Re: Simpson Warz Game Thread

Post by obhave »

oh nevermind, I see what you mean
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I don't get why that first vote would "clear" anyone. Canaan was like the third or fourth person to get a vote. Why does it matter that others also voted for him? And in process, avoided voting for shaf?

What qualifies someone as an early vote on shaf?

It seems like you're setting up arbitrary ways to "clear" people.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

Jumping on the shaf vote on day 1 when he was still neck and neck with PB
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

CBear3 wrote:Cross referencing votes:
Ulf started a vote on canaan day 1 for not voting for shad.
WK, obhave, and myself jumped on it while it was still close.

Rylan, myself, and redwill are early on the shaf vote on day 2.

So that leaves me the late voters on shaf after it was clear he was going down:
TL, canaan, MWB, WK (cleared above), nan

Personally I'd go with canaan for not following the random on day 1.
ulf starting a vote on a blue on day 1 for not voting for a guy that later becomes known to be a red and hes somehow cleared?
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

Arbitrary yes, that's why its just my opinion. :)

Canaan is the fourth vote on day 1.. Rylan's joke vote on obhave, Shaf as WK's random, canaan on PB (looks like an avoidance of a vote on shaf), and then ulf on canaan for not voting on shaf. When I wrote the summary the first time I listed the people that jumped on the shaf vote, not the canaan vote (sorry, that was confusing). So a vote for canaan (for not voting on shaf) and a vote for shaf makes somebody less suspicious.

Early votes on shaf were Rylan, myself, and redwill. Rylan and I by luck, redwill right after shaf came out as the vig. Then there's a lull to debate whether to believe Shaf or not. Everything after that is what I'd consider a late vote.

That's how I get to my list of people that haven't done anything to clear themselves yet.
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

redwill jumped on the vote right after shaf came out as vig? Even more reason to vote for him since he was probably in on the plan from the beginning knowing it would fail :pop:
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

obhave wrote:redwill jumped on the vote right after shaf came out as vig? Even more reason to vote for him since he was probably in on the plan from the beginning knowing it would fail :pop:
And he was the 3rd person on a vote! :scared:
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

newarenanow wrote:
obhave wrote:redwill jumped on the vote right after shaf came out as vig? Even more reason to vote for him since he was probably in on the plan from the beginning knowing it would fail :pop:
And he was the 3rd person on a vote! :scared:
So hes definitely red! Proved.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

canaan wrote:ulf starting a vote on a blue on day 1 for not voting for a guy that later becomes known to be a red and hes somehow cleared?
True, a bit of a stretch. And I was originally going to put ulf in my possible baddie list (mainly because if red #1 was going down in flames, wouldn't red #2 try to lay low, and ulf hasn't posted since day 1). When I went back and saw he disapproved of you not following a random who turned out to be red I slid him to my list of people I wouldn't suspect at the moment.

I suppose cleared sounds awfully definite, when really its a fluid description. Just people who I think are less likely due to their actions.

But you're telling me it doesn't look suspicious to ignore a random on a guy who turns out red. Don't know your playing style, but after the last games debacle trying to get a lynch I'd think we would have hopped right on the bandwagon.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Even more reason!!
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

redwill wrote:
Even more reason!!
Stop agreeing with me :lol:
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

CBear3 wrote:
canaan wrote:ulf starting a vote on a blue on day 1 for not voting for a guy that later becomes known to be a red and hes somehow cleared?
True, a bit of a stretch. And I was originally going to put ulf in my possible baddie list (mainly because if red #1 was going down in flames, wouldn't red #2 try to lay low, and ulf hasn't posted since day 1). When I went back and saw he disapproved of you not following a random who turned out to be red I slid him to my list of people I wouldn't suspect at the moment.

I suppose cleared sounds awfully definite, when really its a fluid description. Just people who I think are less likely due to their actions.

But you're telling me it doesn't look suspicious to ignore a random on a guy who turns out red. Don't know your playing style, but after the last games debacle trying to get a lynch I'd think we would have hopped right on the bandwagon.
I ignore random.org votes all the time when blue.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

That'd be awfully smart, for a plan that seemed so full of holes.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

obhave wrote:
redwill wrote:Even more reason!!
I'm not really agreeing with you. I'm sarcastically suggesting that you have no reason to start with, yet claim to have even more reason.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

CBear3 wrote:Arbitrary yes, that's why its just my opinion. :)

Canaan is the fourth vote on day 1.. Rylan's joke vote on obhave, Shaf as WK's random, canaan on PB (looks like an avoidance of a vote on shaf), and then ulf on canaan for not voting on shaf. When I wrote the summary the first time I listed the people that jumped on the shaf vote, not the canaan vote (sorry, that was confusing). So a vote for canaan (for not voting on shaf) and a vote for shaf makes somebody less suspicious.

Early votes on shaf were Rylan, myself, and redwill. Rylan and I by luck, redwill right after shaf came out as the vig. Then there's a lull to debate whether to believe Shaf or not. Everything after that is what I'd consider a late vote.

That's how I get to my list of people that haven't done anything to clear themselves yet.
Ok, so the people who voted for shaf after he came out as the big and ultimately decided he was bad based on what was presented are "late" and "suspicious."
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

Lynch nan
He's the only guy on my list with votes.

I think a red definitely jumped in later on the Shaf vote. redwill was way too sarcastic about shaf's plan for me to think he was it.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I think a red is definitely trying to steer this vote.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

MWB wrote:Ok, so the people who voted for shaf after he came out as the big and ultimately decided he was bad based on what was presented are "late" and "suspicious."
Pretty much. A red wouldn't have gotten in on that vote early, and numbers pretty much guarantee there's a red on that list. The explanations for the five late votes is either they're a red trying to pile on and hide, or they took their time to deliberate on the case against shaf. The case for the first three doesn't seem to me to indicate the possibility of being a red.
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

CBear3 wrote:Personally I'd go with canaan for not following the random on day 1.
This and his current vote for MWB have him at the top of my list as well.
obhave wrote:WK was cleared?
If you don't think I'm clear after pushing so hard on shaf day 1, including a last minute plea for you to switch back:
Willie Kool wrote: 4 - PB (shad, canaan, NAN, obhave)
3 - shad (WK, PB, CBear)
1 - canaan (ulf)
1- obhave (rylan)
1- nan (redwill)

You can still switch back and put shad out...
And then wanting to wait after his role claim, I don't know what to say.
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

redwill wrote:
obhave wrote:
redwill wrote:Even more reason!!
I'm not really agreeing with you. I'm sarcastically suggesting that you have no reason to start with, yet claim to have even more reason.
The more this day phase goes on the more i am convinced you are red. You get very sarcasric when red and people start figuring it out. I am have far more reasons to vote for you than this ill-advised lynching of nan.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Well, if I go down, this is Kent Brockman signing off.

Have fun village.
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

Willie Kool wrote:
CBear3 wrote:Personally I'd go with canaan for not following the random on day 1.
obhave wrote:WK was cleared?
If you don't think I'm clear after pushing so hard on shaf day 1, including a last minute plea for you to switch back:
Willie Kool wrote: 4 - PB (shad, canaan, NAN, obhave)
3 - shad (WK, PB, CBear)
1 - canaan (ulf)
1- obhave (rylan)
1- nan (redwill)

You can still switch back and put shad out...
And then wanting to wait after his role claim, I don't know what to say.
Oh i dont think you are bad, but when someone says a player is cleared i usually think the seer left behind a hint that i missed. That was what i was questioning.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

CBear3 wrote:
MWB wrote:Ok, so the people who voted for shaf after he came out as the big and ultimately decided he was bad based on what was presented are "late" and "suspicious."
Pretty much. A red wouldn't have gotten in on that vote early, and numbers pretty much guarantee there's a red on that list. The explanations for the five late votes is either they're a red trying to pile on and hide, or they took their time to deliberate on the case against shaf. The case for the first three doesn't seem to me to indicate the possibility of being a red.
I could easily see a red getting on a shaf vote early on day 2. He knew he was going down after what happened on day 1, so the other reds knew he was going down. Voting early for him makes it look better.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Day 3 Vote

3 – redwill (obhave, MWB, nan)
3 – nan (redwill, TL, CBear)
1 - MWB (canaan)

Limit is 6. Deadline is 8PM.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Willie Kool wrote:
im at the top of your list because i dont follow random.org and i provided reasons for voting for mwb? please tell me more.