TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by newarenanow »

shmenguin wrote:the office had 20 or so episodes this season to make michael a redeemable boss. kind of weak to just pretend like he was revered at the end there
I still need to watch it. I was working late. When I got home, I caught the very end when Michael was in teh airport.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

newarenanow wrote:
shmenguin wrote:the office had 20 or so episodes this season to make michael a redeemable boss. kind of weak to just pretend like he was revered at the end there
I still need to watch it. I was working late. When I got home, I caught the very end when Michael was in teh airport.
so i guess you saw that the TSA now allows anyone in the terminal
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

shmenguin wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
so i guess you saw that the TSA now allows anyone in the terminal
:lol: Yeah. When Pam hungs him goodbye. She didnt' even go through security or have a ticket.
tjand72
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by tjand72 »

newarenanow wrote: :lol: Yeah. When Pam hungs him goodbye. She didnt' even go through security or have a ticket.
The first thing I thought was that she had her shoes off because of security and that it was nice that she bought a ticket. It's possible, though improbable.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Watching Repo Games for the first time... lol. Not sure it's something I'd watch on a regular basis, but wow these are some winners.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

I was disappointed with the last Office w/ Michael Scott. I mean, I know what they were trying to do with the episode, and a lot of people liked it. I just thought it would be much funnier (it was too serious IMO).
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:I was disappointed with the last Office w/ Michael Scott. I mean, I know what they were trying to do with the episode, and a lot of people liked it. I just thought it would be much funnier (it was too serious IMO).
Yeah, I thought it would be funnier, but at the same time, I understand the whole serious saying goodbye thing. It would be better if the previous 3 episodes were hilarious, but I thought for the most part they sucked, so it led to a disappointing goodbye.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

While I only started watching about a year ago, I love me some NCIS. Last night's episode, "Baltimore," was awesome.

Spoiler:
I am curious as to who dies at the hands of the port-to-port killer (as the previews for the next episodes lead us to believe that something big goes down). Although the entire main cast is signed for next season, so my guess is that it is Tony's girlfriend who is running the other team (name slips my mind - but she is HAWT). Between losing his old partner and his girlfriend (if she does indeed die), I think a lot of next season will center around Tony dealing with that.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

I hate when Matt and Trey decide to take up a cause instead of just try to be funny. I get it, you guys thought the Comedy Awards were stupid. You don't have to make an entire episode about it.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Repo games may be the dumbest show ever made.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

that wasn't the "least funny" episode of the office ever, but it was definitely the "worst"
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I really don't think the office will be around anymore after next year, definitely the year after.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

My wife begged me to watch Justified, and I'm glad she did...great show.

Did you know that the pilot episode was filmed in Pittsburgh? Consol Energy Center was used for a courthouse scene...or something.

Subsequent episodes were filmed in California, which doesn't look like rural Kentucky at all.

Great show though.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:My wife begged me to watch Justified, and I'm glad she did...great show.
Great finale. Great cast this entire season. Can't wait for the next one, but I fear we're going to see Ryland against Boyd again.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

You guys watch Survivor? I think this has been a really good season.

I root for Natalie.

shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Sarcastic wrote:You guys watch Survivor? I think this has been a really good season.
it's been good this year. i was pissed then they voted russell out, but felt better after seeing that it lead to the demise of the entire tribe.

it's amazing what rob is doing. i don't know how he's able to control those people like that, but they are just complete minions.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

shmenguin wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:You guys watch Survivor? I think this has been a really good season.
it's been good this year. i was pissed then they voted russell out, but felt better after seeing that it lead to the demise of the entire tribe.

it's amazing what rob is doing. i don't know how he's able to control those people like that, but they are just complete minions.
Throwing that competition to purposely vote Russell out was the beginning of their downfall. Not only did they lose a physically strong guy, but also a good strategist. At that point, they should have instead concentrated on winning competitions. They all knew what Russ was like, so there was not much to fear he would surprise them.

Rob's smart. And he's likable. I'm not surprised they all stick to him. But this is the end of the season now so everyone will have to start to strategize for themselves. The previews showed that Rob is going after Ashley next.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

Survivor is still on?!? And is the Rob you guys are talking about the same Rob that married that girl from Pittsburgh that was on the show? Those 2 were always my favorites when I used to watch the show (and when they was on the Amazing race as well).
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

pittsports87 wrote:Survivor is still on?!? And is the Rob you guys are talking about the same Rob that married that girl from Pittsburgh that was on the show? Those 2 were always my favorites when I used to watch the show (and when they was on the Amazing race as well).

I think he married a girl off the show. I didn't watch the first few seasons.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

Sarcastic wrote:
pittsports87 wrote:Survivor is still on?!? And is the Rob you guys are talking about the same Rob that married that girl from Pittsburgh that was on the show? Those 2 were always my favorites when I used to watch the show (and when they was on the Amazing race as well).

I think he married a girl off the show. I didn't watch the first few seasons.
Yeah that is who I was talking about. He married a girl from the show that was from Pittsburgh.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

nocera wrote:I hate when Matt and Trey decide to take up a cause instead of just try to be funny. I get it, you guys thought the Comedy Awards were stupid. You don't have to make an entire episode about it.

Yeah, it had it's moments, but not the best. Liked how they managed to work in an Osama reference so quickly.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

yeah, rob married amber after they met during his 2nd season on the show. this is his 4th (yes 4th) season.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Intrigued by TNT's new Falling Skies, with Noah Wyle and Will Patton, debuting June 19... Done by Dreamworks/Spielberg.

http://www.tnt.tv/series/microsite/fall ... ?content=6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

relantel wrote:Intrigued by TNT's new Falling Skies, with Noah Wyle and Will Patton, debuting June 19... Done by Dreamworks/Spielberg.

http://www.tnt.tv/series/microsite/fall ... ?content=6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have that circled on my calendar. One, because it sounds interesting and two, actually, make that one and the other one two, Sarah Carter is in it. Huge crush.

Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

I enjoy when he posts pretty girl pictures, jus sayin