Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Post by Pavel Bure »

Malkamaniac wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:
Haha when you eliminate the Goon detective, another goon, and almost save the Superstar Doctor from being killed by a goon RP, it makes it hard for people to suspect you. I am happy I was converted when I was, because any earlier and I might not have bought enough cred
There is no doubt that you deserve a lot of credit, but I still cant believe how quick the votes were and how quick villagers jump on people with little or no evidence. Later, this played right into your hands.

You made it completely easy for us to keep you alive. Ask Kicksave, we literally every kill night said Keep THG and redwill up. This is hilarious. In the end, playing for yourself made you like a goon.

What did you see in redwill, that made you target him almost everytime?
What is thinking about the game in a logical fashion?
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Nothing. I knew even by me voting for him that a vote would never come against him. The only time I actually kept my vote on Redwill the whole day was when they voted off Senka. I was hoping that as long as people saw a Villager vs Villager fight they would keep their attention on other things going on and how people reacted to us fighting.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

What is thinking about the game in a logical fashion?
I think more than anything, the whole Redwill/THG thing obviously gave everyone something to rally around, goons and hero's alike. When I first started THG I was in the same boat, I was outbursty loud and confusing. It got me killed, but I learned. Welcome to the neighborhood.

:thumb:
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

thehockeyguru wrote:
Nothing. I knew even by me voting for him that a vote would never come against him. The only time I actually kept my vote on Redwill the whole day was when they voted off Senka. I was hoping that as long as people saw a Villager vs Villager fight they would keep their attention on other things going on and how people reacted to us fighting.

a villager vs. villager fight isn't good though. You caused confusion. People thought you specifically were a goon. Then people just grew tired of it and wanted it to end.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

a villager vs. villager fight isn't good though. You caused confusion. People thought you specifically were a goon. Then people just grew tired of it and wanted it to end.
I see your point, but I was banking on the fact that the SuperStars wouldn't vote off a known SuperStar. I was wrong.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

thehockeyguru wrote:

I see your point, but I was banking on the fact that the SuperStars wouldn't vote off a known SuperStar. I was wrong.
You weren't a known superstar. No one cleared you. Not to mention it behooves the town to remove players that cause massive confusion.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

thehockeyguru wrote:

Whenever confusion is caused, people assume you're doing it to cause chaos. Then when you haven't been voted off and you're still doing it? Suspicious.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

There is no doubt that the village doesnt like confusion, and I dont think it helped that people didn't understand what I was trying to achieve. People try and get rid of what they dont understand. This is going to make for an interesting strategy in the next game. There is no doubt I will be the first off for sure.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Pavel Bure wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:

You weren't a known superstar. No one cleared you. Not to mention it behooves the town to remove players that cause massive confusion.
I was under the impression that from the start you thought I was a townie, and Shaf did too. Shaf just had enough of me calling out Redwill. After the Senka vote I should have toned it down.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

thehockeyguru wrote:
I was under the impression that from the start you thought I was a townie, and Shaf did too. Shaf just had enough of me calling out Redwill. After the Senka vote I should have toned it down.
I knew you were townie because of how you were acting. That doesn't mean you're clear. The only players that can clear someone 100% are the cop or JOAT. Other than that it's deductive reasoning and patterns of play.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

thehockeyguru wrote:There is no doubt that the village doesnt like confusion, and I dont think it helped that people didn't understand what I was trying to achieve. People try and get rid of what they dont understand. This is going to make for an interesting strategy in the next game. There is no doubt I will be the first off for sure.
Again stop trying to twist this like it was some brilliant play on your part. It wasn't.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

Creating confusion is never good if you are a villager. Period. It is not some time-honored good strategy.
If you are a villager you should:
1. Bandwagon hard the first 2 days.
2. Kill the quiet ones for the next 5 days.
3. Get some serious discussion going based on what people say up to that point (the baddies will have to talk because they know they will get killed if they are quiet)
4. Kill the baddies as they are tripping over themselves trying to cover up this and recruit that and blah blah blah.
5. Win the game.
6. Read congratulations thread.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Juice wrote:Creating confusion is never good if you are a villager. Period. It is not some time-honored good strategy.
3. Get some serious discussion going based on what people say up to that point (the baddies will have to talk because they know they will get killed if they are quiet)
4. Kill the baddies as they are tripping over themselves trying to cover up this and recruit that and blah blah blah.
5. Win the game.
THG, Juice does provide a good starting point for you to play a proper townie game. I will say these are not set in stone but are a good starting point for someone like you who is new to the game.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Juice wrote:Creating confusion is never good if you are a villager. Period. It is not some time-honored good strategy.
5. Win the game.
i got 1,2 and 3...not i have to work on 4 5 and 6 ha ha
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Pavel Bure wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:There is no doubt that the village doesnt like confusion, and I dont think it helped that people didn't understand what I was trying to achieve. People try and get rid of what they dont understand. This is going to make for an interesting strategy in the next game. There is no doubt I will be the first off for sure.
Again stop trying to twist this like it was some brilliant play on your part. It wasn't.
I am not saying anything I did was brilliant. I did what I thought would help me survive and help the team. My tactics were good but my overall strategy didnt work and my team lost. I dont think anything I did can be categorized as brilliant.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

thehockeyguru wrote:
I am not saying anything I did was brilliant. I did what I thought would help me survive and help the team. My tactics were good but my overall strategy didnt work and my team lost. I dont think anything I did can be categorized as brilliant.
What?
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

thehockeyguru wrote: I dont think anything I did can be categorized as brilliant.
ok...let's just leave it at that...
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

5. Win the game.
Yup.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

What?
ok...let's just leave it at that...
I dont want to have to go into a whole tactics vs strategy rant. I will chalk this up as a lesson learned and proceed on happily.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

jaysmiter wrote:
5. Win the game.
Yup.
Whats the whole point of the 2 day bandwagon? What does that achieve. Wouldnt it be better to start killing the quiets from day 1? Or are you implying a bandwagon on the quiets?
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

5. Win the game.
We were so successful doing this the first handful of games we played here. Why everyone got away from it and think we need to have elaborate discussions on day 1 still baffles me.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

thehockeyguru wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:
5. Win the game.
Yup.
Whats the whole point of the 2 day bandwagon? What does that achieve. Wouldnt it be better to start killing the quiets from day 1? Or are you implying a bandwagon on the quiets?
To avoid 20 pages of confusing noob crap during the first 2 days :pop:
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

thehockeyguru wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:
5. Win the game.
Yup.
You're playing checkers here. You have to play chess. Bandwagoning gives something to go back and look at later in the game in order to deduce affiliations.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

btw, THG, next game make sure that when you quote, you leave the person's name in the quote. when you don't it gets confusing which will cause a good bid of frustration with you and get you axed
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Malkamaniac wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:
Haha when you eliminate the Goon detective, another goon, and almost save the Superstar Doctor from being killed by a goon RP, it makes it hard for people to suspect you. I am happy I was converted when I was, because any earlier and I might not have bought enough cred
There is no doubt that you deserve a lot of credit, but I still cant believe how quick the votes were and how quick villagers jump on people with little or no evidence. Later, this played right into your hands.

You made it completely easy for us to keep you alive. Ask Kicksave, we literally every kill night said Keep THG and redwill up. This is hilarious. In the end, playing for yourself made you like a goon.

This is the truth.