TW - 2 (twc, NAN)

NAN - 2 (MikeNIke, TW)
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: *** FANTASY WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Post by dagny »

newarenanow wrote:
dagny wrote:It'd be really awesome if some players would put on their thinking caps and weigh in on the stuff I've been covering.

I mean, I even re-posted it all.

Namely, who killed canaan?

I have to admit, based on his behavior, I was ready to cast a vote for TW, but jays' mod note made me pause.
I don't know who killed canaan.

Who is left?

dags (you)
NAN (me)
wallflower
twc
TW
MikeNIke
Corvi
Zaro

Out of Zaro, Corvi and TW, according to all three, one is bad, and two are good. None of them killed canaan.

That leaves dags, NAN, wallflower and MikeNike.

Dags, you keep saying you didn't kill canaan.

I'm blue, but no one is knows that for sure but me.

So to me, if there is one other bad person, it's either wallflower, twc, MikeNike and you. Because, to be honest, I'm not 100% sure about you, but I'm just going to put a little faith into that and assume you are good.

Zaro cleared twc, but I don't know if he was lying. But if there was a baddie, I don't think he would because their goal was also to eliminate the baddies. So I think he is blue too.

So, that leaves wallflower, MikeNike, me and you.

If we start taking us four out, and there is really no bad guy in this group, or we widdle this group down before we solve the bad guy (which we are pretty sure there is one in that group) then we'll have absolutely no room for error when we look into that group.

I'm more comfortable right now to look in a small population where we absolutely know that there is a baddie, and that is in the group of TW, Corvi and Zaro.

Break this up into two groupings.

And I'd rather look at the one that we have some actual info on.

I just probably confused the hell out of everyone with my rambling.
Thank you for the input.

You would be remiss not to question me, because unless you are bad, or you are me, you DON'T know for sure that I'm good. Then again, you're a good enough player to KNOW that, and to make sure you don't act like you know me to be good. (Dontcha love this game? :lol: )

My affiliation is not the reason why you can leave me off the who killed canaan list. I killed LITT. That is why I want to make sure you guys don't get sucked in to thinking the only remaining red guy is among the cult members.

My concern with the non cultists is, was there more than one red guy left?

The numbers are precarious enough right now that I don't want to focus too much on one group over the other. I just keep bringing up the other because that reasoning seems to be being overlooked by quite a few.

I'm trying to get a lot of discussion before the vote's cast so that I have some guidance on what I should use my wish for tonight. The outcome of the lynchee will have bearing on that, but we won't be able to discuss it once we get that result, til the next day.
Twisted Wrister
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Twisted Wrister »

You can keep the heat on me all you want. I don't want to lose. Kill me off if you want if I'm wrong but you will be sorry when I'm blue.
MikeEnIke
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by MikeEnIke »

newarenanow wrote:Just by the way this is going, I'm sticking with TW.

He is pushing pretty hard to keep the heat off of him.
I would if it meant death of the village.

Honestly I think it comes down to NAN, TW, and WallFlower. 1 maybe 2 of you are red.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Let's give wally a chance to catch up.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

MikeEnIke wrote:
newarenanow wrote:Just by the way this is going, I'm sticking with TW.

He is pushing pretty hard to keep the heat off of him.
I would if it meant death of the village.

Honestly I think it comes down to NAN, TW, and WallFlower. 1 maybe 2 of you are red.
And you would too if you knew you were the last baddie in your faction. Moreso because you know how many people are good.

I have no idea how many bad people are left out there, but because we killed 3 already (w/o the cult), I'm taking my chances that there is only one left and then the one in the bad faction.

Could it be the wrong choice to believe that? Sure.

But I don't think there is more than once baddie from the "non cult" group.

In fact, I'm so confident, that if you want to kill me to see that I'm blue, I'm willing to sacrifice myself to show you guys that you are on the wrong track, and still feel that you will have another day.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

newarenanow wrote:If you want to look at one of the other 5 (dags, NAN, twc, wallflower, MikeNIke), then I suggest wallflower.

Go back to page 12 and 13 of this thread, and I said it earlier in the game.

When we were going after pfidc and I was throwing a fit about the double voter thing, pfidc had 6 votes. Hockeynut jumped in and voted for me, followed by shaft and then wallflower, pfidc, and then I think that is when Troy came out.

I said from the beginning that I think possibly another baddie voted for me once some votes started coming my way to get the heat off of pfidc.

But then again, I could be completely wrong because Hockeynut and shaft were both blue.
I did cite wally downplaying the idea of a double voter, in an earlier post, as something that caught my attention.
MikeEnIke
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by MikeEnIke »

dagny wrote:
newarenanow wrote:If you want to look at one of the other 5 (dags, NAN, twc, wallflower, MikeNIke), then I suggest wallflower.

Go back to page 12 and 13 of this thread, and I said it earlier in the game.

When we were going after pfidc and I was throwing a fit about the double voter thing, pfidc had 6 votes. Hockeynut jumped in and voted for me, followed by shaft and then wallflower, pfidc, and then I think that is when Troy came out.

I said from the beginning that I think possibly another baddie voted for me once some votes started coming my way to get the heat off of pfidc.

But then again, I could be completely wrong because Hockeynut and shaft were both blue.
I did cite wally downplaying the idea of a double voter, in an earlier post, as something that caught my attention.
Well maybe wally is a better pick, I'm not against that.

Just because NAN says "ZOMG I'll sacrafice myself to show the village I'm blue!" doesn't meant he is blue. That easily scares a lot of people off.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

dagny wrote:
wallflower wrote: I'm not suggesting we "rush" but there's not a lot to think about here. We know who we need to take out, it's more a matter of what order.
Really? not a lot to think about after that game changer?! So, we should just push forward? Get it going? Sounds like you wanted to rush even after denying it.

We know who to take out? We have some ideas, but some of you keep ignoring the fact that canaan was killed not by me, not by a cultist, but by someone else. Meaning, there is at least one baddie in the non cult list.

It seems there was quite a bit to think about, just not everyone wanted to take the time:
I have thought about those things plenty, just not "out loud" here. My concern is a scenario in which Zaro is not bad and we end up revealing the angel by talking too much.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

wallflower wrote:
dagny wrote:
wallflower wrote: I'm not suggesting we "rush" but there's not a lot to think about here. We know who we need to take out, it's more a matter of what order.
Really? not a lot to think about after that game changer?! So, we should just push forward? Get it going? Sounds like you wanted to rush even after denying it.

We know who to take out? We have some ideas, but some of you keep ignoring the fact that canaan was killed not by me, not by a cultist, but by someone else. Meaning, there is at least one baddie in the non cult list.

It seems there was quite a bit to think about, just not everyone wanted to take the time:
I have thought about those things plenty, just not "out loud" here. My concern is a scenario in which Zaro is not bad and we end up revealing the angel by talking too much.
We're at the end of the wire, we HAVE to talk. Major developments happened, we HAVE to talk. The angel has remained hidden, even with zaro knowing. We don't know if the angel is even good anymore. If they are, nobody needs them to stay hidden and alive more than me, depending on what I decide to wish for.

You've done a lot of thinking about it all, I know you're still catching up, but when you're done, I'd like to hear your suggestions.
MikeEnIke
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by MikeEnIke »

I'm off to math. I'll check in class if I can, but I can't really post in class. Vote stands.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

dags,

I highly suggest that you search, not kill, for you wish.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

dagny wrote:I did cite wally downplaying the idea of a double voter, in an earlier post, as something that caught my attention.
I'm confused. Downplaying what? I got into a rather large disagreement with NAN over it. And if either of us was downplaying it, it was him. I was against him encouraging what was possibly thought to be a RP at the time to come out. :?
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

dagny wrote:We're at the end of the wire, we HAVE to talk. Major developments happened, we HAVE to talk. The angel has remained hidden, even with zaro knowing. We don't know if the angel is even good anymore. If they are, nobody needs them to stay hidden and alive more than me, depending on what I decide to wish for.

You've done a lot of thinking about it all, I know you're still catching up, but when you're done, I'd like to hear your suggestions.
I'm kind of rushing along here because I need to leave very shortly (I'll probably be away an hour or so)...

When would the angel have gone "bad" though? They obviously weren't a cultist or they would've been on the list with the others. Or do you mean you think they were converted by the darkness?

I feel like we should go after the cultists because they are our strongest lead right now and depending on the outcome of their death (ie. finding out their alignment) we can look at everyone else based off that.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

newarenanow wrote:dags,

dagny wrote:Well, the logical course of action seems to be to lynch one of the three and me to kill another of the three. If we go this route, I will not say who I'm going to kill, in case they have protection/roleblocking ability.

I'm doubtful to survive the night if I don't protect myself, and I can't trust the angel to. So, remember, I did not kill canaan. There is someone else out there with killing ability, which they possessed BEFORE the cultists were released. That means red guy, JOAT(with an awesome shot), or vig/ISK type(with an awesome shot).

Most likely, red guy.

I will say, I do have more wishes than just 3, so perhaps the angel will see me as valuable enough to save, should they be a good guy. I said I only had 3 to keep the importance of my ability downplayed to the bad guys.

I have lost the choice to wish to "see into a soul". Perhaps that has something to do with Zaro getting his powers back.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

dagny wrote:
newarenanow wrote:dags,

dagny wrote:Well, the logical course of action seems to be to lynch one of the three and me to kill another of the three. If we go this route, I will not say who I'm going to kill, in case they have protection/roleblocking ability.

I'm doubtful to survive the night if I don't protect myself, and I can't trust the angel to. So, remember, I did not kill canaan. There is someone else out there with killing ability, which they possessed BEFORE the cultists were released. That means red guy, JOAT(with an awesome shot), or vig/ISK type(with an awesome shot).

Most likely, red guy.

I will say, I do have more wishes than just 3, so perhaps the angel will see me as valuable enough to save, should they be a good guy. I said I only had 3 to keep the importance of my ability downplayed to the bad guys.

I have lost the choice to wish to "see into a soul". Perhaps that has something to do with Zaro getting his powers back.
:lol: I need to read your posts more closely.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Well, we pretty much have two hours left.

wallflower is going to be gone and MikeNIke is in class. So we won't get much more input from them.

I'm leaving work in about an hour and probably won't be back on.

I don't know what the rest of your plans are (the people that didn't vote), so this is either going down as a tie, or there is going to be a rush vote with like 15 minutes left.

These are the situations where the village gets in trouble.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

Slay TW
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

If it's him or NAN to die, I choose him.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

I have a question for Zaro.

If you are good, based on what you know and how you've seen people post, who would you kill if you could make the decision?

Since you've been released from canaan, I'd think you'd be trying real hard to help the village and clear yourself, knowing that you should be an asset to the village.... if you were good.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

I am ready to cast a vote, but I wanted a little better gauge on Zaro before we can't talk anymore.

I'm thinking it would be best for the Angel to protect themself tonight, and for me to protect myself, instead of possibly taking out an innocent.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

dagny wrote:I am ready to cast a vote, but I wanted a little better gauge on Zaro before we can't talk anymore.

I'm thinking it would be best for the Angel to protect themself tonight, and for me to protect myself, instead of possibly taking out an innocent.
I'd also like to hear from Zaro. He has been very, very quiet.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

ugh, how am I supposed to clear myself?

I can't knock out some from the village since that leaves the angel open to discovery. There are so few left now that I'm concerned on giving away info.

I don't know if the angel should protect me or not. It comes down to trust. Does the angel trust I am good? I could find the remaining red or reds. That's assuming the angel is good, which I do.

Now, my choice to vote is between corvi and tw. I think tw is going to be my vote. It always seems like the reds can use me to vote someone out late and the village loses.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

slay TW
MikeEnIke
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by MikeEnIke »

Zarovich wrote:slay TW
But if you knew who the angel was the cult did too, so the reds also know who the angel is. The question is whether we think it's worth saving the angel or using the seer one more night to look someone up. At this point I think the only people in the game that don't know the angel is the village. At which point it's smart for the angel to just come out.. right?