WW III OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

newarenanow wrote:
Juice wrote:
newarenanow wrote:Also, I think someone said the game was more messed up than we knew.

Was it because Troy Loney was a wolf, and jaysmitter was switched.
yes, but canaan couldn't auto-kill the remaining wolf, so he had to play it off like he killed a regular villager...
Oh I definitely agree. Canaan did a good job at fixing that issue.

Canaan, is that what was holding you up that one day?
the bar :lol:
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I feel happy.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Juice wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
Juice wrote:
newarenanow wrote:Also, I think someone said the game was more messed up than we knew.

Was it because Troy Loney was a wolf, and jaysmitter was switched.
yes, but canaan couldn't auto-kill the remaining wolf, so he had to play it off like he killed a regular villager...
Oh I definitely agree. Canaan did a good job at fixing that issue.

Canaan, is that what was holding you up that one day?
the bar :lol:
lol. naw. i got the wolf thing resolved kinda quickly. i srsly wasnt near a computer at all that day. ...i had the shakes (and not from a lack of booze).
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

Start 4. ***clown.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Couple of questions:

-jaysmitter, did you do the alphabetical thing just to make it easy to eat people, or did you do that to point something out when the heat got on you??

- Letang and bhaw, what did you want to comment on about jaysmitter's angel post?

- Kicksave, was the person you were talking about that was a regular poster, who was it? Also, why was it the worst played game ever?

- Did anyone truly believe I was the angel?

- Wolves, what was the plan going into this, or didn't you guys have one?

- OH, and if you guys start 4, and need a mod, I'll do it.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

START 4 ***clowns! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I was working off the assumption that you were an angel, and was immediately suspicious of anyone else who even hinted at being an angel.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

we did it!!! :D
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

LeopardLetang wrote:we did it!!! :D
You did nothing. Again. :lol: :lol:
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

unlynch NAN
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

LeopardLetang wrote:we did it!!! :D
Letang, what did you want to comment on about the angel post??/
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

Who was the angel?
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Kovy27 wrote:Who was the angel?
Admin
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Kovy27 wrote:Who was the angel?
You serious?
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

I told you that I had a gut feeling if was jay. I voted for him the last couple of lynchings but switched to appease the mob. this time though I stuck with it.

I wish jay wouldnt have said good game though
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Loaf31 wrote:I told you that I had a gut feeling if was jay. I voted for him the last couple of lynchings but switched to appease the mob. this time though I stuck with it.

Same here. I was awaiting the write up .

I like that anticipation.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

newarenanow wrote:
Loaf31 wrote:I told you that I had a gut feeling if was jay. I voted for him the last couple of lynchings but switched to appease the mob. this time though I stuck with it.

Thus the worst ending.

As far as the worst game played, it just wasn't as fun as the first two games. Maybe it was too many people. Maybe we're just running out of steam for playing 3 games in a row. Who knows, but this game didn't keep me on my computer like the first two.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

jaysmitter, where are you????

I want to know your thoughts on the game??
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Kicksave wrote:
newarenanow wrote:

Thus the worst ending.

As far as the worst game played, it just wasn't as fun as the first two games. Maybe it was too many people. Maybe we're just running out of steam for playing 3 games in a row. Who knows, but this game didn't keep me on my computer like the first two.
I agree. I think because it started on a Friday, and went VERY Slow that day, and then nothing happened over the weekend, it started off very slow.

I just wasn't into it, and didn't really get a feel for anyone because they were all dead.

It got fun today at the end when things picked up, and people's personalities were coming out, but it wasn't nearly as good as the other two games.

I agree the village should be smaller, and it should start on a monday.

And, I know people are lined up, but if I can ever get a chance to mod the game, I'd love to.

I'd love to see it from the perspective of god, and know who everyone is, and see how people react.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Even the Reunion show sucks.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

jaysmiter wrote:I'm not 100% sold that NAN is the angel. Just because he said he was doesn't necessarily mean he is. And the argument "well, if he wasn't, the real angel would have stepped up and said something" because that's not true. What reason would the real angel have in doing that? If NAN wants to say he is the angel, that's 2 people that are protected if NAN isn't the angel. If he's a wolf, it's a good tactic...considering that no one would want to actually come out and say "I'm the actual angel" because, let's face it, who would the village believe?
at this point in the game, there was only one werewolf left. assuming NAN was a werewolf, the real angel could say, lynch me or NAN. when you see i'm the angel, you'll lynch NAN next and win. or lynch NAN and see that he's not the angel, and also win.

if NAN was just a villager messing around, it could get very complicated, though, and the angel might stay hidden if worried about this possibility
Dan H
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Dan H »

I've lurked without posting in this thread, but I'm curious how the wolves picked their first few kills. Did you guys get lucky on the seer? Did you munch Juice just because his analysis hit way too close to home, or did you figure out he was the vigilante? And NAN, were you just protecting yourself every night after you revealed your identity?
When it was 12 or so villagers against one wolf, I was tempted to suggest a method whereby the village could guarantee a high probability of the villagers winning. I think if everyone used some random method (for example, throwing dice) to produce a lynching order, posted it, and those lists were combined into a master list by a previously agreed-upon method, you could minimize the chance that the remaining wolf could win via manipulation or politics. The wolf would have to end up in the bottom two on that list to win the game, and if only the wolf posted a dishonest list (not generated by some truly random method), the chances of that would be pretty low. Of course, that might make the endgame kind of boring, and it presumes the wolf is skilled enough that he's got better than average odds of avoiding the mob.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

MINE WAS LUCKY IN GAME 1... WE JUST KINDA THRW A NAME OUT RANDOMLY. ID SAY THEY GOT LUCKY.

sorry for caps i didnt notice it. my bad.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

Dan H wrote:I've lurked without posting in this thread, but I'm curious how the wolves picked their first few kills. Did you guys get lucky on the seer? Did you munch Juice just because his analysis hit way too close to home, or did you figure out he was the vigilante? And NAN, were you just protecting yourself every night after you revealed your identity?
When it was 12 or so villagers against one wolf, I was tempted to suggest a method whereby the village could guarantee a high probability of the villagers winning. I think if everyone used some random method (for example, throwing dice) to produce a lynching order, posted it, and those lists were combined into a master list by a previously agreed-upon method, you could minimize the chance that the remaining wolf could win via manipulation or politics. The wolf would have to end up in the bottom two on that list to win the game, and if only the wolf posted a dishonest list (not generated by some truly random method), the chances of that would be pretty low. Of course, that might make the endgame kind of boring, and it presumes the wolf is skilled enough that he's got better than average odds of avoiding the mob.
so you're in for WWIV
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Dan H,

My theory was, since we were going into the weekend, and I wasn't going to be around to talk my way out of any lynchings, I figured I'd just throw it out there that I was the angel.

My plan was to protect myself every night until the seer revealed a wolf or two. From there, I was going to see how the game was going, and randomly protect myself, or the seer and hope the wolves chose wrong.

But the seer got it right after that, so I protected myself the rest of the nights.

There is no need to protect the vig, because they won't out themselves, and I have just as much chance to get killed as he does. And there is no point in protecting a regular villager.

And once the vig was dead shortly after, I protected myself the remainder of the nights.