OFFICIAL WEREWOLF II GAMEPLAY THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Senka was the hardest one to figure out what to do with because he was all over the freaking place. Keeping him was as much of a risk as the reward. I wanted to kill him earlier but then talked myself out of it (we killed Nuge that night).

I knew I could almost seal a victory if I kept him until the last night.

It was so much harder to get NAN and Kovy out than I thought. I was sure either a) someone would jump on the lynch nan bandwagon or b) people would think they were working together. I thought for sure they would go easy with the cut through stuff. Then I thought I could nail NAN when he messed up with the jweinand/loaf thing. But still... I think I got lucky that NAN was gone and Kovy missed his lynching.

I will say I was uber impressed I got them to flip. My first one to get loaf lynched was weak, but there were still a lot of suspects. The 2nd one was awesome though. After they accused me the first time, I thought about it and PMed kicksave "the plan."

I was really hoping we could go another round before I sold kicksave up the river. Nan and kovy again (out of sheer insanity) went from killing each other to killing me. So (with kicksave at work and MIA) I went on my rant. I figured that if everyone stuck to me for lynching, it would keep the heat of kicksave, but I knew if I could get everyone to flip, I could get down to the last round. A lot of PMs about puppets and sheep flew around at that point.

We kept the kills pretty erratic once we got rid of the role players to keep rivalries alive. Idoit was a lucky guess, but we got equally as unlucky with canaan. I wanted to eat azkar to get josecuervo lynched, but kicksave said jose instead, which worked out gloriously.

IrishEyes and Nuge were pretty random people, but kicksave suggested Nuge. I wanted to kill Senka that night (luckily we went with kicksave).
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

sorry... a lot of the Is are we's too... meaning the wolves.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Senka wrote:well my opinions are silent now. lol thats that. im just going with everyone else.

i do wanna check something out though.. it may take me an hour or 3 to do so tho.
this post scared the crap out of me and I almost ate you for it (glad I didn't). After saying like 3 times in a row that you would vote with me and you knew I was't a wolf, I was sure you were going to pull me out of your ass and at least cause some doubt too early.

even when you came back with your outcome that the wolves weren't aligned or acting independently, I was still 75% sure you would come up with me somehow.

kicksave and I intentionally tried to note vote the same except when we thought it was necessary.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

bhaw wrote: It was so much harder to get NAN and Kovy out than I thought. I was sure either a) someone would jump on the lynch nan bandwagon or b) people would think they were working together. I thought for sure they would go easy with the cut through stuff. Then I thought I could nail NAN when he messed up with the jweinand/loaf thing. But still... I think I got lucky that NAN was gone and Kovy missed his lynching.
I was trading for Drew Brees in my fantasy league and missed my lynching. Son of a b...
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Kovy27 wrote:Mother ****. NAN we had it figured out and we let bhaw talk us out of it.
Just checking this for the first time since yesterday.

I knew he was a wolf. But sometimes you have to go with the flow. Great play voting for Kicksave. That bought him a ton of time.

But I will admit, I wouldn't have picked Kicksave for a long time. So it about evens out.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

BTW, Batman was awesome.

Sucks I couldn't be here for the ending. It would have been fun, and it was actually bugging me last night.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Now that I'm at work, I was just going to rehash my thoughts:

- I thought Kovy was a wolf at the beginning of the game, but when he kept going after me every single round, I started to have a feeling he was a villager and felt very strongly that I was a wolf. When I got in danger of being voted out though, I had to push back.

- My #1 suspect, even after he outed Kicksave was bhaw. When he went for the Kicksave turn around, that seriously made me more suspicious. It drew the heat off of him, and I knew that a lot of people would not question him after that, which reading the last few pages of the thread obviously worked. I would have done the same thing.

- It was killing me that I had to leave when I did. I couldn't vote for bhaw because then it would have sealed my fate for a lynching, because he had gained that trust. And knowing I wasn't going to be around, I had to throw a name out there (jweinand was my #2 suspect), and hope the game would drag on. It would have taken a whole lot of explaning and convincing to get people on board to lynch bhaw. That play bought you a lot of trust and a lot of time, and obviously worked out well.

- I don't know if I missed anything, and this is another thing that made me suspicious of bhaw, but when he was doing his turn around from being voted out, he never once said "I'm not a wolf". Thought that was funny.

- I'm glad you outed Kicksave, because he was pretty low on my suspect list at that time. :D

Well played bhaw. I think we think sort of the same, because as you were going through that whole thing, and as I was reading this morning, you were doing what I would have done, which made me very suspicious of you. :D
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

jwienand wrote:All I can say is I made it till the end in both games... Please don't kill me first next time because of this.
And you blew it both games. :D
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Oh, and thank god Letang said Senka was a villager early, because I had no idea what the heck went on through his head. You couldn't read the dude.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

nan - if you still suspected me, I got lucky you left. When I was trying to get rid of you and kovy, I was originally going to eat kovy and keep you around because I thought you were a safer bet. The only reason I ate you is because you were gone and we could finish the game faster. :lol:
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

newarenanow wrote:
jwienand wrote:All I can say is I made it till the end in both games... Please don't kill me first next time because of this.
I thought the same thing when he and beerman pointed this out. That must mean people find you easy to manipulate.

jwienand and beerman... if you send me $100, I can guarantee you eternal happiness. It's totally fool proof!
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

bhaw wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
I thought the same thing when he and beerman pointed this out. That must mean people find you easy to manipulate.

jwienand and beerman... if you send me $100, I can guarantee you eternal happiness. It's totally fool proof!
The key to the game is to think outside the box.

That is why you were still my #1 suspect even after the Kicksave outing. It would have been exactly something I would have done.

beerman brought it up, and actually thought of it, and when I was reading through the thread this morning, I got a little excited that he figured it out.

No offense, but after reading the first to game threads, jwienand is easier to manipulate after you do something that brings trust, and doesn't seem to question it. That was a great move keeping him.

(Watch, now he is going to throw the wool over my eyes in WWIII and make me look like an idiot! :D )
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

bhaw wrote:
newarenanow wrote:

I had a pretty good idea you where the last wolf and once it got to the last 3 I tried to put it out there right away hoping jwie would read it and consider it before voting, but he voted to lynch me right away that I didn't stand a chance to convince him.

I believed it was you when there was 5 or 6 people left but I didn't think that I'd be able to convince enough people to swing and vote with me to lynch you. I actually typed out my theory when there was 5 of us left but decided not to do it then and hope I made it to the final 3 and then I would only have to convince 1 person. At that point I was really hoping the 3rd person wouldn't be jwienand because he'd been voting for me and calling me suspicious and I figured I was as good as done once we were the last 3.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

beerman wrote:
bhaw wrote:
newarenanow wrote:

I had a pretty good idea you where the last wolf and once it got to the last 3 I tried to put it out there right away hoping jwie would read it and consider it before voting, but he voted to lynch me right away that I didn't stand a chance to convince him.

I believed it was you when there was 5 or 6 people left but I didn't think that I'd be able to convince enough people to swing and vote with me to lynch you. I actually typed out my theory when there was 5 of us left but decided not to do it then and hope I made it to the final 3 and then I would only have to convince 1 person. At that point I was really hoping the 3rd person wouldn't be jwienand because he'd been voting for me and calling me suspicious and I figured I was as good as done once we were the last 3.
That was my theory too. When I had to leave, there were too many people left, and I couldn't vote for bhaw because he had just proven his "trust" to the others, and I figured if I went after him, w/o being able to defend myself, people would just laugh and say "lynch NAN". I was hoping the vote would drag out, and then I made it through the night.

It is a lot easier to convince a smaller group.

Then again. If I was smart, I would have thrown his name out there, got myself lynched, and when you saw I was a villager, it would have created suspicion (sp??).
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

newarenanow wrote:
beerman wrote:
bhaw wrote:
newarenanow wrote:

That was my theory too. When I had to leave, there were too many people left, and I couldn't vote for bhaw because he had just proven his "trust" to the others, and I figured if I went after him, w/o being able to defend myself, people would just laugh and say "lynch NAN". I was hoping the vote would drag out, and then I made it through the night.

It is a lot easier to convince a smaller group.

Then again. If I was smart, I would have thrown his name out there, got myself lynched, and when you saw I was a villager, it would have created suspicion (sp??).
Now I really wish one of us would have thrown this out earlier. If you had put it out there I would have jumped on board with the vote right away. With two of us trying it we might have had an easier time to convince everyone. Oh well we failed :(
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

We tried to keep pairs together. Kovy and NAN had to go at the same time because without Kovy, NAN could freely think and without NAN, Kovy would start picking apart other people.

That's why I kept jwienand as your buddy beerman.

I actually had a lot more ammo and a plan but the game went into turbo mode, so the best plan ended up being to just go so fast no one could discuss me as an option.

NAN - I was thinking if I was a villager, I would have lynched Senka myself at some point. He was causing more harm than good at times!
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

bhaw wrote:nan - if you still suspected me, I got lucky you left. When I was trying to get rid of you and kovy, I was originally going to eat kovy and keep you around because I thought you were a safer bet. The only reason I ate you is because you were gone and we could finish the game faster. :lol:
The reason I still suspected you so strongly too was the timing of the "outing". You were one or two votes away from being lynched. You went on your rant about Kicksave, and swayed a ton of people. I knew at that point that I wasn't getting them back on that vote, so I went with the flow.

If Kicksave turned out to be a villager, then I wouldn't have suspected you, but because he was a wolf, that pretty much sealed it for me that you were the #1 suspect.

Also, if you would have "outed" him when the heat was on someone else, I would have dropped you down to the bottom of my suspect list, just because I thought it would have been a lucky guess.

Things added up way too much with the timing, you almost being lynched, and then you swayed the vote and found a wolf.

beerman saw it too.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

I can't believe you got so lucky with me and Idiot
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

bhaw wrote:We tried to keep pairs together. Kovy and NAN had to go at the same time because without Kovy, NAN could freely think and without NAN, Kovy would start picking apart other people.

I actually had a lot more ammo and a plan but the game went into turbo mode, so the best plan ended up being to just go so fast no one could discuss me as an option.

NAN - I was thinking if I was a villager, I would have lynched Senka myself at some point. He was causing more harm than good at times!
Can't blame you for keeping me and jwienand, it worked perfectly, you took 2 people who had been trying to get each other out for a few days of the game. I was really hoping you'd eat him on that last night but when I saw you didn't I figured my chance to convince him was pretty slim.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

bhaw wrote:We tried to keep pairs together. Kovy and NAN had to go at the same time because without Kovy, NAN could freely think and without NAN, Kovy would start picking apart other people.

That was the key, keeping the pairs, and I think that was the most impressive strategy you guys thought of. Kovy kept going after me, so I was constantly on guard. And it made people think one of us was a wolf, if not both of us. It kept the spotlight off of you guys.

And with Senka, I would have lynched him quickly if Leopard didn't out him as a villager, because like you said, he was causing more harm than good. :D
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

beerman wrote:

Can't blame you for keeping me and jwienand, it worked perfectly, you took 2 people who had been trying to get each other out for a few days of the game. I was really hoping you'd eat him on that last night but when I saw you didn't I figured my chance to convince him was pretty slim.
Like I said in another post, I think that is what truly won them the game. They paired up people that didn't trust each other, and kept them in the game. It kept the focus off of them.

Kovy was pretty much convinced I was a wolf, at least until towards the end, but it kept me on guard, and focused the attention on us.

I didn't really pay attention to you and jweinand's fued, but it worked the same. He was convinced you were the wolf, stuck to it, and when it got down to the end, bhaw was pretty much safe.

That strategy is what I think truly won them the game.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

I'm just wondering if NAN and me outed bhaw as the wolf shortly after kicksave got lynched how many people would have voted with us or if they would have just lynched us the next 2 times?

Also bhaw, if someone would have outed you what was your plan for that person, it probably wouldn't have made a ton of sense to eat that person the next night as the village may have caught on
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

newarenanow wrote:
bhaw wrote:nan - if you still suspected me, I got lucky you left. When I was trying to get rid of you and kovy, I was originally going to eat kovy and keep you around because I thought you were a safer bet. The only reason I ate you is because you were gone and we could finish the game faster. :lol:
The reason I still suspected you so strongly too was the timing of the "outing". You were one or two votes away from being lynched. You went on your rant about Kicksave, and swayed a ton of people. I knew at that point that I wasn't getting them back on that vote, so I went with the flow.

If Kicksave turned out to be a villager, then I wouldn't have suspected you, but because he was a wolf, that pretty much sealed it for me that you were the #1 suspect.

Also, if you would have "outed" him when the heat was on someone else, I would have dropped you down to the bottom of my suspect list, just because I thought it would have been a lucky guess.

Things added up way too much with the timing, you almost being lynched, and then you swayed the vote and found a wolf.

beerman saw it too.
yeah... I knew at points some of what I said was "too perfect to be true." But it seemed like a majority of people were believing the outwardly obvious stuff as opposed to the subtle stuff I threw out there. I knew someone would pick up on it, but mob rules.

Like I said, I had a lot more scheming going on but felt it would have the opposite effect on a majority of the people.

I wanted to sell kicksave out when I had no heat on me, but you and kovy ruined it by turning on me twice in a row. I was torn between selling kicksave out then or letting people think that your "kill nan! kill kovy! kill nan! kill kovy! ok, we'll both kill bhaw" was too suspicious. But like I said, the more subtle plans were harder to execute. I was convinced I was a goner the 2nd time and wanted to at least pave a clear path for kicksave.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

newarenanow wrote:
beerman wrote:

Like I said in another post, I think that is what truly won them the game. They paired up people that didn't trust each other, and kept them in the game. It kept the focus off of them.

Kovy was pretty much convinced I was a wolf, at least until towards the end, but it kept me on guard, and focused the attention on us.

I didn't really pay attention to you and jweinand's fued, but it worked the same. He was convinced you were the wolf, stuck to it, and when it got down to the end, bhaw was pretty much safe.

That strategy is what I think truly won them the game.
It definetly did, we didn't really have much of a fued or at least not near what you and kovy had :lol: but he kept saying he found me suspicious even when there was 5 or 6 of us left and was throwing some votes out for me. At that point I already was pretty convinced it was bhaw and was hoping for my plan of waiting till the final 3 to work and decided my best bet of that working was to try and lynch jwie but I couldn't get enough people to get him out, we were one vote away at one point.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

beerman wrote:I'm just wondering if NAN and me outed bhaw as the wolf shortly after kicksave got lynched how many people would have voted with us or if they would have just lynched us the next 2 times?

Also bhaw, if someone would have outed you what was your plan for that person, it probably wouldn't have made a ton of sense to eat that person the next night as the village may have caught on
Thinking back, that is where I screwed up royaly. When I was leaving, I was looking at how the flow of the game was going, and it was taking FOREVER. So I threw out my #2 suspect, (I know I voted for you at first, but that was to prove a point in the afterlife thread), but I was hoping people wouldn't be online that much, or people would fight over someone.

If I threw bhaw out, he gained too much trust with too many people, and w/o me able to defend myself, I would have been gone quickly. I was hoping this game was still going on in the morning.

And that is where I screwed up. If I would have thrown his name out, people would have lynched me, and then when it was revealed I was a villager, it coudl have put that thought in people's minds.

I was thinking too much of my survival and not enough of the village, and that was my downfall. :(