2023 Non-Penguins Related Thread

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: 2023 Non-Penguins Related Thread

Post by KG »

Three Stars wrote:Max Domi to the Maple Leafs on some kind of short term deal.
1 year $3million. No brainer for Toronto.

They have to clear out some cap now though.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

So has Chevy and Winnipeg overplayed their hand or are the Devils going to get one Hell of a steal?
Could the Sabres swoop in?
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

ville5 wrote:So has Chevy and Winnipeg overplayed their hand or are the Devils going to get one Hell of a steal?
I wouldn't go after Hellebuyck if I'm Buffalo. Devon Levi should be their goalie of the future. Hellebuyck, with the contract and workload he is going to want, wouldn't mesh very well with Levi.

If I'm Buffalo, at this point, I pickup either Martin Jones or Jaro Halak, and give the reins over to Levi.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

FLPensFan wrote:
ville5 wrote:So has Chevy and Winnipeg overplayed their hand or are the Devils going to get one Hell of a steal?
I wouldn't go after Hellebuyck if I'm Buffalo. Devon Levi should be their goalie of the future. Hellebuyck, with the contract and workload he is going to want, wouldn't mesh very well with Levi.

If I'm Buffalo, at this point, I pickup either Martin Jones or Jaro Halak, and give the reins over to Levi.
Or get the good goalie Hellybuck would be replacing at a discount. If the Devils get him I could see the Sabres getting Vanecek for nothing. Just two more years signed, not expensive.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

FLPensFan wrote:

Levi is 21 with 7 NHL games. Having Hellebuyck for one year might do wonders for him. If the Jets will trade him to Buffalo for pennies on the dollar, I'd do it and not even worry about negotiating with Hellebuyck.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

DelPen wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:

Or get the good goalie Hellybuck would be replacing at a discount. If the Devils get him I could see the Sabres getting Vanecek for nothing. Just two more years signed, not expensive.
Was thinking the same thing. Hellebuyck to NJ, Vanecek to BUF.
Three Stars
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Three Stars »

John Gibson is reportedly demanding a trade. Puts on It’s Too Late by Carole King

Marc Staal to the Flyers.

The Red Wings have put Filip “Funky Cold” Zadina on waivers.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Filip Zandina on waivers in Detroit...
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

^^^^
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Why would Gibson wait until after the draft and after free agency to now demand a trade?

Most teams don’t have the flexibility or need for a goalie.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

KG wrote:Why would Gibson wait until after the draft and after free agency to now demand a trade?

Sounds like a player who really needs a new agent or to start listening to any good advice his current agent Boutique Hockey gave him.
lemieuxReturns
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by lemieuxReturns »

brwi wrote:
KG wrote:Why would Gibson wait until after the draft and after free agency to now demand a trade?

Sounds like a player who really needs a new agent or to start listening to any good advice his current agent Boutique Hockey gave him.

Not sure how anyone with those stats could feel like they had the right to demand anything. The fact he is making over 6M a year and putting up complete **** is laughable.
Three Stars
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Three Stars »

lemieuxReturns wrote:
brwi wrote:

Not sure how anyone with those stats could feel like they had the right to demand anything. The fact he is making over 6M a year and putting up complete **** is laughable.
I’m officially dubbing this the Yinzer Trade Request.

It’s like ordering at Eat & Park, eating half of your meal, and then complaining and trying to send the rest back. It’s too late, man.
lemieuxReturns
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by lemieuxReturns »

Three Stars wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:
brwi wrote:

I’m officially dubbing this the Yinzer Trade Request.

It’s like ordering at Eat & Park, eating half of your meal, and then complaining and trying to send the rest back. It’s too late, man.
Haha. Yep, and yelling 'the customer is always right!'
Puck-Lurker
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Puck-Lurker »

Three Stars wrote:Marc Staal to the Flyers.
Let's move everyone I don't want in a Flyers uniform to Philly... ugh :face:
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Shayna
@hayyyshayyy
·
Follow
It sounds like Tarasenko will be signing with the Hurricanes
9:07 PM · Jul 3, 2023

Maybe that puts them out of the Karlsson trade? used up more cap...
Three Stars
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Three Stars »

The Hurricane plan.

Sign a goal scorer.

Hope like hell that he doesn’t turn to glass.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Anyone else irritated that the combined cap hit of Granlund and Carter is just $375K less than Domi and Bertuzzi?
Luckybreak
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Luckybreak »

DelPen wrote:Anyone else irritated that the combined cap hit of Granlund and Carter is just $375K less than Domi and Bertuzzi?
Yep!

I was also pondering, would you rather have Smith and Acciari or Bertuzzi and Domi? 1.5 difference, but was potentially do-able.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Luckybreak wrote:
DelPen wrote:Anyone else irritated that the combined cap hit of Granlund and Carter is just $375K less than Domi and Bertuzzi?
Yep!

I was also pondering, would you rather have Smith and Acciari or Bertuzzi and Domi? 1.5 difference, but was potentially do-able.
Domi said he’s wanted to play for Toronto forever since he grew up there and Bertuzzi said if he was signing a one year deal it was going to be with a real contender.

I don’t think either of these guys were on our radar for those reasons.

Dubas definitely isn’t done.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Three Stars wrote:John Gibson is reportedly demanding a trade. Puts on It’s Too Late by Carole King

Gibson's agent KO Sports issued a press release at what they said was asked for by Gibson that totally denies the Seravalli report and rips him a new one for a "false, unjust and inflammatory report" and that Seravalli never spoke with Gibson to confirm and that Gibson has never said anything like that anyone.

I think I believe the agent at this point over Seravalli. The timing of Gibson waiting until after July 1st to suddenly issue an ultimatum to trade me now and I'll never play for you again didn't make much sense at all.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

brwi wrote:
Three Stars wrote:John Gibson is reportedly demanding a trade. Puts on It’s Too Late by Carole King

Gibson's agent KO Sports issued a press release at what they said was asked for by Gibson that totally denies the Seravalli report and rips him a new one for a "false, unjust and inflammatory report" and that Seravalli never spoke with Gibson to confirm and that Gibson has never said anything like that anyone.

I think I believe the agent at this point over Seravalli. The timing of Gibson waiting until after July 1st to suddenly issue an ultimatum to trade me now and I'll never play for you again didn't make much sense at all.
It's posted in one of the other threads, but Gibson's agent Kurt Overhardt and Frank Seravalli have had issues in the past. About 3 years ago, Seravalli tweeted that one of Overhardt's agents was leaving his firm to take a role with the Arizona Coyotes. Overhardt tweeted something similar to what he did about Gibson...saying Seravalli was making false claims. Seravalli then linked to the official release on the Arizona Coyotes website.

Seravalli retweeted that old conversation saying, you remember the last time you came at me saying my reporting was false?

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/sta ... 6951706625

And I saw something early this morning that Gibson directly refuted that he said it, saying he never said that he'd played his last game, but he nor Overhardt refuted claims that a trade was requested.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Hamonic back to Ottawa 2 years $1.1 AAV...
Luckybreak
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Luckybreak »

KG wrote:
Luckybreak wrote:
Yep!

Domi said he’s wanted to play for Toronto forever since he grew up there and Bertuzzi said if he was signing a one year deal it was going to be with a real contender.

By do-able I really mean in a very wide realm of possibility, we never really know how much the individuals are driven by a childhood dream or cold hard cash. Dubas may have offered more to either of them and they opted for the Leafs. Must be nice for Domi, and for him to have some say in where he plays for once. Shame the Mario connection couldn't have swayed him. As for Bertuzzi - Leafs Fans must be planning the parade after hearing that they are now a real contender!

End of the day it would be nice to have all four of them and Carter and Granlund somewhere/anywhere else. Other than Jarry I like what Dubas has done, and agree he seems to have more planned.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

KG wrote:
Luckybreak wrote:
Yep!

They definitely took a discount for the one year in Toronto. Kind of like when Kariya and Selanne both signed in Colorado. It would be nice if we would have been a destination for players like that.