The Walking Dead

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by columbia »

I watched the preview earlier, while eating a steak.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

First good episode. Very happy they're away from the Prison.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

Anything happen after Michonne got to the house? Stupid shows running 1-2 min long.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Definitely glad they're out of the prison.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Hockeynut! wrote:Anything happen after Michonne got to the house? Stupid shows running 1-2 min long.
Not really. She knocked, Rick looked, laughed, and told Karl "it's for you"... and episode.

I always add at least a min on my DVR for that reason.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Hockeynut! wrote:Anything happen after Michonne got to the house? Stupid shows running 1-2 min long.
Nah. Just rick laughing about it.

Nice episode. Too much heavy lifting for a still not good actor Carl. But the story was on point.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

Thanks!

I enjoyed the ep. I had to lol at the idiots on facebook complaining, "What about everyone else? Why only focus on 3 characters?" It's obvious that's how the show's going to be for a few weeks, probably for budgetary reasons, but I like the more intimate episodes anyway. I hope they don't go all LOST with the flashbacks though.
sniper
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by sniper »

I don't understand why they didn't all go to Woodbury instead of walking aimlessly through the woods. I know it's burnt down, but they don't. Plus they thought ahead enough to have a bus ready to take out of there at any time if need be that was loaded with supplies, but they didn't know where they would go? That seems strange to me.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

They will likely all end up in the same place eventually (perhaps minus casualties)... but with the chaos that ensued at the prison, everyone was splintered and it may take some time for that to happen... and there is plenty of story to tell in getting there. Sure, the people in the bus can easily get wherever, but everyone else is on foot... and in the case of Rick, he was pretty beat up.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by knives of ice »

i'm expecting the next 3 episodes or so to show close calls with zombies as the group is separated and then they magically find each other. basically, the usual nothing happening.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

I'm not so sure about the bus being that safe. Glen was on the bus and every preview has shown him waking up on a roof/awning with walkers below. So something happened to the bus.

Also, they showed a clip of the younger girls, the one who saved Tyrese in the prison fight, and there were only 2 of them and it looked like they were holding a backpack.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

My guess, with 8 episodes they have at least 4 with everyone's story to probably go back to the farm since they all know where it is, except Tyrese, Bob, Sascha, the girls and the red shirts on the bus, but they should all be with a group that knows.

Next we will see Darryl and Beth, then I think Geln and Maggie then Tyrese and the girls and Carol rescues him which will be awkward since he doesn't know who killed Karen yet. Who did Bob go off with?

Then a few episodes of useless drama, some new characters show up and then they set off for wherever they go next.

But then there's still this to work in :
Spoiler:
canibals :)
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

the bus was just full of glen a bunch of randoms, right?

yeah...all the randy's are gonna be dead next week.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

red shirts a Trek reference I assume?
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

relantel wrote:red shirts a Trek reference I assume?
Of course :D
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

DelPen wrote:
relantel wrote:red shirts a Trek reference I assume?
Of course :D
:thumb:
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Overall, I thought the episode a good one. The focus on just two [subgroupings] of them allowed a finer focus than possible if all the cast was detailed at once. Sure, there were times I thought it a bit slow. But you're going to have to have that.

And holy crap, wide shoulders and small head on the actress that plays Michonne. (She was on Talking Dead last night)
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I liked it a lot, as the fear of immediate danger is one of the appealing parts of a zombie takeover; it beats watching them plant crops.
WDWBurghGooner
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by WDWBurghGooner »

"It's for you" was a great line that made me lol.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

columbia wrote:I liked it a lot, as the fear of immediate danger is one of the appealing parts of a zombie takeover; it beats watching them plant crops.
Carl playing pied piper was actually suspenseful, more so than it should have been. I expected Rick to come save him but he made it out himself.

Michonne was walking around a bit non-chalantly though like she gave up on life with with people, she was no different than the walkers until she sliced and diced all of them and went back to the Grimes trail.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

Two things bugged me about last night's episode (not enough to hurt my enjoyment, just nitpicks).

1. Herschel's zombie head. Since when do the severed head's stay zombies? Is every head Michonne chops off still "alive" and capable of biting people? That seemed pretty silly.

2. The fact that Michonne was wandering around with a zombie horde which didn't attack her because of her pets. I can't understand why the other zombies wouldn't attack her. They did attack when she lost her ish and started killing them, but until then they treated her like a fellow zombie. Why? If that's the case, then all of the survivors should be able to just keep a jawless, armless pet zombie with them and they're be able to walk around freely, whenever they want and without any danger right?
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

The governor had fish tanks full of severed zombie heads for his enjoyment. Gotta get the brain.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

The decapitated heads have always been reanimating.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

Hmm, don't know how I missed that.

One thought I did have last night was that Michonne really should have been giving sword training lessons in the prison because she can do a lot more damage with that sword and everyone else can do with their guns and limited ammo.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

A lack of swords good enough for that use might be a reason...