** Slug Warz II - GAME THREAD **

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: ** Slug Warz II - GAME THREAD **

Post by LeopardLetang »

awesome. i wish i had written down my suspicions throughout the game so that i could go back and see what was right and what wasn't so that i could see what tricked me into thinking people were who weren't and people weren't who were. but then i'd need the time and energy to do that. oh well. way to go village. good job jays
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

mac5155 wrote:
Senka wrote:
mac5155 wrote:
i didnt get them either. dagny is ruling our world! :scared:

she just PMed me and u both with what was gonna happen. guess the writeup could've been done like friday night. lol
yeah i wasnt sure if what she said was true or if it was one of those :What if this happens: thas why i didnt do the writeup. but good call. :pop:
if it wasnt true then

lynch dagny
This is Senka we're talking about here. :P

I told him that zaro went for canaan and canaan went for zaro, what do I do? zaro's PM came in waaaaaaaay before canaan's. I didn't know if that meant the bird wins.

By the time I got Senka's answer, I just didn't have time to make a write up, so I PMed mac to do it, yesterday. I even asked Kicksave and Idoit, in the chat today, if they wanted to do a good write up.

What I did not know, is that the RPs didn't send their PMs to all of us.
Twisted Wrister
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Twisted Wrister »

Personally I screwed us because i should have just kept quiet, jays got on me and it was all over.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Wow, what a quick ending. Wish I had stayed up later to cast my vote for sdm.

I think the biggest reason I wasn't thinking Juice was a slug was that I was playing the odds that he wouldn't be a slug twice in a row, which is pretty stupid to do. And he wasn't really doing anything that made him suspicious to me until the redwill vote was done. At that point I was thinking that jays could be a slug trying to get rid of juice. But once that vote was finished things fell into place pretty well.

During the redwill vote sdm quoted a post made by tw where they both voted for redwill and both came off as suspicious. Jays mentioned TW being odd right after TW's post, then sdm quoted all of it and went along with TW. That's when I asked everyone to switch to TW, but I should've just voted for Juice. As jays said after the vote, if you're sure of sdm and tw, why vote with them for redwill? That was pretty stupid of me.

I didn't really consider protecting cupkeeper. All he said was that it wouldn't be a good idea to salt him, so I just figured he was saying that to stay alive as a slug or regular player. The only other time I considered protecting someone was jays one of the last nights because I thought he might be the gardener.

Paying attention to voting patterns definitely worked as the game got towards the end. The JC vote helped some, but the redwill vote was essential.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Nice come back village... once everybody decided to stop worrying about being the deciding vote and actually made decisions, things went pretty well.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

i'm not a very good slug
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

I think the low active village hurt us towards the end. It helped us early because we could sway votes, but then later the only people voting were slugs and 4 or 5 others so once you got a slug it was easy to look at voting patterns because only so many people were voting

and then once you got moving every was voting and again all you had to do was look back at the first couple rounds and see who voted for who.

and we couldnt really run a sacrifice early on in the game because the village had suspicion on at least 3 of us early we just got some sway votes

but if we would have sacrificed juice or canaan early the village would have went right after another one of us.

and I check in before canaan and zaro die to see no action and dont come back till this haha I assumed I was dead if canaan went
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Juice wrote:i'm not a very good slug
Had me fooled.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Congrats village. Came together great at the end.

I don't know how many games it will take though for people that are dead/not playing to realize that the village is going to get beat at the beginning, and it only matters at the end what happens when the count is a little more even.

Every single game there is contigent that just want to talk how bad the village sucks at the beginning, and probably 80% of the time, they end up turning it around and win. Once you get one or two slugs/wolves, then that is when you piece things together.

The other thing that still is a headscratcher is that at the beginning, there is nothing wrong with bandwagoning, and even if it is a villager, and they convince you, it's not a bad thing to vote them out. You have to lower the population, trim the fat out. Just don't get the role player or expose too many of them. When you switch votes 100 times, that is what happens.

Again, good job village.
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Azkar »

I'm too good.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

newarenanow wrote:Every single game there is contigent that just want to talk how bad the village sucks at the beginning.
That's because they really did (myself included).

1. outed the gardener because we couldn't even properly bandwagon
2. gardener gets eaten the 2nd night
3. Most of the votes went the distance because nobody wanted to be "that guy" who cast the deciding vote.

Once it got trimmed down enough, jays and co. lowered the boom. This may have happened eventually, but the first few days were handled very poorly by the village, IMO.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

the wicked child wrote:
newarenanow wrote:Every single game there is contigent that just want to talk how bad the village sucks at the beginning.
That's because they really did (myself included).

1. outed the gardener because we couldn't even properly bandwagon
2. gardener gets eaten the 2nd night
3. Most of the votes went the distance because nobody wanted to be "that guy" who cast the deciding vote.

Once it got trimmed down enough, jays and co. lowered the boom. This may have happened eventually, but the first few days were handled very poorly by the village, IMO.
I agree it was handled poorly. And it usually does at the beginning. You have too many people playing, some good, some not, and they all have a different agenda. I do agree, pepole need to step up and cast the deciding vote, and bandwagoning isn't a bad thing at the beginning.

But every game, players are weeded out, the number of wolves to village ratio gets narrowed, and then people start thinking. They get one, and then the pieces start coming together. It happens every single game. I think there have been about 10 "worst villages ever" so far.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Yeah I just don't understand the people that make fun of the village over in the Test Forum....who even comes up with a thread like that anyway? They all suck, there's a reason they are not playing...idiots :pop:
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

You definitely change your style up a lot when you're a slug.

Also, I think I found Canaan's tell, but I'm not going to say it because I don't want him to be aware of it.

Also also, I tried getting "salt juice" on the jumbotron at the game on friday, but the screen apparently doesn't like my texts.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

wooo way to go village!
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

jaysmiter wrote:

Also, I think I found Canaan's tell, but I'm not going to say it because I don't want him to be aware of it.

Also also, I tried getting "salt juice" on the jumbotron at the game on friday, but the screen apparently doesn't like my texts.
i know my tell and its pretty evident. i suck as a slug and hate being one.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

canaan wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:

i know my tell and its pretty evident. i suck as a slug and hate being one.
What do you think your tell is?
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

I voted for canaad consistently from day one but never got enough people to follow me.
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

jaysmiter wrote:

I tried to get slug warz reference on the jumbortron Friday as well but I failed
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

sdm5055 wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:

I tried to get slug warz reference on the jumbortron Friday as well but I failed
lol, i texted lynch nan but maybe they didnt understand and thought i really wanted his head.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

Original Mod Fail. I pulled a Brett Favre. On top, then came back to ruin it on a different team. :pop:

thanks Mac & Dag.
neophool
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by neophool »

WAIT A MINUTE!!!

the question i want to ask now is.....

who won the case-race????
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

MWB wrote:Paying attention to voting patterns definitely worked as the game got towards the end. The JC vote helped some, but the redwill vote was essential.
So it was good that I wasn't around to screw it up? :lol:

While I don't regret being medicated at the music festival, I do regret not being around for my salting vote. I think I could have helped jaysmiter turn the vote to Juice.

And -- believe it or not -- after Juice, next on my list was TW, because of this:
redwill wrote:
Twisted Wrister wrote:um kay, so now the deal has been a little more developed, I believe I salted npv in the first round, he came out to defend, salted me, and fell back into the darkness. Right now its not beneficial to the village for people to be quiet. So take out the quiet ones.

Salt NPV
Your bitterness toward Juice is taking off in an odd direction. One might say it's slightly ... twisted. :)
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

neophool wrote:WAIT A MINUTE!!!

the question i want to ask now is.....

who won the case-race????
well looks like it was 2 villagers against 2 slugs, I'd say we won sir :lol:
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

mac5155 wrote: lol, i texted lynch nan but maybe they didnt understand and thought i really wanted his head.
That would have been funny.