**VOODOO WARZ GAME THREAD**

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: **VOODOO WARZ GAME THREAD**

Post by thehockeyguru »

canaan wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:EPP makes sense. I also think that Canaan should be in play. The vote was on Obhave and Rylan, then for some reason a 3rd vote pops out on Kraftster. It makes sense to me that a Red would try and move the vote in another direction especially when Obhave was Red.
that makes crap sense on a quick moving, day 1 vote. trying to sway the bandwagon on a day 1 is a moronic move by a red.
Given the virtual toss up between Ryland and obhave, I dont think it would have taken much to sway the bandwagon and worth a shot.

On a separate note, why did you move from Rylan to Kraftster late?
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

5 EPP-- SDD, MRandall, Shaf, mac, CBear
5 Shaf-- EPP, tfrizz, Rylan, ulf, Troy Loney
1 ulf-- redwill
1 canaan-- thehockeyguru
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

thehockeyguru wrote:
canaan wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:EPP makes sense. I also think that Canaan should be in play. The vote was on Obhave and Rylan, then for some reason a 3rd vote pops out on Kraftster. It makes sense to me that a Red would try and move the vote in another direction especially when Obhave was Red.
that makes crap sense on a quick moving, day 1 vote. trying to sway the bandwagon on a day 1 is a moronic move by a red.
Given the virtual toss up between Ryland and obhave, I dont think it would have taken much to sway the bandwagon and worth a shot.

On a separate note, why did you move from Rylan to Kraftster late?
i didnt consider it "late" when i did it, it just happened to be so. my logic was that mrandall seemed very convinced about kraftster. his "im not changing my vote" rang genuine to me. i didnt want to call him out on it because i was assuming i picked up on the seer who sniped a baddy on night 1. it wasnt until after the write-up and what not that i saw he switched his vote, thus making me look like a following mutant.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

canaan wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:spear mrandall

To me, it's either the reds basically sabatoged their effort by trying to flip the vote late to rylan, or a bunch of blues really helped the bad guys by essentially defending a red.

Does canaan have an explanation for piggy backing redwill's rylan vote?
piggy backing? not jumping on a day 1 bandwagon because the girl got outed on day 1 last time she played and it labeled piggy backing? tell me more.
Because Redwill voted for rylan and then the next post was your vote.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

i didnt want to vote for obhave for previously stated reason. when i voted, it was the first time reading the thread past kaizer's original post. meh.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

canaan wrote:i didnt want to vote for obhave for previously stated reason. when i voted, it was the first time reading the thread past kaizer's original post. meh.
You haven't voted yet this phase, what did you gather from day 1?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Ok, but I wasn't taking satellite shots of your activity so I'm only able to gauge your vote by it's placement in the thread.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

release ulf
spear canaan
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

5 EPP-- SDD, MRandall, Shaf, mac, CBear
5 Shaf-- EPP, tfrizz, Rylan, ulf, Troy Loney
2 canaan-- thehockeyguru, redwill
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:EPP and redwill are both suspect IMO.
EPP a little more so.

Spear EPP. Color please
can someone explain to me outside of EPP and redwill's normal posting style why they are suspect at this point?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

thehockeyguru wrote:
canaan wrote:i didnt want to vote for obhave for previously stated reason. when i voted, it was the first time reading the thread past kaizer's original post. meh.
You haven't voted yet this phase, what did you gather from day 1?
i just read the thread...and i dont have an opinion more than just a wild guess.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

canaan wrote:
EPP a little more so.

Spear EPP. Color please
can someone explain to me outside of EPP and redwill's normal posting style why they are suspect at this point?
I've noticed that I'm always suspect. Probbaly because I'm so active early on.

The game is always interesting. It doesn't pay to point out the inconsistancies in another posters story line. (like I have with Shaf)
When you see glaring errors and point them out, it turns the suspicion on you. Even if your story is beyond reproach (note that as of yet, the only reason anyone is voting for me is because I'm active, not that anything I've done makes me appear red)

I've given in to the fact that the best I'll ever be able to do (as a good guy), is expose a red on my way out. Of course, whether or not anyone acts on that information is beyond my control, I just have to be satisfied with the personal knowledge that I had it 'right'.

So far in these games, I've only once ever agressively gone after someone who turned up green, and that was Canaan.

Oh well. Can't wait for noon.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Make that "I can't wait for 2pm."
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

canaan wrote:
EPP a little more so.

Spear EPP. Color please
Anytime there is a bandwagon and you go against voting for a Red its going to stick out.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

thehockeyguru wrote:
canaan wrote:
EPP a little more so.

Spear EPP. Color please
Anytime there is a bandwagon and you go against voting for a Red its going to stick out.
On day one, it's impossible to know who is a red or who isn't. I would have voted for the top vote getter on day one except that person was also the day one vote in the prior game. I actually stated that in my 'vote post'. Instead, I went for the second highest vote getter and never waivered.

If that's suspect... well then, kill me. I think it was a show of 'good sportsmanship' and stated as much.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

You guys are looking way too hard at my Kraftster vote.

He was the second vote in the game, and by not knowing the strategy of "Just vote 1 person on day 1", I thought it was weird he was hopping on the bandwagon so fast.

In hindsight, it was wrong.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

But the question is, why the vote on Shad who basically did the same thing?

It pits the two of you against each other as a one or another scenario, but like I said I don't think either of you are red...which gives me another thought that I'll complete later.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

CBear3 wrote:But the question is, why the vote on Shad who basically did the same thing?

It pits the two of you against each other as a one or another scenario, but like I said I don't think either of you are red...which gives me another thought that I'll complete later.
That's directed to EPP
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

MRandall25 wrote:You guys are looking way too hard at my Kraftster vote.

He was the second vote in the game, and by not knowing the strategy of "Just vote 1 person on day 1", I thought it was weird he was hopping on the bandwagon so fast.

Exactly. I cant see Kraftster getting in on a Red that early if he was Red as well. I was thrown by your "I'm not switching off Kraftster" proclamation though.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

CBear3 wrote:
CBear3 wrote:But the question is, why the vote on Shad who basically did the same thing?

That's directed to EPP
In my mind anyway, the difference is that while I voted for the number two vote getter from the begining (for reasons stated above), Shaf changed his vote only after it was obvious that obhave was getting axed. A vote change like that is always highly suspect.

But again, that's just MHO.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

thehockeyguru wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:You guys are looking way too hard at my Kraftster vote.

Exactly. I cant see Kraftster getting in on a Red that early if he was Red as well. I was thrown by your "I'm not switching off Kraftster" proclamation though.
Because it was my first vote and I wanted to try and stick with it. Nothing more, nothing less.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

ExPatriatePen wrote:Shaf changed his vote only after it was obvious that obhave was getting axed. A vote change like that is always highly suspect.

If anything, that makes it less suspect. Why in the world would I change my vote to the second highest vote-getter after it was obvious that obhave would be getting axed? I might as well be holding up a neon sign advertising to the world that I am red at that point. It makes absolutely zero sense to take that risk from a red perspective.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

shafnutz05 wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:Shaf changed his vote only after it was obvious that obhave was getting axed. A vote change like that is always highly suspect.

If anything, that makes it less suspect. Why in the world would I change my vote to the second highest vote-getter after it was obvious that obhave would be getting axed? I might as well be holding up a neon sign advertising to the world that I am red at that point. It makes absolutely zero sense to take that risk from a red perspective.
We've all seen people get within a vote or two of getting axed and then along comes a movement that shifts the vote to another person.

She was still 25% short of the eight votes neccessary. Far enough that shifting the vote to a second suspect was still possible.

I stuck with my original vote and wasn't campaigning at all that first day. You on the other hand, sir... :)
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

yellow EPP
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

canaan wrote:yellow EPP
This makes us even on the game I went after you (believing you were red) when in fact, we were both green. :)