2023 Non-Penguins Related Thread

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: 2023 Non-Penguins Related Trade Deadline Thread

Post by ville5 »

Darren Dreger
@DarrenDreger
·
4h
Gavrikov was of interest to Edmonton as well. However, Gavrikov made it clear to all clubs he intends on going to the open market, which didn’t work for the Oilers.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

Frank Seravalli
@frank_seravalli
#LAKings have traded Jonathan Quick to #CBJ. He is part of a deal that will send back Joonas Korpisalo.

@DailyFaceoff
12:22 AM · Mar 1, 2023
·
Elliotte Friedman
@FriedgeHNIC
With LA/CLB working on a Korpisalo/Gavrikov deal, word is one of the pieces in return will be Jonathan Quick. Loved watching him during his fantastic run with the Kings, backbone of their two Stanley Cup championships. A first-round pick will also be involved.
12:21 AM · Mar 1, 2023
·
Views
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

And now the LA Kings are officially going to be out on Chychrun. Boston, Edmonton, Washington, and Toronto have all acquired other top defenders in Orlov, Ekholm, Sandin, and McCabe.

Unless there is some other unknown team, this is setting up for either the other teams were told to move on because Pittsburgh has him, or Arizona's stiff requirements have pushed everybody, including the Penguins, off the bargaining table.

Intriguing...

I'm seeing things kind of line up to where the Penguins end up with Boeser, Chychrun, and Bjugstad. It addresses needs but I think Miller is a better fit than what we might get out of Boeser and Bjugstad. Let's see what happens.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

FLPensFan wrote:And now the LA Kings are officially going to be out on Chychrun. Boston, Edmonton, Washington, and Toronto have all acquired other top defenders in Orlov, Ekholm, Sandin, and McCabe.

Unless there is some other unknown team, this is setting up for either the other teams were told to move on because Pittsburgh has him, or Arizona's stiff requirements have pushed everybody, including the Penguins, off the bargaining table.

Intriguing...

I'm seeing things kind of line up to where the Penguins end up with Boeser, Chychrun, and Bjugstad. It addresses needs but I think Miller is a better fit than what we might get out of Boeser and Bjugstad. Let's see what happens.
Friedman's thought might come to fruition. He wondered if Gavrikov could be part of a swap for Chychrun. Maybe it takes an indirect path.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

ville5 wrote:Frank Seravalli
@frank_seravalli
#LAKings have traded Jonathan Quick to #CBJ. He is part of a deal that will send back Joonas Korpisalo.

@DailyFaceoff
12:22 AM · Mar 1, 2023
·
Elliotte Friedman
@FriedgeHNIC
With LA/CLB working on a Korpisalo/Gavrikov deal, word is one of the pieces in return will be Jonathan Quick. Loved watching him during his fantastic run with the Kings, backbone of their two Stanley Cup championships. A first-round pick will also be involved.
12:21 AM · Mar 1, 2023
·
Views
Oof that’s tough to do to Quick. Franchises best goalie and they jettison him to Columbus with 20 games left in the season.

Kopitar and Doughty were upset after the game as Quick was saying bye to his teammates. Not official yet, and the trade definitely makes the Kings better on paper, just wonder what this does to the room.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

ville5 wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:And now the LA Kings are officially going to be out on Chychrun. Boston, Edmonton, Washington, and Toronto have all acquired other top defenders in Orlov, Ekholm, Sandin, and McCabe.

Intriguing...

Friedman's thought might come to fruition. He wondered if Gavrikov could be part of a swap for Chychrun. Maybe it takes an indirect path.
I don't see it. Why in the world would Arizona want to dump a 24 year old d-man with 2 years at an excellent cap, for a 27 year old UFA d-man who is not as good? Arizona wants picks and prospects. I don't see any desire to get Gavrikov...that would just be weird to me.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

FLPensFan wrote:
ville5 wrote:

Intriguing...

I don't see it. Why in the world would Arizona want to dump a 24 year old d-man with 2 years at an excellent cap, for a 27 year old UFA d-man who is not as good? Arizona wants picks and prospects. I don't see any desire to get Gavrikov...that would just be weird to me.
Hello.....ARIZONA. What do they do that's logical? They could think it would be a good trade to go from 24 to 27 so the 27 year old can get even better draft capital that they can then trade off in 5 years.
Dynasty1970
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Dynasty1970 »

https://www.spectorshockey.net/2023/03/ ... ch-1-2023/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nothing imminent discussed here.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Darren Dreger
@DarrenDreger
Flyers are taking calls on Ivan Provorov. Similar to other top 4 D with term, it would take a large offer to move him from Philly. 26 years old. $6.75 mil cap hit for this season plus two more.
pronovost19
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pronovost19 »

Hearing Lars Eller to the Lanche for a 2025 2nd rounder Caps retain 31% of salary
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

lisa dillman
@reallisa
·
3m
Klingberg and kulikov out for trade related reasons
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

pronovost19 wrote:Hearing Lars Eller to the Lanche for a 2025 2nd rounder Caps retain 31% of salary
Confirmed.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

Vancouver has a 2:15 press conference apparently.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Pitts wrote:
pronovost19 wrote:Hearing Lars Eller to the Lanche for a 2025 2nd rounder Caps retain 31% of salary
Confirmed.
Eller is an OK 3rd center. Not the answer Colorado is looking for as 2C. Wonder if they will get Hayes.
pronovost19
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pronovost19 »

KG wrote:
Pitts wrote:
Confirmed.
Eller is an OK 3rd center. Not the answer Colorado is looking for as 2C. Wonder if they will get Hayes.
Agreed. Remember the Carter as a 2C experiment? :lol:
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

ville5 wrote:Vancouver has a 2:15 press conference apparently.
15 minutes after waivers are announced :wink:
pronovost19
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pronovost19 »

McGinn and Friedman cleared waivers.
Dynasty1970
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Dynasty1970 »

KG wrote:
ville5 wrote:Vancouver has a 2:15 press conference apparently.
15 minutes after waivers are announced :wink:
Anyone have a link by chance?
pronovost19
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pronovost19 »

Canucks Twitter feed. Starts at 2:30.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

pronovost19 wrote:McGinn and Friedman cleared waivers.
This is why you don't give 4th line forwards 4 year contracts.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

KG wrote:
Depends on the cap hit, McGinn 4 years and $1 million per would be great.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

FLPensFan wrote:
ville5 wrote:

Intriguing...

I'm saying his original thought was Gavrikov plus. Now they have the 1st from Gavrikov. He says Pittsburgh and Columbus still in on Chychrun btw.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

DelPen wrote:
KG wrote:
Depends on the cap hit, McGinn 4 years and $1 million per would be great.
Touché
Three Stars
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Three Stars »

Dylan Larkin re-signed for 8 years, 8.7 million a year.

Is he an 8.7 mill player under the current financial circumstances?
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Three Stars wrote:Dylan Larkin re-signed for 8 years, 8.7 million a year.

Is he an 8.7 mill player under the current financial circumstances?
He's their captain. Guess they felt the need to keep him. I don't disagree it's an overpay, but there's intangibles that go with it.