**Nintendo Mafia - Game Thread**

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: **Nintendo Mafia - Game Thread**

Post by dagny »

Ingrates. The guy basically modded the game himself and he's faced nothing but whining and opposition. He's passing kidney stones for goodness sake! :P
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

what were the remaining roles then?
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

Pavel Bure wrote:
newarenanow wrote:Great job village!

And after several amazing writeups, that ending sucked!!
:(

I was trying to make it fit with most Nintendo endings.
That was how I interpreted it. :thumb:
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

By the way, I was the jack of all trades. I had one investigation, one kill, one protect, and one roleblock.

I investigated Troy, and once I revealed him, I protected myself that night figuring the mafia would try to kill me. Which would then let me make up the story that I couldnt be killed at night by them (which wasnt true). I used the roleblock on juice once. I tried to kill beerman the same night Juice killed him, so that one was wasted.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

was there a full roleblocker?
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Troy Loney wrote:was there a full roleblocker?
No.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

If Pavel doesn't mind, I can post the roles and, at least, the actions for the first few rounds.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

dagny wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:was there a full roleblocker?
No.
For a while, I really thought MWB was a roleblocker; just based on things he was saying.
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

slappybrown wrote:By the way, I was the jack of all trades. I had one investigation, one kill, one protect, and one roleblock.

I investigated Troy, and once I revealed him, I protected myself that night figuring the mafia would try to kill me. Which would then let me make up the story that I couldnt be killed at night by them (which wasnt true). I used the roleblock on juice once. I tried to kill beerman the same night Juice killed him, so that one was wasted.

interesting. NPV must have protected you late in the game. I attempted to kill you the last time there was no action

also I wasnt fully protected all the time I could only protect the same person every other night and it worked out that you guys attempted to delete me one day and not the next and then try again the next day

I said this to Pavel already and I am not trying to bash the game cause i enjoyed it a lot, but I think at the end when he let it known that all the roles powers were done really killed me. even though I wasnt protected the last day anyways nobody knew that

thats all I had going for me is that the village assumed I was protected at all times, so the game was over when he anounced that IMO
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

sdm5055 wrote:
slappybrown wrote:By the way, I was the jack of all trades. I had one investigation, one kill, one protect, and one roleblock.

interesting. NPV must have protected you late in the game. I attempted to kill you the last time there was no action

also I wasnt fully protected all the time I could only protect the same person every other night and it worked out that you guys attempted to delete me one day and not the next and then try again the next day

I said this to Pavel already and I am not trying to bash the game cause i enjoyed it a lot, but I think at the end when he let it known that all the roles powers were done really killed me. even though I wasnt protected the last day anyways nobody knew that

thats all I had going for me is that the village assumed I was protected at all times, so the game was over when he anounced that IMO
I think you were going to get whacked no matter what, you couldnt offer any explanation for why you had repreatedly escaped deletion.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

sdm5055 wrote: I said this to Pavel already and I am not trying to bash the game cause i enjoyed it a lot, but I think at the end when he let it known that all the roles powers were done really killed me. even though I wasnt protected the last day anyways nobody knew that

I hear what you're saying, but don't think it would have mattered. Once it was down to npv, slappy, tw, me, and you it was four cleared players against one non-cleared player.
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

I agree I didnt give any explanation but I would have had a fighting chance to give one and people may have thought twice TW was thinking twice without it.

you guys didnt know i wasnt protected that night untill all roles were gone and the fact it was stated it was last night made it known i was alone

I could have tried to convince there was a recruit protecting me or something like that

Regardless I was probably dead anyways you guys are right but I would have had a fighting chance haha

I was impressed I lasted that long and it worked out i didnt get voted out days I didnt protect myself at the end
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

sdm5055 wrote:I agree I didnt give any explanation but I would have had a fighting chance to give one and people may have thought twice TW was thinking twice without it.

you guys didnt know i wasnt protected that night untill all roles were gone and the fact it was stated it was last night made it known i was alone

I could have tried to convince there was a recruit protecting me or something like that

Regardless I was probably dead anyways you guys are right but I would have had a fighting chance haha

I was impressed I lasted that long and it worked out i didnt get voted out days I didnt protect myself at the end
I agree with you. Who knows how it would have turned out, but when I saw the roles were stripped, I knew you were dead, because everyone knew you were mafia. The problem was, no one knew who was protecting you, so they could have all turned on each other trying to find the protector, even though one wasn't out there.

But then again, they could have just went after you again.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

I knew sdm was mafia I ws just getting ticked I couldn't finish him off haha
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Azkar »

that was a really interesting, fun game.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

I propose a slight break. and id like to head "Terrorist Hunt" sometime in the future :pop: I have to talk with admin to make it as friendly as possible without anything wrong. but still. i guess it doesnt really matter
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Nice role. I should have killed crayz the night I tried to kill you. Juice killed me that night. It was wishful thinking on my part that I could have killed you and not get killed the same night and get crayz the next night. Oh well.

You also messed us because I had protection the day you came out with Troy being mafia because I could not have been deleted by the town. You came out at the perfect time. Crayz would have died that night had you not said anything and all the people he cleared would have never been known.

Well played!
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

good game village! Again, surprised I lasted that long.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

sO why was i the target on night one instead of one of the role players?
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Senka wrote:sO why was i the target on night one instead of one of the role players?
After last game, no one trusts you, village or baddies :)
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

were gonna start a game the monday after txgiving.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

canaan wrote:were gonna start a game the monday after txgiving.
iminimin
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

slappybrown wrote:
Senka wrote:sO why was i the target on night one instead of one of the role players?
After last game, no one trusts you, village or baddies :)
And, why was I second?
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

I could be wrong, but it seemed to me at one point they were just trying to take out active players since there were so many non-participants and silent people.

I don't really get taking out all of the people who were "cleared" by Zarovich though... seemed to me at least one could have been targeted at daytime on the grounds that Zaro may have been lying.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

the wicked child wrote:I could be wrong, but it seemed to me at one point they were just trying to take out active players since there were so many non-participants and silent people.

I don't really get taking out all of the people who were "cleared" by Zarovich though... seemed to me at least one could have been targeted at daytime on the grounds that Zaro may have been lying.
yeah I didn't get it either, obviously I had the benefit of knowing he was telling the truth, about myself at least. But I didn't think it was necessary to come after the people he cleared, mainly because we knew he got a couple people right juice and there was one other I can't think of right now, and when you think about it he's trying to gain the village's trust so he isn't really going to lie about anything. Could we be sure of that? Not 100% but I didn't think it was worth going after wf, nan or myself because he "cleared" us either.