The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Post by Malkamaniac »

eyes man wrote:Did you buy it???
DID YOU?
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

Malkamaniac wrote:
eyes man wrote:Did you buy it???
DID YOU?
:scared: :scared: :scared:
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

lol :fist:
jamespensfan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jamespensfan »

DudeMan2766 wrote:Man, he was awful today. Since Madden wasn't on a turned to that and heard them mention the WC. I kept it on hoping to hear something insightful abuot the backup plans or some optimism to raise my spirts about the weekend from callers. What I got was a bunch of fear mongering. He was basically mocking anyone who paid over face value for their tickets and like jamespensfan said, like he was hoping it would be moved to the CEC and people would be out of money. I guess some caller told him he paid over $400 over face for his tickets and Seibal wouldn't shut up about it, he was stunned. I wouldn't have done it, I paid about 150 over for mine, and I'm perfectly fine with that. But he needs to realize people either A: have that kinda money to spend, or B: This event means alot to them that they are willing to part with it. IF this thing gets screwed up and cancelled, I'd be way more dissapointed in not geting to go than losing out on my money.
I am glad I wasn't the only one that heard that. I heard him go off on the call that paid the $400 over face value and taunting the guy.

I was lucky enough to buy the tickets at face value, but I will be majorly disappointed if the unspeakable happens. I have been waiting for this since July since I got the tickets.

And to hear that *ss taunting people really riled me up. This is a great event for the city and the Pens and our fans. And for a host to be mocking people and being giddy over a potential cancellation is just not acceptable. At the same time, his station is making money over the event.

I can't wait until he loses his job here. He is just bitter because ESPN fired him and his beloved Bengals suck again.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

I really cant stress enough how bad i want seibel, vinnie & alexander off the fan. I really like having a 24/7 fm local sports station. I can't stress enough how awful these guys are at talking sports. They either don't know anything about pittsburgh sports (seibel/ricichi) or is just such a huge old man d-bag (alexander).

Yesterday seibel was on by himself talking penguins and the return of staal. Seibel was criticizing the production of the "buzz" line. He wants staal to bring back on to the third line to increase production. I don't think this guy has ever watched staal play hockey.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Haha yeah. "They're fun to watch, but other than that, they don't really do anything. They don't score..." :face:
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

When/where is Savran returning?

I'm going with:

Stan 10-12
NHL Live 12- 2
MM 2-3
NPR 3-5
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

columbia wrote:When/where is Savran returning?

I'm going with:

Stan 10-12
NHL Live 12- 2
MM 2-3
NPR 3-5

fresh air :thumb:

savran will be on 970, i'm not sure when that starts.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Was listening earlier. Some yinzer called in and cried about how he's tired of hearing about hockey when it's not even hockey season. :face:

Although the host came back with "well, you'll really be upset when they play hockey in your stadium this weekend." :lol:
Marshall Dylan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Marshall Dylan »

Troy Loney wrote:
columbia wrote:When/where is Savran returning?

I'm going with:

Stan 10-12
NHL Live 12- 2
MM 2-3
NPR 3-5

fresh air :thumb:

savran will be on 970, i'm not sure when that starts.
Stan is fresh?
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Marshall Dylan wrote:
Stan is fresh?
<insert photo of Stan wearing Kareem Abdul-Jabbar model blue-suede Adidas>
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

columbia wrote:
Marshall Dylan wrote:
Stan is fresh?
<insert photo of Stan wearing Kareem Abdul-Jabbar model blue-suede Adidas>
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Vhat?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Vhat?

terry gros, the host of fresh air...she looks very butch.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Paul Zeise. :face: I listened to him being interviewed, and aside from the technical difficulties which made the show sound like two guys with a ham radio that cut out every 30 seconds, this guy is awful. I never noticed his writing for good or for bad on the PG, but he is completely unintelligible. His tongue has to be too big for his mouth.

"Is it the same short list, or has this list expanded?"

"Well, the liuahiud uqduqdhoj wjhq qieuqio bcnmbvsj wuiow. And, ioeuioe jkshjsg."

Thanks Paul.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

I think I figured out what's really bugging me about the morning show: Giannotti is boring and makes the rest of the show robotic. This hit me around New Year's when Teh Fan was playing rewind clips from 2010 and they had a segment from the original ABC. In that clip, ABC had great pacing with interesting give-and-take and everyone seemed to enjoy being there. Contrast that with the show now, which has GG showing next to no personality, Alexander and Colony clearly disengaged, and the format basically reduced to GG-talks-then-others-respond-lather-rinse-repeat.

Ick.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Eismann wrote:I think I figured out what's really bugging me about the morning show: Giannotti is boring and makes the rest of the show robotic. This hit me around New Year's when Teh Fan was playing rewind clips from 2010 and they had a segment from the original ABC. In that clip, ABC had great pacing with interesting give-and-take and everyone seemed to enjoy being there. Contrast that with the show now, which has GG showing next to no personality, Alexander and Colony clearly disengaged, and the format basically reduced to GG-talks-then-others-respond-lather-rinse-repeat.

Ick.
I'd love to have Miller in the morning, although he seems like the kind of guy that wouldn't want to wake up. I like Miller, I like what he says, and I think he's interesting. He's probably one of the better guys on that station, and even listening to him talking about his old days and players he used to loathe, it's pretty awesome.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

I like Miller's dry sense of humor, plus he has intersting insights on the game that he is just better able to articulate than most retired athletes...i want miller and filiponi on for the drive time show....
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

Miller's awesome. He's got the best personality on the sports air locally, imo.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Troy Loney wrote:I like Miller's dry sense of humor, plus he has intersting insights on the game that he is just better able to articulate than most retired athletes...i want miller and filiponi on for the drive time show....
Did they move him to an earlier time slot on the drive home? I've been hearing him more and more on the drive home.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

Malkamaniac wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:I like Miller's dry sense of humor, plus he has intersting insights on the game that he is just better able to articulate than most retired athletes...i want miller and filiponi on for the drive time show....
Did they move him to an earlier time slot on the drive home? I've been hearing him more and more on the drive home.
He might do mondays during drive time these days. It seems like Miller is kind of working this radio thing around his home/personal schedule, so kenny the kangaroo really does not think we will see an expanded role for him. Thats a shame because he really is by far the most entertaining cat on the station and he also is the most engaging with callers.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Malkamaniac wrote:

I think they said the other day that they'll bring him on at 4 to talk NFL playoffs during....playoff season. Maybe that was just the other day, we'll see at 4.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Troy Loney wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:

I think they said the other day that they'll bring him on at 4 to talk NFL playoffs during....playoff season. Maybe that was just the other day, we'll see at 4.
I'd be willing to bet that this time during the play-offs is to gauge how the ratings would be if he starts at that specific time.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

I feel like I need new avenue to voice my displeasure with such talk show people like Seibel, Alexander & Vinny.

Every minute these schlubs are on the air is one less minute that could be done by either a competent, non condescending, or knowledgable person respectively.