TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: TV Shows

Post by Eismann »

Ah, got it. Didn't see that one. The Kane's was the last one I saw and thought it was horrid, the obvious political ideologies of the writers aside, there was so much more/different that they could have done.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

My wife is watching downton abbey. I'm playing with my phone. How can any dude sit through this? It's basically a soap opera that takes place 90 years ago, right?
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

I'd take Downton Abbey over Sister Wives. DA is just boring, but SW will make a person rage.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Kroll Show is finally funny... Just in time for its final few episodes ever.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

just starting to go through x files from start to finish.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Started watching Family Guy, then went make dinner. Came back to the last few seconds of Last Man on Earth, where they just introduced another character. heh.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

shmenguin wrote:Kroll Show is finally funny... Just in time for its final few episodes ever.
That's probably the most uneven show in tv history. The highs are really high, but overall, yeah it's not great.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

Froggy wrote:
shmenguin wrote:Kroll Show is finally funny... Just in time for its final few episodes ever.
That's probably the most uneven show in tv history. The highs are really high, but overall, yeah it's not great.
Great description. I love the characters, but sometimes I'm all like whaaaaaaaaaa????
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

I cant find Kroll even remotely funny because of his face. Even The League I sometimes don't watch because its so repugnant
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

DudeMan2766 wrote:I cant find Kroll even remotely funny because of his face. Even The League I sometimes don't watch because its so repugnant
Well, at least he's self-deprecating about his appearance...
Spoiler:
"whereas I look like a Nazi propaganda cartoon of a Jew." From The Bounce Test ep.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Froggy wrote:
It's entirely dependent on the character. Dr Armand and Publizity are never funny. The Wheels Ontario thing and the European guy are always funny.

He's had a better balance this season.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Eismann wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:I cant find Kroll even remotely funny because of his face. Even The League I sometimes don't watch because its so repugnant
Spoiler:
"whereas I look like a Nazi propaganda cartoon of a Jew." From The Bounce Test ep.
what are you accusing me of Eismann? :pop:
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I have trouble finding Kroll funny. If he's talking on a podcast or something, he's funny, but I don't find his stand up funny and I don't find his show funny. The League is good though, and I think he's funny in it.
Jofa Guy
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Jofa Guy »

I watched Whose Line Friday, didn't even know it was still on. Not the same without Drew Carey, they always make fun of him, but Ryan and Colin are absolutely hysterical and I did giggle a good amount
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

Jofa Guy wrote:I watched Whose Line Friday, didn't even know it was still on. Not the same without Drew Carey, they always make fun of him, but Ryan and Colin are absolutely hysterical and I did giggle a good amount
Carey was never particularly funny in the original run but he did make the others funnier. They were all able to take jabs at him while everyone is too afraid to make fun of Aisha. I mean, I would be too, she's beautiful

I really wish I could rewatch the original run on Netflix or something. One of the funniest shows of my lifetime
Last edited by MalkinIsMyHomeboy on Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Idoit40fans wrote:I have trouble finding Kroll funny. If he's talking on a podcast or something, he's funny, but I don't find his stand up funny and I don't find his show funny. The League is good though, and I think he's funny in it.
Kind of the same for me with aziz Ansari. Think his stand up stinks. He's obnoxious unless he's playing a part. But he wasn't in a Parks and Rec scene that wasn't hilarious.
Jofa Guy
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Jofa Guy »

MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote:
Jofa Guy wrote:I watched Whose Line Friday, didn't even know it was still on. Not the same without Drew Carey, they always make fun of him, but Ryan and Colin are absolutely hysterical and I did giggle a good amount
Carey was never particularly funny in the original run but he did make the others funnier. They're were all able to take jabs at him while everyone is too afraid to make fun of Aisha. I mean, I would be too, she's beautiful

Exactly, the fact that they all took jabs at him and he would just laugh made me always appreciate him as a host. Aisha is definitely hot, the only time they say something about her is if its racial jokes. I just love the chemistry between Ryan and Colin (Collin?), its pretty impressive
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

DudeMan2766 wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:I have trouble finding Kroll funny. If he's talking on a podcast or something, he's funny, but I don't find his stand up funny and I don't find his show funny. The League is good though, and I think he's funny in it.
Kind of the same for me with aziz Ansari. Think his stand up stinks. He's obnoxious unless he's playing a part. But he wasn't in a Parks and Rec scene that wasn't hilarious.
I actually find him annoying on parks and rec as well. That seems to be the point, so he was well cast. Still annoys me though.
Jofa Guy
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Jofa Guy »

^^^^^
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

DudeMan2766 wrote:
Eismann wrote:
Spoiler:
what are you accusing me of Eismann? :pop:
Ha! Not a thing, Duder, not a thing.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Idoit40fans wrote:just starting to go through x files from start to finish.
I've been thinking about going back and doing this, how does it hold up?
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

On recommendations from several people, I watched the first couple episodes of House of Cards. I'm hooked, What a fantastic show. Kevin Spacey is incredible
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Finished up season 3 of the Sopranos over the weekend. Still really good. I'm guessing S4 is where the not so good episodes started showing up.

At any rate, I'm going to rewatch S4 of Game of Thrones before continuing to get ready for S5.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

I watched Sopranos twice and don't remember any episodes that stick out as bad. hmm.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

The only thing bad about the Sopranos - as I watched up until the last season "live" - was the seemingly endless wait in between seasons 3, 4, and 5.

Hard to believe that show debuted 16 years ago. How is that even possible?