The Walking Dead

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by newarenanow »

Gaucho wrote:There are two characters in the series that must not die: Daryl and Carol.
Spoiler:
In the comics Carol is already dead by now.
Spoiler:
Yeah. Didn't Carol commit suicide by bite.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Yup.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

I think it's Morgan in the woods. If it was Carol then she would just come out and there is no need for secrecy...same with Beth (although I think the preview means she is somewhere else entirely). That leaves Morgan or some new characters entirely.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

It's dark and Michone didn't have her sword when Daryl last saw her so he's just being careful. It would be boring if it was just Carol and/or Beth so there's at least someone else with them or just some other random person. Doubt it's Morgan either.

There's some debate on the time he saw the X by the Terminus sign. Show notes say months may have passed between the escape and Morgan making his way there. it would be too soon for morgan to find Daryl.

It's someone from that facility they kept Beth at least if not several of them along with Carol and Daryl.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

DelPen wrote:It's dark and Michone didn't have her sword when Daryl last saw her so he's just being careful. It would be boring if it was just Carol and/or Beth so there's at least someone else with them or just some other random person. Doubt it's Morgan either.

There's some debate on the time he saw the X by the Terminus sign. Show notes say months may have passed between the escape and Morgan making his way there. it would be too soon for morgan to find Daryl.

It's someone from that facility they kept Beth at least if not several of them along with Carol and Daryl.
Daryl doesn't know Morgan, doesn't trust anyone. No way he brings a stranger back to the group. I don't think he was coming back without Beth. I think next ep. will be explaining what happened to her.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Finally got to watch the last episode. This has been a pretty great season so far. Hopefully they don't screw it up. I'm pretty shocked at how fast things are moving along... After the season and a half in the prison it is hard to believe.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

the wicked child wrote:Finally got to watch the last episode. This has been a pretty great season so far. Hopefully they don't screw it up. I'm pretty shocked at how fast things are moving along... After the season and a half in the prison it is hard to believe.
I'm pretty sure they've got a new showrunner again this season. They fired the first two, another one quit... so I guess this is the 4th or 5th they've had?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

tfrizz wrote:
the wicked child wrote:Finally got to watch the last episode. This has been a pretty great season so far. Hopefully they don't screw it up. I'm pretty shocked at how fast things are moving along... After the season and a half in the prison it is hard to believe.
I'm pretty sure they've got a new showrunner again this season. They fired the first two, another one quit... so I guess this is the 4th or 5th they've had?
The current show runner finished off the second half of last season. I believe.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

They are moving quickly...it cannot be that sustainable. You can only kill so many people in your group and have them move to so many locations! They either make up another Terminus (that doesn't exist in the comics) or they are going to surpass and move beyond the comics (which would be weird at this point considering how they borrow from the comics now).

I am guessing we will have more of those "side" episodes where a lot can happen but the group doesn't really move. I am guessing next episode will be all about Beth and her little side story...so an entire episode where anything can happen to keep the action up...but no progression is really made in the overall story line. We could see an entire episode on how Morgan got out on the road...an entire episode on Carol / Daryl, etc, etc. Maybe only get a little bit farther in the group's overall story. Plus, they are in two groups now - so 1 episode for Abraham's group...and a separate one for Rick's.

No complaints, though - I think they are going about things the right way so far. Should be fun to see what comes next. I guess we meet Negan (comic story line for those who don't know) at the end of this season or early next season. Then that story can take a season or so to resolve - then, for those of you who are up to date on the latest comics...I cannot wait to see where that is going which should set up future seasons nicely (#133 I believe it is on now).
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

JeffDFD wrote:then, for those of you who are up to date on the latest comics...I cannot wait to see where that is going which should set up future seasons nicely (#133 I believe it is on now).
Feel free to discuss that in a spoiler tag. :)
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

columbia wrote:
JeffDFD wrote:then, for those of you who are up to date on the latest comics...I cannot wait to see where that is going which should set up future seasons nicely (#133 I believe it is on now).
Feel free to discuss that in a spoiler tag. :)
Spoiler:
Zombies that were talking / using weapons. In the latest we found out more about it and it made sense and we will see where it goes...but a real WTF moment for a few issues until you knew what was going on.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Crappy throw away episode...
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Blech. Hoping that was a one episode deal. Awful. The Dawn character is probably worse than the governor.

Such a good run of episodes leading up to this, too.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

I thought it good in its own way, but you had to expect a solitary focus episode or two after the way the season had started.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

shmenguin wrote:Blech. Hoping that was a one episode deal. Awful. The Dawn character is probably worse than the governor.

Such a good run of episodes leading up to this, too.
I agree with all of this. That cop character is awful.

Given the previews, at least the whole next episode won't be dedicated to Darryl showing up and saving Beth and Carol, so I suppose that's something.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

I liked that episode. I thought the elevator shaft was entertaining.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

relantel wrote:I thought it good in its own way, but you had to expect a solitary focus episode or two after the way the season had started.
I don't mind the spin off episode. I minded the cartoon characters they cast in this one.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

I thought the episode was decent. I enjoyed it more than most of the "spin off" episodes in previous seasons. Sure, the new characters were one dimensional but pretty much every bit player on the show is.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Hockeynut! wrote:Sure, the new characters were one dimensional but pretty much every bit player on the show is.
not to this extent. everything was just so silly. the idea of having this working hospital, which has been up and running since the beginning...come on. and this one lady is in charge of everything? you can't get anyone in this dystopian world to take orders from anyone. and she somehow has authority? and they certainly take a large risk to go out and randomly collect new patients. the payoff being...laundry service?

it was all sloppily thrown together. not much thought was put into it. it would have been ok if it was a one episode arc, with daryl coming in and plowing everyone down. but this story doesn't deserve any more time. and we'll have to suffer through it again.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Shut up already
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

shmenguin wrote: and they certainly take a large risk to go out and randomly collect new patients. the payoff being...laundry service?
They touched on this. It's not just laundry service. The women are used for...entertainment for the officers which keeps them happy which keeps them working hard.

They also talked about how she kept them together through a tough time. Rick did it and everyone trusts/follows him. Why not someone else too?

Their scavenging world is probably a lot more ripe (and probably more dangerous) than Rick's group. It can stand to reason that they found a large cache of car batteries. They are growing vegetation on the roof. Collect rain water, etc.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

PensFanInDC wrote: They touched on this. It's not just laundry service. The women are used for...entertainment for the officers which keeps them happy which keeps them working hard.
working hard for what? they weren't interested in actually helping people. they just wanted to survive until they were rescued. i don't understand why they need a steady stream of potentially volatile recruits to do that, when they didn't provide anything of actual necessity.

and if the officers were the types who needed to rape the patients, i can't imagine what kind of respect they would have for Dawn's authority. maybe they could have extracted something more with a better actress playing Dawn. her performance read "Henchman". not "Mastermind". at least the governor kind of had charisma.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

It looked to me like they didn't have much respect for Dawn anyway.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by knives of ice »

i was really hoping she was dead.

well, i know the show couldn't keep up its amazing episode streak. horrible
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

PensFanInDC wrote:
shmenguin wrote: and they certainly take a large risk to go out and randomly collect new patients. the payoff being...laundry service?
They touched on this. It's not just laundry service. The women are used for...entertainment for the officers which keeps them happy which keeps them working hard.
MDZ to Atlanta (e5)