** SLUG WARZ III - GAME THREAD **

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: ** SLUG WARZ III - GAME THREAD **

Post by Troy Loney »

Troy Loney wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:TW is way to convenient with posts. Look at the people who targeted Senka yesterday.

Yeah...thats where i'm at...also because yesterday i thought senka was a slug, but now i'm almost positive that he isn't....TW was his inclination yesterday, and i'd like to see where he was going with that...right now i'd rather see if he's right than for him to be salted.
See if senka is right, and not salt senka that is.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I'd really love to hear the explanation from the guys that voted for Senka when it was an all but given thought that CK was a slug. Most of us knew plain as day he was protected. The funnier thing was that Senka was calling people out, and it just so happened that people started salting him.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

so yeah...i'll start it today

salt twisted wrister
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

salt twisted wrister

On the fact that posting has been sparse and called out for senka while trying to protect CK.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Malkamaniac wrote:I'd really love to hear the explanation from the guys that voted for Senka when it was an all but given thought that CK was a slug. Most of us knew plain as day he was protected. The funnier thing was that Senka was calling people out, and it just so happened that people started salting him.

In retrospect you can say that...but it was by no means a given that pavel was trying to protect cupkeeper...there were still 4 slugs in the game at that point and cupkeeper only had 4 votes at the time...they could have tried to manipulate the vote...i think they knew pavel's time as fake seer was short, so they used to off a villager that they wanted to get rid of.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Malkamaniac wrote:salt twisted wrister

On the fact that posting has been sparse and called out for senka while trying to protect CK.
works for me salt TW
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Troy Loney wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:I'd really love to hear the explanation from the guys that voted for Senka when it was an all but given thought that CK was a slug. Most of us knew plain as day he was protected. The funnier thing was that Senka was calling people out, and it just so happened that people started salting him.

In retrospect you can say that...but it was by no means a given that pavel was trying to protect cupkeeper...there were still 4 slugs in the game at that point and cupkeeper only had 4 votes at the time...they could have tried to manipulate the vote...i think they knew pavel's time as fake seer was short, so they used to off a villager that they wanted to get rid of.

After we salted Pavel, various people stated including myself that CK was protected, a good bit of people agreed and said they would vote for him. Turns out, people started switching to Senka, why? It was all about protection. Atleast 2-5 votes last yesterday were used to manipulate the Senka vote.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

salt TW
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

It was definitely a strong theory, and cupkeeper was very high on my list as stated yesterday for the very reasons you state, Pavel jumped in to save him. At the same time, there were/are two other slugs out there that we have no idea who they are. I'm in the party that if you have a very strong inclination that someone is a slug, and they are laying low, you can let them slide a round or two. Pavel was different because he was active and causing mass confusion, so it was best to get him out right away.

Troy had a strong argument for Senka and I jumped on board with it, putting some blind faith into him.

I stated numerous times that if it got close and it was up in the air, I'd switch to cupkeeper. Unfortunately, I didn't log on once I got home from work and went to bed around 10. When I last checked, cupkeeper has a huge lead and Senka wasn't in any danger, so I didn't switch thinking it would pretty much end that way.

I'm all for salting TW or mac this round. It is very suspicious that they jumped in late to switch/vote for cupkeeper to tie it up. I personally think one of the two are definitely a slug.

I'm leaning towards mac though because why would TW jump blantantly jump out and expose himself (he he) just to save a already condemned slug?
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

Sorry about yesterday, had to stay a bit late at work, help a buddy move some stuff, then got home just in time to watch the pens game. Pens game > slug wars :(

I'm good with the TW vote...The last vote for Senka trying to save his slug friend it seems?

salt TW
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I'm leaning towards mac though because why would TW jump blantantly jump out and expose himself (he he) just to save a already condemned slug?
While I find it hard to believe as well, it just seemed very awkward with how the whole voting went down. Also Zarovich is high up on my list for what seemed to be a strange inclination towards me right before the eating.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

TW - 5 (Troy Loney, Beerman, Crayz, Malkamaniac, slappybrown)
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Malkamaniac wrote:
While I find it hard to believe as well, it just seemed very awkward with how the whole voting went down. Also Zarovich is high up on my list for what seemed to be a strange inclination towards me right before the eating.
Sounds good. If TW isn't a slug, I'd definitely look into mac then the next day.

salt TW
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

redwill wrote:If all the remaining folks agree, we can go to a 12-hour limit and a majority vote this day phase.

If not all the remaining folks agree to do that, we'll do it anyway NEXT day phase.
I agree
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

TW - 6 (Troy Loney, Beerman, Crayz, Malkamaniac, slappybrown, NAN)
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

MWB wrote:
redwill wrote:If all the remaining folks agree, we can go to a 12-hour limit and a majority vote this day phase.

If not all the remaining folks agree to do that, we'll do it anyway NEXT day phase.
I agree
x2
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

beerman wrote:
Yeah, it would be really nice if the seer could give us at least 3 or 4 names to clear right now to narrow this vote down. Also it would kind of seem that we're not on to who the alpha is since they haven't recruited yet, I would think if we're close to the alpha they would have recruited.
How would that be beneficial? If the seer throws out names of people that are clear the slugs will recruit and those cleared names will be suspects again. Doesn't seem like much of an advantage. However, if the seer does have another slug s/he should come out now since the numbers are low.
beerman wrote: Couple things stuck out to me last night, the vote is 6-3 for cup keeper and mac switches to make it 5-4 and a lot closer possibly to promote a tie the slugs were hoping for. Then with the vote 5-4 TW comes in out of pretty much nowhere and goes to Senka for the tie.
I agree with this. A vote for mac or TW makes complete sense based on how the voting went down.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

MWB wrote:
beerman wrote:
Yeah, it would be really nice if the seer could give us at least 3 or 4 names to clear right now to narrow this vote down. Also it would kind of seem that we're not on to who the alpha is since they haven't recruited yet, I would think if we're close to the alpha they would have recruited.
How would that be beneficial? If the seer throws out names of people that are clear the slugs will recruit and those cleared names will be suspects again. Doesn't seem like much of an advantage. However, if the seer does have another slug s/he should come out now since the numbers are low.

[/quote]

yeah...if you really want to clear some names...go pull take a look at the intial voting for cupkeeper & pavel...who are the people that got the band rolling on those votes...we got lucky and called out two slugs early on...i plan on going back to take a look at those votes...
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

quote fail/
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

MWB wrote:
beerman wrote:
beerman wrote: Couple things stuck out to me last night, the vote is 6-3 for cup keeper and mac switches to make it 5-4 and a lot closer possibly to promote a tie the slugs were hoping for. Then with the vote 5-4 TW comes in out of pretty much nowhere and goes to Senka for the tie.
I agree with this. A vote for mac or TW makes complete sense based on how the voting went down.
I agree it makes them suspects again but it also helps to narrow things down, with 14 people left if they clear 4 we've got a better chance at getting one. Although today may not be the best time to do it since we have a general consensus already that TW is the best way to go at the moment. Maybe it makes more sense a day or two from now when we could have the seer clear 4 people out of 10 and we'd have a 1 in 6 shot of getting a slug. I don't want to see the seer go and we lose all of the information they may have gathered. But obviously they couldn't have found a slug or else they wouldn't still be quiet, at least I'd hope so.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

The slugs can only recruit once, correct?
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Re-posting this with a larger font so hopefully no one misses it.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

newarenanow wrote:The slugs can only recruit once, correct?
correct

I was just looking back at some old votes the first on the Pavel vote where LITT and shafnutz who were the next two to be slimed after that.

Just for the heck of it I went the whole way back to the first vote, both Pavel and cup keeper voted for pfidc to be salted. Now do we think the other slugs would pile on with them for a bandwagon? if so sdm, mac, corvi, dagny and dan also voted with them, which now sdm and dan are gone. So Corvi, Dagny and Mac were also voting with them.

If we think they split their votes, Dan was up there as well, juice, myself, pfidc, TW, nan, Troy and LITT voted there, so with juice, pfidc and LITT gone that leaves me, nan TW, and Troy.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

redwill wrote:

Re-posting this with a larger font so hopefully no one misses it.
agree
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

beerman wrote:
newarenanow wrote:The slugs can only recruit once, correct?
correct

I was just looking back at some old votes the first on the Pavel vote where LITT and shafnutz who were the next two to be slimed after that.

Just for the heck of it I went the whole way back to the first vote, both Pavel and cup keeper voted for pfidc to be salted. Now do we think the other slugs would pile on with them for a bandwagon? if so sdm, mac, corvi, dagny and dan also voted with them, which now sdm and dan are gone. So Corvi, Dagny and Mac were also voting with them.

If we think they split their votes, Dan was up there as well, juice, myself, pfidc, TW, nan, Troy and LITT voted there, so with juice, pfidc and LITT gone that leaves me, nan TW, and Troy.
This theory supports dags being a slug as well.