AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: History Mafia -- GAME THREAD

Post by Zarovich »

bhaw wrote:
Corvidae wrote:
bhaw wrote:Oh, i get it, so if I do this:

Maybe I'm actually mafia :scared: :scared: :scared:

I'm totally clear? Makes sense... glad I don't have to worry about people being suspicious of me anymore.

So, just like the question that's on me... why hasn't the mafia whacked you? If I'm not the cop like you say, that means you COULD be the cop, right? So wouldn't it have made sense for the mafia to whack you just in case? Yet you're still alive... hmmm....

Also... so let's say the cop doesn't come out b/c of your emoticons, you're still forcing them to waste a night to research you, which you obviously did foresee, since you mentioned it. I didn't take a second thought until you basically set today up perfectly by saying that you're sure redwill would turn up red, then the mafia won't kill me, and twc will end up blue. You seem to know what a lot of people are going to turn up. Being that I am the cop, the only other people who know what everyone is would be the mafia.
That's why I've been up his butt for the last few days.
Name: Corvidae
Sex: Male
Ew :shock:
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

Zarovich wrote:
bhaw wrote:
Corvidae wrote:Name: Corvidae
Sex: Male
Ew :shock:
I go where I'm needed. As long as I won't run into those monkeys from Horton Hears Who. I'm positively terrified of both of those things.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

^ quote fail
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Corvidae wrote: I go where I'm needed. As long as I won't run into those monkeys from Horton Hears Who. I'm positively terrified of both of those things.
This thing?

Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

bhaw wrote:
Zarovich wrote:
Senka wrote:So youre telling me they mulled everyone who could help?
I think we have a sherrif, nurse, vig and joat left
LOL... you even acknowledged early on that there is likely a 2nd person with role blocking abilities. Now there's not? :pop:
I posted that way before tfrizz was killed and revealed as the third mason. I was counting 2 masons, 1 doctor, 1 nurse, 1 cop, 1 deputy, 1 vig and 1 joat.

As the game has gone on with multpile assassin kills, I put that toward the vig, I would say we did not have a joat, but had a third mason instead.

npv and redwill had votes on them when NAN said he was red and we should just kill him. redwill was red, I think we should go for npv.

Also, I hope the vig leaves you alive bhaw and not waste a kill on you and let the mafia do it.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

bhaw wrote:
Corvidae wrote: I go where I'm needed. As long as I won't run into those monkeys from Horton Hears Who. I'm positively terrified of both of those things.
This thing?

No, the ones from the old cartoon. Creepy little things. Singing a song then taking that flower thingy way. :scared:
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Zarovich wrote: I posted that way before tfrizz was killed and revealed as the third mason. I was counting 2 masons, 1 doctor, 1 nurse, 1 cop, 1 deputy, 1 vig and 1 joat.

As the game has gone on with multpile assassin kills, I put that toward the vig, I would say we did not have a joat, but had a third mason instead.

npv and redwill had votes on them when NAN said he was red and we should just kill him. redwill was red, I think we should go for npv.

Also, I hope the vig leaves you alive bhaw and not waste a kill on you and let the mafia do it.
While it's not definite, it's a distinct possibility to the vig is with the mafia now.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

Holy crap, I found them! :shock:

Caution: Contains creepy old-style cartoon monkeys.
Spoiler:
LOOK AT THOSE THINGS! HORRIFYING! I'LL SEE YOU IN HELL, WICKERSHAM BROTHERS!!! :scared:
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Well, I get up late compared to all of you east coasters. Like I said... if you don't trust me, make your own decision and run with it. If it needs to be me so you can "clear things up," go right ahead. But when I die via vote or mafia, watch for the people who came out HARD against me. Also, watch for those that totally agreed with me on everything I said.

If I had to bet, I'd say 1-2 mafia are actively trying to get me out (zarovich, twc)
1-2 mafia is trusting me and voting with me or at least staying neutral to my vote (troy and cup keeper fit the bill)
the remainder are totally staying out of this to keep their names clean - definitely look at these people who, when things were going crazy, just sat back and did nothing. (IE, npv, relantel)

Obviously not all of them are bad, but I'd bet at least 1 from each grouping is bad.

Also remember: crayz is good.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Corvidae wrote:Holy crap, I found them! :shock:

Caution: Contains creepy old-style cartoon monkeys.
Spoiler:
LOOK AT THOSE THINGS! HORRIFYING! I'LL SEE YOU IN HELL, WICKERSHAM BROTHERS!!! :scared:
At least they aren't jellyfish?
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

The following are three consecutive posts from npv at the start of Day 2
npv708 wrote:lynch Jaysmiter

Who the heck picks Stalin for an American History game?
He comes out with a quick vote for jaysmiter with a nonsense reason in hopes to start a bandwagon.
npv708 wrote:unlynch jaysmiter (I actually agree with him on the NAN thing)
lynch NAN (partially because its NAN and partially because of the above)
He then notices that his bandwagon is going nowhere and there is one forming on nan so he hops on there.
npv708 wrote:I'm down with OPP, ya you know me.

I'm also down with switching my NAN vote...

unlynch NAN
lynch sdm
The nan bandwagon gets stalled when bhaw says we should vote out quiet people before an active player like nan. (I'm not accusing here, just stating the facts.) NPV quickly jumps off nan and onto sdm who we found out was a mason.

Here is how I think it went down. On night 2 when dagny was killed NAN investigated jaysmiter and found out he was the doctor. In hopes to start a bandwagon npv throws out a quick vote on jaysmiter. The NAN bandwagon takes off, so as to not look suspicious he jumps on there. That vote stalls so he jumps to the next bandwagon of sdm. My conclusion is that npv is part of the mafia and tried to lead the town on day 2 to vote out the doctor. He also has told us to vote him out if he was wrong on two separate occasions. I say we take him up on his offer.
unlynch no one?
lynch npv
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Holy crap... I just thought of this while I was making my wife some tea before we went to bed...

How many of us have said it's extremely unlikely cup keeper is bad AGAIN? A lot... and a lot of people who have said that have been proven to be good via their death. The mafia knows that. What if cup keeper was a GOOD role player this time and the mafia converted him knowing we've all basically let him slide due to his track record of being bad so many times?

I like cup keeper's reasoning for the npv vote, but there are plenty of people still in the game guilty of doing something similar. TWC did it. I did it. Plenty of others including people proven good did it. I don't think that reasoning alone is good enough to take out npv. And the fact that I'm suspicious of both cup keeper and zarovich does not make me want to vote with them.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

I can't believe that possibility never came to my mind until just now. Sorry if others already realized that. I was more amazed that it hadn't hit me yet.

unlynch twc
lynch cup keeper

I think my vote is on twc right now?
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

I said it before I'll say it again. I'm playing this game completely differently from every other time because I'm more comfortable and I feel like I don't have to pick and choose what I'm going to say because I'm just a villager and if I get voted out so be it. Everyone that thought it would be impossible for me to bad again is right, I'm not bad.

Just note that there are people out there playing the exact same game that I've played so many times when I'm bad. Laying low, staying out of trouble and pouncing on villagers to vote them out.

As an addition to my previous post about npv, he has been a lot less demonstrative since he was wrong about mwb. Just a calculated decision on his part or instructions from the mafia to lay back so he will lose some heat?
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

cup keeper wrote:I said it before I'll say it again. I'm playing this game completely differently from every other time because I'm more comfortable and I feel like I don't have to pick and choose what I'm going to say because I'm just a villager and if I get voted out so be it. Everyone that thought it would be impossible for me to bad again is right, I'm not bad.

Just note that there are people out there playing the exact same game that I've played so many times when I'm bad. Laying low, staying out of trouble and pouncing on villagers to vote them out.

As an addition to my previous post about npv, he has been a lot less demonstrative since he was wrong about mwb. Just a calculated decision on his part or instructions from the mafia to lay back so he will lose some heat?
well, that explanation doesn't work for me because I try to play the game different every time. Saying people recognize you are playing differently than when you are bad only proves you recognize that people saw your pattern. I went back through your posts and you defended nan and redwill as much as anyone. You specifically said nan defended himself well enough to prove he was good at the very beginning, which was odd because he didn't say anything, and it definitely didn't prove anything with what he said. You pushed off the redwill vote until the very end and repeated, almost ad nauseum (which I agreed with for a while), that the dead didn't know anything and there was no reason to vote with him.

I do agree, though, that there are definitely some quiet people who are likely mafia :)
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

for the record cup keeper... i never take stock in how people played in previous games as an excuse to clear or damn them. If you play the same way every time you are bad or good, you are not very smart :lol: If you don't adapt, you go extinct ;)
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

hey cup keeper...I have a question for you....why when listing my votes did you happen to miss out on the other NAN votes and the redwill votes (although I wasn't around for the kill vote, i voted for him at least twice prior to that).

- Wasn't I part of the group saying that we should try to go after redwill? Yes, that would make it seem that I wanted to lynch a mafia member...
- Weren't you part of the group saying that we shouldn't go after redwill? Yes, that would make it seem like you didn't want to lynch a mafia member...

Also, regarding the reason I stepped back a little was that I was basically told to stop acting like, I believe the direct quote was "woe is me" by the village. I offered myself up to the village, they decided it was better to go after someone else. btw, the only vote I ever led the village on is the MWB vote and I admitted I was wrong.
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

bhaw wrote: I went back through your posts and you defended nan and redwill as much as anyone. You specifically said nan defended himself well enough to prove he was good at the very beginning, which was odd because he didn't say anything, and it definitely didn't prove anything with what he said. You pushed off the redwill vote until the very end and repeated, almost ad nauseum (which I agreed with for a while), that the dead didn't know anything and there was no reason to vote with him.
I know I defended nan and :face: to me for that. Other people said that they didn't think too much into his night comment as well. Looking back it looks obvious but at the time, not so much. As for redwill i was never opposed to voting for him but I needed more convincing than just listening to the dead. You saw how far off base the dead were in the last game. Why should have blindly believed them this game?

I know debating this with you doesn't help my cause especially if you really are the good cop, but I'm blue and if I get voted out for throwing things out there, that's the way it goes.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

Also...cup keeper, are you honestly trying to pull something from my very first vote of the game, going after someone for who they picked, which is completely unrelated to their affiliation? Are you trying to tell me your vote from the first day was extremely well thought out?
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

npv708 wrote:Also...cup keeper, are you honestly trying to pull something from my very first vote of the game, going after someone for who they picked, which is completely unrelated to their affiliation? Are you trying to tell me your vote from the first day was extremely well thought out?
My first day vote was thg. Was it well thought out? Well I don't know. Everyone wanted him gone and he causes chaos so that's a good vote. As for day 2 yeah I voted for sdm, but what's the hurry to throw a vote on someone right after the write-up unless you are trying to start a bandwagon?
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

cup keeper wrote:
npv708 wrote:Also...cup keeper, are you honestly trying to pull something from my very first vote of the game, going after someone for who they picked, which is completely unrelated to their affiliation? Are you trying to tell me your vote from the first day was extremely well thought out?
My first day vote was thg. Was it well thought out? Well I don't know. Everyone wanted him gone and he causes chaos so that's a good vote. As for day 2 yeah I voted for sdm, but what's the hurry to throw a vote on someone right after the write-up unless you are trying to start a bandwagon?
Somebody has to put the first vote out there. Seems like your vote wasn't that much better, so how can you criticize my reasoning on it? And if I was such a bad voter, why did you vote for sdm, who I also voted for at some point? That would make it seem like you had some of the same suspicions/inclinations that I had.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

Also I still don't get how you (cup keeper) haven't drawn more suspicion for defending NAN and arguing that we shouldn't go after redwill. It seems pretty obvious that you have defended/protected 2 mafia members. The jig is up and I'm going to bed. I'll have a vote in the morn.
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

I'm going to bed and I'm off tomorrow so I'll be sleeping in. :thumb: Hopefully I'm not dead when I get up. Don't waste the day village, I'm blue. I'll leave a vote count for the mods so they don't have to look through this whole weekend of banter.

the wicked child-2-(twisted wrister, count2infinity)
npv-2-(zarovich, cup keeper)
bhaw-1-(the wicked child)
pfidc-1-(troy loney)
cup keeper-1-(bhaw)
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

thanks cup keeper.

updated count

Code: Select all

the wicked child-2-(twisted wrister, count2infinity)
npv-2-(zarovich, cup keeper)
bhaw-1-(the wicked child)
pfidc-1-(troy loney)
cup keeper-1-(bhaw)
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

need to check again mac... my vote is for pfidc & c2i unlynched me.