music and that's completely fine. The guy is a MLB pitcher who plays music as a hobby, why would you insult him by playing his music on the air and ripping it apart?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Troy Loney wrote:
KennyTheKangaroo wrote:yeah, its one thing to bash the guy for his crappiness last year....and as we all know, we all spent plenty of energy ripping charlie morton. now hes having some success, and instead of treating the guy with a little respect, they go and rip the guy for his music. if kenny the kangaroo was charlie morton, charlie morton would be telling the FAN and a lot of other media members to go pound sand next time they wanted an interview.

To be honest, if I were a Pirate and friends with Morton, I would shun the station completely. I get that we're all inclined to have our own taste in music and that's completely fine. The guy is a MLB pitcher who plays music as a hobby, why would you insult him by playing his music on the air and ripping it apart?
It's the Fan first of all, and nothing that they say really has had any value since the start of the station. It's second rate, and most certainly bush league.
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

IronDukes37 wrote:None of the shows sound like they are having fun, they all sound like 2-3 guys siting at work watching the clock.

Ratings, KDKA-FM, April 2011: 2.4
Last 4 months: 4.4, 2.8, 2.4, 2.4

Interesting note, WXDX-FM & KDKA-AM: 5.9
Their shows are stagnant and annoying, and while letting the fan's opinions and comments drive the show, they need to do a better job of screening calls.

Remove the "OMG YINZER TRADE BEN TALK" and screen calls for people with actual opinions and talking points to create a better discussion.
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.