TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by newarenanow »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:i was glad chris picked whitney. looked like he was going to pick becca there for a while when he was talking to her at the end
It seemed like he just settled for her because Becca didn't like him. I don't see this one lasting. This is the first one I remember where the contestant seems to like the Bachelor/Bachelorette more than they like them.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

last man on earth. that girl is grating. i get that its the point. it just doesnt make for entertaining television for me.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

She is awful at everything. When the only character you can play is an annoying *******, maybe you arent acting.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Peaky Blinders: 1 more episode in season 2 to go. Dr. Alan Grant is so creepy. When is season 3 coming? I need more then 6 episodes in a series.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Lol i havent watched that yet but his name is dr alan grant? Excellent.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

eddysnake wrote:Peaky Blinders: 1 more episode in season 2 to go. Dr. Alan Grant is so creepy. When is season 3 coming? I need more then 6 episodes in a series.
oh man... the last episode in season 2 is intense... buckle up.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Idoit40fans wrote:Lol i havent watched that yet but his name is dr alan grant? Excellent.
nope, it's Dr Alan Grant (Sam Neill) from Jurassic Park and it's almost shocking how different his character is from anything else I've seen him in. If they were in JP, then that's the name I use for them in any other show.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Thats beyond disappointing.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

count2infinity wrote:
eddysnake wrote:Peaky Blinders: 1 more episode in season 2 to go. Dr. Alan Grant is so creepy. When is season 3 coming? I need more then 6 episodes in a series.

There is 5 pretty big storylines all heading for a collision, I have no idea how they are going to pull this off, but I can't wait
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

eddysnake wrote:
count2infinity wrote:

There is 5 pretty big storylines all heading for a collision, I have no idea how they are going to pull this off, but I can't wait
don't you worry... they won't disappoint, and they'll leave you begging for more.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

do you know when season 3 is coming to netflix? I'm afraid to open anything because of spoilers for S2 finale
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

I've looked... all I've seen is they announced back in November that they are indeed making a 3rd season, but no announcement yet as to when it'll be released.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

I watched season 2 on BBC's iPlayer and then a week later it was on Netflix (US). My guess is that season 3 will film this summer and air in the fall. Meaning, we all have to wait. :lol:
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

For those who might still be watching, Cougar Town now has only 3 eps left. Last night's wasn't very good.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

The Following (2nd ep)
Spoiler:
Surprised we haven't seen James Purefoy yet, other than the credits and the "previously on" clips. On the other hand, the series has picked up right where it left off in terms of gore.

In some ways, perhaps they are trying to weave a layer beyond Joe Carroll so that the series could continue if/when he is actually killed off?
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

canaan wrote:last man on earth. that girl is grating. i get that its the point. it just doesnt make for entertaining television for me.
I quit watching part way through ep2 and removed it from the DVR queue. Season 1 should have been the opening of the first episode. Him driving around the country looking for people and collecting all of the cool stuff that he set up in his house. They could have made it really funny AND interesting. Instead, they introduced a second person in a show called "Last Man on Earth" IN EPISODE 1!
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

PensFanInDC wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:The Returned begins tonight at 10pm on A&E. If anyone watches it, tell me if you liked it. Plot sounds interesting... dead people coming back to life or something.
Its as good as Damages.
/me holds PF by the nose and smacks him over the head with a rolled up newspaper
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

What you do with your can girls is your business.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

PensFanInDC wrote:What you do with your can girls is your business.
I would never smack a girl. No, no. My mom taught me from when I was young that if I ever hit a girl, she'll beat the crap out of me herself.

:scared:
Jofa Guy
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Jofa Guy »

shmenguin wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
GSdrums87 wrote:Just watched the first episode of Man Seeking Woman last night. My god how frustrating.
My wife and I watched it the other night. I thought it sucked.
It's very good. The war room scene when he was trying to write a text in episode 2 was the funniest thing I've seen on a tv show in a long time.
Just watched the latest episode. I enjoy this show, and I believe the second ep was probably the best of the season. I'm happy this show got renewed for a second season. I understand that it may be a little weird, but so am I.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

Anyone watch this week's Justified? It had one of the best lines of the entire series.
Spoiler:
Raylan got involved in a shootout with Garrett Dillahunt's character and shot him as he was fleeing. When Raylan walked up to him as he's dying, Dillahunt says, "This is BS, you shot me in the back!"
Raylan responds with, "If you wanted to get hit in the front, you should have run toward me." :lol:
Gabe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Gabe »

Haven't read back into the thread, but has anyone watched any of the new Odd Couple episodes? I have 3 eps on the DVR. Just want to know if it is worth keeping them.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Hockeynut! wrote:Anyone watch this week's Justified? It had one of the best lines of the entire series.
Spoiler:
Raylan got involved in a shootout with Garrett Dillahunt's character and shot him as he was fleeing. When Raylan walked up to him as he's dying, Dillahunt says, "This is BS, you shot me in the back!"
Raylan responds with, "If you wanted to get hit in the front, you should have run toward me." :lol:
Justified is still on? I thought it got cancelled a couple seasons ago. If it's still good, I gotta catch up.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

Sarcastic wrote:
Hockeynut! wrote:Anyone watch this week's Justified? It had one of the best lines of the entire series.
Spoiler:
Justified is still on? I thought it got cancelled a couple seasons ago. If it's still good, I gotta catch up.
Yep, this is the final season. Last season kind of sucked but this year has been terrific.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Jim wrote:
canaan wrote:last man on earth. that girl is grating. i get that its the point. it just doesnt make for entertaining television for me.
I quit watching part way through ep2 and removed it from the DVR queue. Season 1 should have been the opening of the first episode. Him driving around the country looking for people and collecting all of the cool stuff that he set up in his house. They could have made it really funny AND interesting. Instead, they introduced a second person in a show called "Last Man on Earth" IN EPISODE 1!
:fist: