TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by the wicked child »

Top Shot has been excellent so far. Can't wait for next week's episode.
Spoiler:
Trick shots
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

Criminal Minds finale
Spoiler:
they should have left the hanger of "did Emily die" it seems cliffhangers are a thing of the past. Still great episode and a good season
Justified was awesome as well.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

I just read that The Office, Parks and Rec, and Community have been officially renewed for next year.

The Office was a lock, Parks was almost certain, but Community was questionable from everything I read. Glad all 3 got an early renewal.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Anyone see the Comedy Central Roast of Donald Trump? Pretty run-of-the-mill roast stuff, but worth seeing for two reasons. One: The Situation bombs with an absolutely PAINFUL set. It's actually hard to watch at times. Two: Pittsburgh's own Anthony Jeselnik completely kills in his first appearance on a roast and earns the respect of the established roast comedians.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Jeselnik made his bones despite looking like anthony Michael hall from weird science. Very dark stuff.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

I saw that -- he was pretty good.

No one will ever top Norm McDonald's roast of Bob Saget, however.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/03/ ... D620110321" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NBC News quoted sources close to Sheen as saying that CBS had offered the actor back his job on the hit comedy "Two and A Half Men", but no deal had been struck and discussions were ongoing.
This is excellenté news
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Just saw a commercial for "The Paul Reiser Show" starting in a couple weeks after Community. First off, if a show is premiering now, thats got flop written all over it. Outside of THe Drew Carrey Show, I think the biggest curse you can put on a sitcom is name it "The (star of the shows name) Show. It would make at least a little sense if it was just Paul Rieser in a new sitcom, but how in the world is this garbage happening?

Also on a side note, I saw that promo cuz im watching SNL. Musical guest Chris Brown. He's introduced, begins with saying "this song is for all you ladies out there" (he actually got applause :roll: ) The first lyrics:

Its 3 in the mo'nin,
and Im feelin ho'ny
Why don't chu come to my base
and put a smile on my face

Is this really the way this is handling his scandals, and he's actually getting away with it?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:I just read that The Office, Parks and Rec, and Community have been officially renewed for next year.

The Office was a lock, Parks was almost certain, but Community was questionable from everything I read. Glad all 3 got an early renewal.
i think im the only person in the world thats disappointed perfect couples didnt get renewed.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Anyone watch stop light? It's actually mildly entertaining
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

DudeMan2766 wrote:Just saw a commercial for "The Paul Reiser Show" starting in a couple weeks after Community. First off, if a show is premiering now, thats got flop written all over it. Outside of THe Drew Carrey Show, I think the biggest curse you can put on a sitcom is name it "The (star of the shows name) Show. It would make at least a little sense if it was just Paul Rieser in a new sitcom, but how in the world is this garbage happening?

Also on a side note, I saw that promo cuz im watching SNL. Musical guest Chris Brown. He's introduced, begins with saying "this song is for all you ladies out there" (he actually got applause :roll: ) The first lyrics:

Its 3 in the mo'nin,
and Im feelin ho'ny
Why don't chu come to my base
and put a smile on my face

Is this really the way this is handling his scandals, and he's actually getting away with it?
jeez my cracker behind could write rhymes that rival that.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:
cheesesteakwithegg wrote:I just read that The Office, Parks and Rec, and Community have been officially renewed for next year.

i think im the only person in the world thats disappointed perfect couples didnt get renewed.
U are not. Its not a show I HAD to see, but I watched every episode because of Olivia Munn (cue lgp thread) But it was pretty funny. The characters were very likeable. I knew it couldn't have had a big following, but considering the other crap on tv, i thought it'd stay. Maybe if it was on a lesser network. It def got laughs week in and week out from me.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Just started watching Criminal Minds. I really like this show.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

PensFanInDC wrote:Just started watching Criminal Minds. I really like this show.
My wife is addicted to that show. It's pretty good.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I completed Season 2 of Sleeper Cell last night. What a disappointing conclusion.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

DudeMan2766 wrote:

U are not. Its not a show I HAD to see, but I watched every episode because of Olivia Munn (cue lgp thread) But it was pretty funny. The characters were very likeable. I knew it couldn't have had a big following, but considering the other crap on tv, i thought it'd stay. Maybe if it was on a lesser network. It def got laughs week in and week out from me.
i am also a supporter of outsourced but if they are going to cut any show it should be outsourced and move PC to 1030
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

MWB wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:Just started watching Criminal Minds. I really like this show.
Better than CSI imo.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

PensFanInDC wrote:
MWB wrote:
Better than CSI imo.
I enjoy it, starting to turn on to the Suspect Behavior one too, the episode last week was just disturbing.

And as for CSI, I enjoy LV, will watch NY, and cannot stomach Miami.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

Nope. My wife and I both really like it. It started off very uneven and slow, but now that the character relationships have been established it is pretty funny. I would like to see where another season goes... too bad that won't happen.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

i watched 5 straight hours of Deadliest Warrior last night. would have watched more, but it would have been bad staying up until 1:00AM when i needed to get up at 5 for work. vlad the impaler v. sun tzu was my favorite episode of the ones i watched. the show is entertaining for a few reasons...

-the science behind it is pretty neat.
-i'm interested in ancient weaponry
-it's funny watching the two sides argue like they were really maori tribesmen or roman centurions

and it posed a question. is there anyone in the world who mixes being a total badass and a total nerd more than a medieval weapons expert?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

I'm glad PC is gone...i'd rather they just move parks and rec to 830 then 30 rock after the office...that way the shows aren't going to 11. I don't give a **** about outsourced, they can keep it or get rid of it, but i want 30 rock over at 10 so i can get that extra 1/2 hour of sleep.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

what a terrible season of californication. i guess it would be too much to ask for the plot to evolve a little. if you take away the gratuitous nudity, showtime's sunday night lineup has nothing going for it these days.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Has anyone seen An Idiot Abroad? There is a marathon coming up on Friday at 2:30PM. I think there are only 8 or 9 episodes. They take a British guy who complains about everything, is not impressed by anything, and they send him all over the world like China, India, Brazil, Egypt and create difficult conditions for him (bad hotel rooms, etc) and film it all. It's a practical joke on him, yet it is filmed like a really cool documentary that shows quiet a lot of interesting stuff. The India episode was awesome.

I think I missed a couple, but am going to either try to catch the whole thing on TV or I'll buy a DVD.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

shmenguin wrote:what a terrible season of californication. i guess it would be too much to ask for the plot to evolve a little. if you take away the gratuitous nudity, showtime's sunday night lineup has nothing going for it these days.
it was a season of nothingness. :thumbdown:
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Troy Loney wrote:I'm glad PC is gone...i'd rather they just move parks and rec to 830 then 30 rock after the office...that way the shows aren't going to 11. I don't give a **** about outsourced, they can keep it or get rid of it, but i want 30 rock over at 10 so i can get that extra 1/2 hour of sleep.
I'm with you. I didn't mind Perfect Couples. I thought it was decent, but I wish it was moved to another night. I can't stay up that late to wait for 30 rock.

Thursday NBC had too many shows on in one block. Spread it out a little. CBS has a good block on Monday and Thursday.

NBC should do the same.