TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: TV Shows

Post by eddysnake »

count2infinity wrote:Just finished season 3 of House of Cards...
Spoiler:
Why do I have a feeling in my gut that Claire is going to get some poison or something in her drink... make it look like she was sick (which would match the story he told in Iowa) and that'll be the end of Claire. It's unlikely, but I can't help thinking that's what is going to happen.
finished it last night
Spoiler:
Claire really came off as whiny this season. When Frank explained what her position is, it was terrible, but it wasn't wrong as screwed up as that sounds. Echoed throughout the season, Frank is right, but goes about everything the wrong way. I get that she wants to accomplish things on her own, but what does she expect at this point? I was a little turned off by her role this season.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

eddysnake wrote:
Spoiler:
Why do I have a feeling in my gut that Claire is going to get some poison or something in her drink... make it look like she was sick (which would match the story he told in Iowa) and that'll be the end of Claire. It's unlikely, but I can't help thinking that's what is going to happen.
finished it last night
Spoiler:
Claire really came off as whiny this season. When Frank explained what her position is, it was terrible, but it wasn't wrong as screwed up as that sounds. Echoed throughout the season, Frank is right, but goes about everything the wrong way. I get that she wants to accomplish things on her own, but what does she expect at this point? I was a little turned off by her role this season.
Spoiler:
Frank made a lot of mistakes this season, that were all partially or fully influenced by Claire, and now when the times got tough because she messed up, she's ready to cut and run leaving Frank high and dry. She's becoming Skyler White.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

count2infinity wrote:
eddysnake wrote:
Spoiler:
finished it last night
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Frank made a lot of mistakes this season, that were all partially or fully influenced by Claire, and now when the times got tough because she messed up, she's ready to cut and run leaving Frank high and dry. She's becoming Skyler White.
Spoiler:
women.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Spoiler:
I thought the finale was bunk with about 60% of it just doug driving rachel around in a van
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Troy Loney wrote:
Spoiler:
I thought the finale was bunk with about 60% of it just doug driving rachel around in a van
Spoiler:
I was disappointed, for sure. Especially considering how exciting everything was in the last two season finales.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Spoiler:
I know Robin Wright is great and Claire is a great character, but I think they lost focus and wanted to make this season about her. Kevin Spacey is the show, every storyline not involving Frank is time lost from him and mostly wasted.

Such as the Remy, Jackie storyline - nope, don't care. Doug and the creepy guy from Loser is ok because it's a continuation of the zoe/lucas/russo coverup. But the Doug and Rachel thing was boring
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

count2infinity wrote:
eddysnake wrote:
Spoiler:
finished it last night
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Part of me feels like she's going to get the Zoey Barnes treatment in the first episode but can there be a show without Claire Underwood? I mean, a widower President...what an angle for the re-election.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Spoiler:
sympathy votes? I'm not sure...
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Secret Squirrel up in here.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

Anyone watch American Crime last night? I like the story but the editing style is like nails on a chalkboard to me. I'll try to stick it out a few more episodes.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Dickie Dunn wrote:Things are looking up for Gotham.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... ont-779767
BOOM!
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by DontToewsMeBro »

Troy Loney wrote:
Spoiler:
I know Robin Wright is great and Claire is a great character, but I think they lost focus and wanted to make this season about her. Kevin Spacey is the show, every storyline not involving Frank is time lost from him and mostly wasted.

Such as the Remy, Jackie storyline - nope, don't care. Doug and the creepy guy from Loser is ok because it's a continuation of the zoe/lucas/russo coverup. But the Doug and Rachel thing was boring
Spoiler:
I think the Remy/Jackie storyline exists as a foil to Frank and Claire. Sure it's not that exciting since they're periphery characters but it's meant to be a contrast for Frank's relationship which I find to be a powerful dynamic.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Survivor is back. 2 episodes so far. I like, umm, Joe and Hali on the No Collar tribe.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

Sunny has been pretty good.

Archer has been pretty awful.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Sarcastic wrote:Survivor is back. 2 episodes so far. I like, umm, Joe and Hali on the No Collar tribe.
The dude who just got booted was such a creep that I'm sad to see him go
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

shmenguin wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:Survivor is back. 2 episodes so far. I like, umm, Joe and Hali on the No Collar tribe.
The dude who just got booted was such a creep that I'm sad to see him go
Oh, man. One of those psycho dudes who meets a girl, falls in love in one day, and puts a guilt trip on her for talking to another guy. Wow. I think an alarm sounded in her head and rightfully so. Creep is the correct word.

I wanted both So and the Creep to stay because both would create a lot of drama, but oh well.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Preaching about his enlighted way of life and then being a vindictive s*** head was irritating as all hell.

But good tv.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Amazing Race
Spoiler:
That nurse wouldn't let it go about the Navy doc getting the order wrong on the zip line waiter challenge. Yeah, it's gonna get ugly with these blind dates.
Does anyone else think that Laura looks like Amy Adams?
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

DontToewsMeBro wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I think the Remy/Jackie storyline exists as a foil to Frank and Claire. Sure it's not that exciting since they're periphery characters but it's meant to be a contrast for Frank's relationship which I find to be a powerful dynamic.
House of Cards related:
Spoiler:
I liked the season, but didn't love it. Too much Claire, period. It seemed like the first two seasons had a distinct purpose, but this one was just a bunch of random stuff. I'm hoping Season 4 gives you the hook early. I would love if Claire is poisoned (aka sad, sudden death) and Frank runs as a sad widow.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Amazing Race
Spoiler:
That nurse wouldn't let it go about the Navy doc getting the order wrong on the zip line waiter challenge. Yeah, it's gonna get ugly with these blind dates.
Does anyone else think that Laura looks like Amy Adams?
Was just saying that last night.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

Archer: Vice has been added to Netflix. I'm sure binge watching gives me a different perspective on the show, but I've enjoyed the season.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Eismann wrote:Sunny has been pretty good.

I thought archer was great this week :(
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

canaan wrote:
Eismann wrote:Sunny has been pretty good.

I thought archer was great this week :(
I'm losing track of the dvr..The Kane's? or Nellis?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Pocket listing