Holiday Wars - After Party

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Holiday Wars - After Party

Post by Troy Loney »

Ok so I inspected you and if it fails, I would still know your something.

I'm able to see greens, and regular villagers, but the bosses(mafia) would fail? I would of done the same thing.
Because if i'm immune to inspection its supposed to come out green if you look at me...thats why....so are you going to come out the next day and call me out if you search me and i'm green?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Troy Loney wrote:

I'm able to see greens, and regular villagers, but the bosses(mafia) would fail? I would of done the same thing.
Because if i'm immune to inspection its supposed to come out green if you look at me...thats why....so are you going to come out the next day and call me out if you search me and i'm green?
I had no idea it would come out if your green. That's kinda unfair then for me, and would lead me to be your ally wouldn't it?
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Malkamaniac wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:

I had no idea it would come out if your green. That's kinda unfair then for me, and would lead me to be your ally wouldn't it?
That's the point haha.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Well hows that fair then? If your the seer then you basically should call out every person that shows green because you wouldn't know?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Malkamaniac wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:

Well...rules are rules...i didn't know what that inspection immunity meant exactly until slappy and pavel said a couple pages ago.

i originally thought that it meant the see would be just come back fail, so i didnt think it meant anything because you would still know that i had a role. But now knowing it came back godfather when it should have come back green...that was definitely a fail..and definitely changed the complexion of the game....so yeah, it wasn't the only reason i got killed, but i definitely would have lasted longer.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Malkamaniac wrote:Well hows that fair then? If your the seer then you basically should call out every person that shows green because you wouldn't know?
That's just the way it is. Nobody knows the Godfather except the mafia.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

Malkamaniac wrote:Well hows that fair then? If your the seer then you basically should call out every person that shows green because you wouldn't know?
The godfather comes back green. So if you investigate anyone that's mafia that isn't the Godfather, they'd come back red.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

because of the 1/30 chance that you picked the godfather? If your being reasonable and your inspection turns up green, you go on the 90 or so percent chance that the person is just a plain villager.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

It was a mod accident. He was supposed to come back as just a regular villager.

Either way, I don't think it had that big of an effect on the game as this argument is leading on.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Well either way, I get ya. I didn't even know that rule existed, I can see how it changed the game for sure.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Kicksave wrote:It was a mod accident. He was supposed to come back as just a regular villager.

Either way, I don't think it had that big of an effect on the game as this argument is leading on.
Well...like i said, there was a lot more to our loss than just malk calling me out...but to say it didn't affect the game in the slightest is just denial...
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

I followed it and knew about the roles... it was real sweet to watch and hear what was taking place. I clear missed signups, but it ended up being a good thing with Finals week... Well done Mods/Participation.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

Kicksave wrote:It was a mod accident. He was supposed to come back as just a regular villager.

IMO, it doesn't matter if it's the normal rules - every game we've played here, the mods have put their own spin on things. If you and Azkar chose to do it the way you did, those were the rules for this game. The 'official' rules are just a guideline to build off as far as I'm concerned.

I think you guys did a good job. :thumb:
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

my favorite part was when i died
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

I was in a rush and I figured it out about an hour too late. Oh well, as KS mentioned live by the :scared: die by the :scared: .
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:my favorite part was when i died
this was a direct train to lulz town to me

i may be losing my mind, but i laughed for a good 20 seconds
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

wallflower wrote:

IMO, it doesn't matter if it's the normal rules - every game we've played here, the mods have put their own spin on things. If you and Azkar chose to do it the way you did, those were the rules for this game. The 'official' rules are just a guideline to build off as far as I'm concerned.

I think you guys did a good job. :thumb:
agreed.. and agreed they did a great job

the only reason it was brought up though was because they said in the PMs for this game that the godfather wasn't researchable or whatever.

not a big deal in my mind

great job by the mods
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

MWB wrote:
dagny wrote:I don't have time to read up, yet, as I have to go to work, but may I say: TWC = TOWN MVP!

THE WICKED CHILD WAS WICKED GOOD.
TWC was pretty helpful to us also. He pushed for sdm to get voted and sdm came out and was quickly voted off. He then voted for IE, which we needed to finish off the grinch side. Unfortunately for him and the village he was getting the guys from just one family and by that time it was too late.
The town's objective was to knock off mafioso. That's what he did. Thus, TOWN mvp.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Juice wrote: In all honesty, I can't believe how often I am a role player.

...... and how often I am NOT. :evil:
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

dagny wrote:
MWB wrote:
dagny wrote:I don't have time to read up, yet, as I have to go to work, but may I say: TWC = TOWN MVP!

THE WICKED CHILD WAS WICKED GOOD.
TWC was pretty helpful to us also. He pushed for sdm to get voted and sdm came out and was quickly voted off. He then voted for IE, which we needed to finish off the grinch side. Unfortunately for him and the village he was getting the guys from just one family and by that time it was too late.
The town's objective was to knock off mafioso. That's what he did. Thus, TOWN mvp.
Not disputing that, just pointing out that he helped us also by pushing to get the opposing family members killed off.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

MWB wrote:TWC was pretty helpful to us also. He pushed for sdm to get voted and sdm came out and was quickly voted off. He then voted for IE, which we needed to finish off the grinch side. Unfortunately for him and the village he was getting the guys from just one family and by that time it was too late.
the thing is, I was very suspicious of both you and sdm already... that was the reason I hesitated to vote for JC even when I was fairly sure he was bad.

When crayz posted some fairly minor thing about sdm and he reacted I knew we had one... and then confirmed it by placing a vote his way and getting the desired reaction again.

For some reason, I knew immediately when you voted for sdm that you were bad as well... and I figured Kicksave would get major lolz out of pitting 2 mafia masons against each other. It wasn't that hard to figure out npv was on your side from there.

CK was the only one I didn't have pegged "for sure", but he was #1 on my list of the remaining players. Given his posting style, I was 100% sure he was either bad or the doctor. I didn't bring his name up for that reason.... but at some point I concluded that c2i had to be the doctor because if it was a vet, the doctor would have been taken out like the other RPs (that weren't axed by the village)...

Before we took down IE, I considered pushing a vote for you instead to prevent the situation we had the last day, but I wasn't sure if anyone would go along with me or not. I was also at work on my phone and that makes it difficult to make long insightful posts like would have been necessary.

I will admit that in the first half of the game, i sucked and just went along with the crowd mostly; but at some point things started to click for me. we had wasted too many days early on though I guess.

I give you guys props though because you did a good job of blending in while the other family left tells left and right. You were worthy adversaries indeed.

I had a blast in this game. :thumb:
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

dagny wrote:
Juice wrote: In all honesty, I can't believe how often I am a role player.

...... and how often I am NOT. :evil:
I would like to be a good RP at some point (preferably vig :pop: ). I've always been bad or just a regular villager.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

Also, if I didn't have a conscience, I could've helped the wicked child clean up in this game [though he did very well without my input :thumb: ]. I had cupkeeper & npv pegged for a while but didn't want to affect the outcome, so I kept it to myself when we were texting back and forth about the game.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Troy Loney wrote:
He was dead before you were voted for. The village went for dagny and I was the only one voting for you. Then it was the next round that people went for you.
Seriously...why are you arguing this?

Go back and look at the dagny vote and look at why people started to hesitate and vote for me...i came out a littel early because i was going to be off...but people started to see that malkamaniac was calling me out.
FWIW, I was convinced you were bad after LITT's role was revealed, and would've done everything I could to get you voted off, if I hadn't been killed before I woke up.

After LITT died, I was under the impression that his role WAS the seer, not some assistant. I looked at who he was gunning for and it was you. You were the most obvious vote after LITT, as far as I was concerned.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Sorry dags... we kinda went on a an angry mob revenge killing there... pitchforks and all. :D