The Walking Dead

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by DelPen »

shmenguin wrote:didn't cross my mind that beth was with daryl there, but it makes sense. since next week shows beth waking up at that hospital, it has to be a flashback or take place days/weeks before. and she's not a big enough character to devote THAT much solo time to. so it'll be a mini-arc like the governor had, probably, and will end with daryl rescuing her. i'm just surprised they'd build yet another set that gets ditched after 1 episode. way to not be cheap bastards anymore, AMC.
They could have just changed filming location to Detroit?
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

The scriptures that were listed on the wall of the church:

Romans 6:4 - We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

Eze 37:7 - So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I was prophesying, there was a noise, a rattling sound, and the bones came together, bone to bone.

Matt 27:52 - and the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life.

Rev 9:6 - During those days people will seek death but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them.

Luke 24:5 - In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, "Why do you look for the living among the dead?
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

DelPen wrote:
viva la ben wrote:Concerning who might have taken Beth
Spoiler:
I wonder if the guys who took Beth are the savoirs from the comic book.
Too soon
Spoiler:
Robert Kirkman indicated that we MAY see Negan in S5. Agree its too soon. They have a lot to do before we get there...
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

PensFanInDC wrote:The scriptures that were listed on the wall of the church:

Romans 6:4 - We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

Eze 37:7 - So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I was prophesying, there was a noise, a rattling sound, and the bones came together, bone to bone.

Matt 27:52 - and the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life.

Rev 9:6 - During those days people will seek death but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them.

Luke 24:5 - In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, "Why do you look for the living among the dead?
That's pretty awesome. :lol:
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I thought so too. When I noticed the Scripture listings I immediately knew a couple of them and I assumed the rest would follow the same path, rising from the grave/death
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Need to check Abraham's map again to see if they drive by my house :)
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

DelPen wrote:Need to check Abraham's map again to see if they drive by my house :)
Living in Northern Virginia, I have been super pumped about seeing Alexandria as a location for the show. I know they probably won't be filming around here (filming in DC/VA isn't the easiest thing in the world), but still, it could make for some awesome scenes "close to home" for me.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

npv708 wrote:
DelPen wrote:Need to check Abraham's map again to see if they drive by my house :)
Living in Northern Virginia, I have been super pumped about seeing Alexandria as a location for the show. I know they probably won't be filming around here (filming in DC/VA isn't the easiest thing in the world), but still, it could make for some awesome scenes "close to home" for me.
Last film I remember shooting around here was Contact, and that was years ago. Area's too damn expensive, so most things set here are done with effects. Last one before that was some of the North & South miniseries was shot on Fort Belvoir, and that was the mid-1980s.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Winter Soldier looked like it had some location shooting in DC. could be CGI though.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

Unfortunately, very, very few studio films shoot anything in the DC metro area aside from maybe stock footage/establishing shots.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Hockeynut! wrote:Unfortunately, very, very few studio films shoot anything in the DC metro area aside from maybe stock footage/establishing shots.
I love watching TV and film set in DC. They have tons of tall buildings in the skyline. Die Hard: DC is a good example. Homeland is another. That 25 story hotel made me LOL.

Alexandria has tall buildings though. I still don't think they film here. If they do, and we still live here (highly unlikely), I'm going to try to be a zombie extra.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I suspect that they will film the entire series here in GA.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

columbia wrote:I suspect that they will film the entire series here in GA.
My dad always said if you are ever given 6 weeks to live that you should move to Georgia....because every day feels like a ******* eternity.

In his defense he did basic training in GA.....in the winter....in the 1950s.....so his memories were not so fond.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Pitt87 wrote:
DelPen wrote:
viva la ben wrote:Concerning who might have taken Beth
Spoiler:
I wonder if the guys who took Beth are the savoirs from the comic book.
Too soon
Spoiler:
Robert Kirkman indicated that we MAY see Negan in S5. Agree its too soon. They have a lot to do before we get there...
Spoiler:
I'm really curious as to how they would portray Negan on AMC. I'd imagine the majority of his dialogue would have to be made TV friendly, which just takes away from the character.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

PensFanInDC wrote:
columbia wrote:I suspect that they will film the entire series here in GA.
My dad always said if you are ever given 6 weeks to live that you should move to Georgia....because every day feels like a ******* eternity.

In his defense he did basic training in GA.....in the winter....in the 1950s.....so his memories were not so fond.
My wife lived near Ft. Benning growing up...not a good place to live. Columbia's part of Georgia is very nice.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Indeed. :)
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Savannah? I've heard nothing but good things.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I'd really love to see some walkers cruising around one of the squares.

Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

So eating humans makes you do stupid things, like walking into an obvious trap.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Mmmmmm....hamburgers:
Spoiler:
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Gaucho wrote:So eating humans makes you do stupid things, like walking into an obvious trap.
They were arrogant and thought they played Rick and sent them into a trap wiith the walkers at the school ready to burst out.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Just watched the episode. Great one.

It was awesome when the two hunters were standing outside the door and all of a sudden you just here the silenced pistol pop two and their heads blow up on the wall.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Any idea who is in the woods with Daryl? I personally think he and Carol were caught by whoever took Beth, and they wanted lead back to the church or they'd kill Carol. So they sent Daryl out first and then he was telling the others it was ok to come out. He didn't look happy.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

newarenanow wrote:Any idea who is in the woods with Daryl? I personally think he and Carol were caught by whoever took Beth, and they wanted lead back to the church or they'd kill Carol. So they sent Daryl out first and then he was telling the others it was ok to come out. He didn't look happy.
Beth is with him and Carol is dead?
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

There are two characters in the series that must not die: Daryl and Carol.
Spoiler:
In the comics Carol is already dead by now.