TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by PensFanInDC »

stopper40 wrote:
Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Is it just me or did Katie Cassidy lose a lot of weight between season 1 and 2 of Arrow? She looks...odd in season 2, at least to me.
I think she looks odd period. She doesn't do much for me. I like her sister much better
Thanks for the spoiler...
Spoiler:
There is no way you say that based on the 2 minutes of screen time she had before dying. She has to still be alive.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

PensFanInDC wrote:
stopper40 wrote:
Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Is it just me or did Katie Cassidy lose a lot of weight between season 1 and 2 of Arrow? She looks...odd in season 2, at least to me.
I think she looks odd period. She doesn't do much for me. I like her sister much better
Spoiler:
There is no way you say that based on the 2 minutes of screen time she had before dying. She has to still be alive.
:lol: Oops.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

Her looks changed big time. Still hot to me, though I preferred her in season 1.
stopper40 wrote:
Sarah does nothing for me. Weird face.
PensFanInDC wrote:
stopper40 wrote:
Spoiler:
Damn dude, is your wife still falling asleep while you re-watch the show with her? We were going at the same pace for a while there and I'm just about finished with season 2. Hurry up. You're missing some awesome stuff.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

tfrizz wrote:Arrow...
Spoiler:
Atom AND Captain Boomerang!!! Didn't expect Boomer to be introduced in Arrow...
Spoiler:
I'm 2 episodes back on Flash so I'm not sure if he's (boomberang) been on there yet. I see next week is the big flash/arrow crossover. I figured that made sense with boomerang being introduced as he's historically been flashes big enemy, that should be good. Although I was surprised he didn't have an Australian accent?

Brandon Routh is great and I'm really excited to see what they can do with Atom budget wise.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Dickie Dunn wrote:
Her looks changed big time. Still hot to me, though I preferred her in season 1.
stopper40 wrote:
Sarah does nothing for me. Weird face.
PensFanInDC wrote:
stopper40 wrote:
Spoiler:
Damn dude, is your wife still falling asleep while you re-watch the show with her? We were going at the same pace for a while there and I'm just about finished with season 2. Hurry up. You're missing some awesome stuff.
She was also catching up with SOA. We also only have time for 1 or 2 1 hour long shows an evening. Most of the time just 1. That doesn't make for any kind of binge watching.

I'm watching Arrow on my own now. I'll rewatch and catch up with her. Nearing the end of S1 now. Just started to hint at...
Spoiler:
Sarah being alive...
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

PensFanInDC wrote:
stopper40 wrote:
Spoiler:
What spoiler?
Spoiler:
I agree she's most likely still alive
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I'm catching up on Gotham after missing the last two episodes. I still think the show is getting better and better.

The Penguin is definitely the best character in the show.
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

I just binge watched The Killing. Pretty good show overall, had some lulls at times, but thats expected with crime dramas.

I just wish that this was an HBO show, once Netflix took over for season 4 the language really started flowing.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

She did.
Spoiler:
She dropped a bunch of weight to make Laurel's substance abuse problems seem more realistic.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

eddysnake wrote:
tfrizz wrote:Arrow...
Spoiler:
Atom AND Captain Boomerang!!! Didn't expect Boomer to be introduced in Arrow...
Spoiler:
I'm 2 episodes back on Flash so I'm not sure if he's (boomberang) been on there yet. I see next week is the big flash/arrow crossover. I figured that made sense with boomerang being introduced as he's historically been flashes big enemy, that should be good. Although I was surprised he didn't have an Australian accent?

Brandon Routh is great and I'm really excited to see what they can do with Atom budget wise.
Spoiler:
I'm hoping to apparent lack of accent is because of the short dialogue. It wouldn't feel right if he didn't have that stereotypical Aussie accent.

Boomer hasn't been on The Flash yet - I'm not sure if he's even been referenced on it - which is why it was surprising to see him introduced on Arrow. The crossover episodes in 2 weeks should see him come into play on both shows, though.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

newarenanow wrote:I'm catching up on Gotham after missing the last two episodes. I still think the show is getting better and better.

The Penguin is definitely the best character in the show.
Robin Lord Taylor (Penguin) and Ben McKenzie (Gordon) have really put their show on their backs and carried it through the growing pains.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Loaf31 wrote:I just binge watched The Killing. Pretty good show overall, had some lulls at times, but thats expected with crime dramas.

I just wish that this was an HBO show, once Netflix took over for season 4 the language really started flowing.
Agreed. It's a well done series with some strong acting, especially from Joel Kinnaman (Holder). I only picked it up after the first two seasons were on Netflix so the series moved swiftly for me, but I can see how the single case spread over the first two seasons turned a lot of viewers off.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Finally got around to the 11/2 ep of Gotham last night, after having watched the 11/11 ep of The Flash the night before. Strong one for Gotham, and kind of a meh one for Flash.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Finished the Matt smith 11th doctor run. The last season had its ups and downs and got a little slow and boring in parts and then rushed it all together too fast at the end, but it still wrapped everything up and was enjoyable. It was cool seeing John hurt play a doctor. I now look forward to going back and watching David Tennant take as the 10th doctor. I really liked what I saw of him the last season.
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

TBS canceled Sullivan and Son. I know that the majority of people weren't fans, but I actually liked it and thought it was picking up steam.

That show would do great on Netflix
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

Remember when Netflix broke up their dvd service and streaming and everyone thought they were doomed? Funny joke
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:Remember when Netflix broke up their dvd service and streaming and everyone thought they were doomed? Funny joke
Are you referring to Qwikster?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

35% of all US internet traffic is Netflix.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I am the 35%
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

I am the 35%
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
I am the 35%
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Loaf31 wrote:TBS canceled Sullivan and Son. I know that the majority of people weren't fans, but I actually liked it and thought it was picking up steam.

That show would do great on Netflix
It had it's moments, but I probably wouldn't have watched it if it didn't involve Steve Byrne.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Oliver Queen
Spoiler:
is a girlfriend stealing dbag
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

So I forgot to DVR arrow, and decided to watch it last night on demand. Halfway through there's an EBS test and kicks me out of the show and you can't just resume or fast forward so basically I have to watch the first half again to get to the part I left off at. First world problems.
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

Chefpatrick871 wrote:So I forgot to DVR arrow, and decided to watch it last night on demand. Halfway through there's an EBS test and kicks me out of the show and you can't just resume or fast forward so basically I have to watch the first half again to get to the part I left off at. First world problems.
When I watch something On Demand where you can't ff/rw somethimes if you use the up/down arrow that you can scroll through 10 minute segments. Not the arrows surrounding the ok/select button in the center but the ones on the outside of that.