History Mafia -- GAME THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: History Mafia -- GAME THREAD

Post by count2infinity »

another reason we should take out redwill (if he really is red) is take a look at the numbers... 11 of us 5 of them. if 5 of them get on a vote that's well on its way to a majority. i'd be more comfortable with only 4 of them around.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

count2infinity wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:unlynch twc

lynch redwill

I'm not going along with this....i say we kill redwill and find out for sure instead of letting bhaw string us around for a day or two.
despite suspicion of TL, i'm going to have to agree here. rather than blindly following bhaw, why don't we take out redwill (who most had suspicion of already) and see if he's telling the truth as some pointed out that there could be a glitch in his story.
The thing is, if he's telling the truth than he's going to get killed by the mafia....if he's lying thats either going to force the real seer out or force us to lynch him if he's not dying at night.

because we can't be sure and this could easily jsut be a tactic for the mafia to get the real seer to come out.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

well if we eliminate redwill tonight and he's blue, then we get rid of bhaw tomorrow... so if the true seer is out there, don't come out.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

and by tonight i mean today. don't read too much into that slip up.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Just got into work. I see the writeup came in last night (seriously RPs...doing it during the day would be awesome kthxbai). I'll post more after I catch up.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Wow.

Big stuff happenin'

c2i, I don't mind lynching off redwill but if bhaw really is the cop and knows he's just a regular mafia (no powers) then we just ignore him until we have nothing to go on and want to get through a day without lynching a villager. You say we should off him to avoid the 5 mafia majority in a vote but as long as we just don't listen to him then that wont be a problem.

I'll go with lynch TWC and save redwill for when we need a momentum boost.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

twc - 5
troy - 2
senka - 2
bhaw - 1
redwill - 1
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

So here is my thought...

Let's kill redwill

5 good RP's are dead and 1 was converted.

We know we have an assassin and someone said maybe a nurse (backup angel?)

I'm guessing the assassin wasn't converted - if that was possible the game is @#$'d and we are in deep crap. So it had to be bhaw (cop) or nurse.

The only way to find out is kill redwill and go from there

if redwill is read, we can get twc tomorrow.

lynch redwill
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

So here is my thought...

Let's kill redwill

5 good RP's are dead and 1 was converted.

We know we have an assassin and someone said maybe a nurse (backup angel?)

I'm guessing the assassin wasn't converted - if that was possible the game is @#$'d and we are in deep crap. So it had to be bhaw (cop) or nurse.

The only way to find out is kill redwill and go from there

if redwill is read, we can get twc tomorrow.

lynch redwill
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

double post fun :face:
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

9 to lynch

writeup was about the same time as yesterday so we'll go with the 8pm deadline again
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

twc - 5
troy - 2
senka - 2
redwill - 2
bhaw - 1
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

I can go for a redwill vote, but don't be fooled that it "clears" bhaw if it happened.

Let us think logically for a moment (crazy ****, I know).

they block bhaw on days x and y, (one of which is complete BS because jays got blocked). So obviously, they are suspicious, right? One would think if they were that concerned about him being a RP, they would have blocked and killed him by now. Oh they didn't? Hmm.

Usually when the Cop/Seer/Detective comes out, it is late in the game when they have useful information, or if they start taking real heat. There was no heat on bhaw, save for a vote by me that no one had followed.

So in the middle of the night while most people (including myself) are already in bed, he comes out as the Cop, and lists me and IE as suspects, thus leading to 5 votes against me while I am away and can't say anything.

Maybe you buy that the LITT killing was to set him up, I don't. Last game Pavel killed redwill the night after he made that big post implicating him. In Holiday Wars, sdm's family killed one of the people who said they were planning to go after sdm the next day. It is the easy play for veteran baddies to say "I wouldn't do that, I'm not stupid".

Draw your own conclusions.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

The TWC vote is complete and utter nonsense.

We need to know whether or not Bhaw is lying, and we need to do it without outing the real seer.

It's getting to the point where we can only vote off another 2 consecutive villagers. So if bhaw is decieving us we're screwed if we go along and vote TWC, and then come back and vote redwill in 2 days thats it, especially if the worthless vig picks off another townie (tfrizz??? really?)

Kill redwill now, if he's blue kill bhaw the next day

/vote
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

lynch redwill
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

whoops -- unlynch troy lynch redwill
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

Senka, you're a good player in this game, but you're off-base on me. The reason I didn't switch onto NAN was because I was at lunch when he came out, and by the time I got back, there was already a write-up coming. It would have been dumb to switch at that point, because then everyone would have said, oh, IE switched after the limit was reached, blah, blah, blah. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

Bhaw, I didn't just vote for redwill out of the blue yesterday. He's a player that if he's a good guy, he's dead by night 3 because he actually thinks and sees things. He's still around, so that had me suspicious of him. You come out and say you're the cop and that he's bad, I'm willing to trust that because I think he's bad.

As for my quietness, I already explained I was burned out from these games. I realize I'm not much help to the village because of it, but the cluster **** of stuff that goes on just has me not wanting to read 10 pages or so of the same people saying the same things over and over again. And everyone here should have learned by now that I'm almost never at night. I work two jobs and love the sleep I can get.

I will be around all day today, so I can post like crazy, but I'm not about to try to defend myself at every turn. You'll lynch me if you want, anyway. If we know redwill is bad, then we should lynch him today.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

Forgot the most important part.

lynch redwill
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

twc - 5
redwill - 4
senka - 2
bhaw - 1
troy - 1

9 to lynch

edited to include IE's vote
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

i don't know which way to go... since redwill is outed, it would be a good idea for baddies to jump on and vote on him so none of them are killed today. but at the same time, a dead baddie, is a dead baddie, and with killing redwill we could tell if bhaw was/is telling the truth.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

count2infinity wrote:i don't know which way to go... since redwill is outed, it would be a good idea for baddies to jump on and vote on him so none of them are killed today. but at the same time, a dead baddie, is a dead baddie, and with killing redwill we could tell if bhaw was/is telling the truth.
I am trusting bhaw and going with someone other than redwill. Hopefully we get a baddie with the lynch and the vig can whack redwill tonight for a double shot.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

count2infinity wrote:i don't know which way to go... since redwill is outed, it would be a good idea for baddies to jump on and vote on him so none of them are killed today. but at the same time, a dead baddie, is a dead baddie, and with killing redwill we could tell if bhaw was/is telling the truth.
If bhaw is lying to decieve the village and we kill TWC we're done. Thats not going to tell us anythign about Bhaw if TWC is good, and then tomorrow we're going to argue all day about whether or not we should listen to bhaw and then we'll kill redwill, and if bhaw is lying and redwill is good too, then we've lost.

I think we need to just kill redwill, if redwill is bad than we've bought ourselves time and plus, we'll also get a read on the people that are jumping on TWC...and that would be wonderful if Bhaw could then investigate TWC tonight and get saved if possible...cause if it turns out that TWC is good that would be a huge sign tell on the mafia following the seer to kill another townie during the day.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Troy Loney wrote:
If bhaw is lying to decieve the village and we kill TWC we're done. Thats not going to tell us anythign about Bhaw if TWC is good, and then tomorrow we're going to argue all day about whether or not we should listen to bhaw and then we'll kill redwill, and if bhaw is lying and redwill is good too, then we've lost.

I think we need to just kill redwill, if redwill is bad than we've bought ourselves time and plus, we'll also get a read on the people that are jumping on TWC...and that would be wonderful if Bhaw could then investigate TWC tonight and get saved if possible...cause if it turns out that TWC is good that would be a huge sign tell on the mafia following the seer to kill another townie during the day.
Grrrr...STOP MAKING SENSE!!!! :D

unlynch twc

until I figure this out.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

PensFanInDC wrote:
I am trusting bhaw and going with someone other than redwill. Hopefully we get a baddie with the lynch and the vig can whack redwill tonight for a double shot.
Or we've been decieved by Bhaw with a calculated numbers move that will end up killing atleast three people, so essentially bhaw would take 2 villagers with him and likely out the seer instead of just getting lynched this day. They have the numbers left to do something like this, plus they might be worried about the seer holding out and having a number of them identified at this point...

It makes absolutely no sense to follow bhaw's hunch on TWC when it's such a logical move for a mafia guy who is under so much heat to take one for the team and out the seer...
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

pretty cut & dry imo...only way to learn stuff is kill redwill