TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: TV Shows

Post by shoeshine boy »

largegarlic wrote:Anyone watch Orphan Black? I'm almost through the first season (which is on Amazon Prime). I knew it had gotten a bit of buzz as a serious Emmy snub. So far, I don't think it's quite that good, but it's a solid sci-fi show elevated by an amazing performance by the main actress, who is also quite attractive.
we've watched both seasons of it. really like it so far. the main actress is really good in all those roles. love the campiness of her foster brother as well.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:about halfway through s1 of blacklist. good stuff. spader is the man
Spader is the King of Smarmy. he totally makes that show.
one warning about the rest of the season: you'll have to suspend reality a little because the agents' lack of proper procedure is almost comical. they must have been trained by the Law & Order:SVU detectives.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

shoeshine boy wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:about halfway through s1 of blacklist. good stuff. spader is the man
one warning about the rest of the season: you'll have to suspend reality a little because the agents' lack of proper procedure is almost comical. they must have been trained by the Law & Order:SVU detectives.
I LOVE the show. I really do. But I can't help but laugh at it every episode. The lack of procedure and attempt at realism is horrendous. FBI field agents DONT TAKE PERSONAL CALLS WHILE IN THE FIELD! That ish happens all the time.

I also think Spader or Reddington have a serious neck issue. Dude can't seem to hold his head upright to save his life.

relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Watched the Gotham pilot and much of the 2nd episode over the weekend. Good enough for an extended look from me. On top of How to get away with Murder & Forever.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

the wicked child wrote:HoW...
Spoiler:
Well... that took an unexpectedly morbid turn. I didn't like Ezra's character much, but was certainly not expecting roast Mormon on the menu. Ruth taking down Snow was somehow satisfying... though I wonder what implications it will have for her going forward.
Also.. I am beyond sick of these random breaks in AMC's seasons... just play the gd shows through. Have to wait till Nov 8 for the next episode.
Yeah, was not expecting that. As for the breaks, it's not just AMC, it's most cable channels.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

I can deal with the breaks... about the only side benefit of being far behind!
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Peaky Blinders (aside from being an incredibly gnarly name) is pretty boss. Just watched the 1st episode, but I think I'm going to like it.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Need a new series to start.

Peaky Blinders vs. Boardwalk Empire
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

Probably the former.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

CONFIRMED, Twin Peaks coming to Showtime in 2016

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5939736" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

PensFanInDC wrote:
shoeshine boy wrote:
I LOVE the show. I really do. But I can't help but laugh at it every episode. The lack of procedure and attempt at realism is horrendous. FBI field agents DONT TAKE PERSONAL CALLS WHILE IN THE FIELD! That ish happens all the time.

I also think Spader or Reddington have a serious neck issue. Dude can't seem to hold his head upright to save his life.
i really havent had a problem with the reality thing yet
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

viva la ben wrote:CONFIRMED, Twin Peaks coming to Showtime in 2016

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5939736" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Guess now I have a reason to watch it. I've always been really interested in the show, but people's displeasure with how it ended prevented me from ever giving it a look.
largegarlic
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by largegarlic »

shoeshine boy wrote:
largegarlic wrote:Anyone watch Orphan Black? I'm almost through the first season (which is on Amazon Prime). I knew it had gotten a bit of buzz as a serious Emmy snub. So far, I don't think it's quite that good, but it's a solid sci-fi show elevated by an amazing performance by the main actress, who is also quite attractive.
we've watched both seasons of it. really like it so far. the main actress is really good in all those roles. love the campiness of her foster brother as well.
Yeah, the brother is great for comic relief when things are getting tense.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

PensFanInDC wrote:Need a new series to start.

Peaky Blinders vs. Boardwalk Empire
peaky is a quick jaunt. 6 1 hr epis on netflix. boardwalk is a bigger undertaking.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

eddysnake wrote:Peaky Blinders (aside from being an incredibly gnarly name) is pretty boss. Just watched the 1st episode, but I think I'm going to like it.
:thumb: The Shelbys are an entertaining bunch.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Anyone still watching Homeland?

Double episode premiere last night - first episode was intense. Looks to be back on track.
Spoiler:
We've discussed weapons handling and FBI procedures in this thread, but I would like to talk about baby handling procedures. :lol:

Carrie has a nanny (well, her sister hired the nanny to watch Carrie and Brody's baby) and she defers to the nanny during a diaper change because the nanny's "the expert." Meanwhile, the "expert" nanny has the baby sitting up, centered, with its legs perpendicular hanging over the middle of the changing table. Like the hardest and stupidest way to change a diaper effectively. I'm surprised Claire Danes, a mother of a toddler, didn't have them fix the scene. Very disconcerting....then later, Carrie puts the baby in its seat in the FRONT seat of the car, which is a big no-no. And the seat wasn't installed correctly, as the baby kicked the seat and visibly rocked it in place. Yikes. :lol:
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

canaan wrote:
eddysnake wrote:Peaky Blinders (aside from being an incredibly gnarly name) is pretty boss. Just watched the 1st episode, but I think I'm going to like it.

I don't know if he was in it towards the end of this season, but I see Tom Hardy is in season 2.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

viva la ben wrote:CONFIRMED, Twin Peaks coming to Showtime in 2016

Lynch will be writing and directing all 9 episodes as well. Things fell a part a bit in season 2 when the studio forced the killer reveal sooner than later and with Frost and Lynch moving on to other things, you definitely noticed a dip in quality. I'm excited. Now Showtime Anytime needs to allow dish sign ins.

Also while reading about this, I came across a Nintendo article talking about twin peaks influence on link's awakening. Didn't realize how popular the series (and movie) was in Japan.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

eddysnake wrote:
canaan wrote:

I don't know if he was in it towards the end of this season, but I see Tom Hardy is in season 2.
Negative, but I think I know where he could be involved
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

newarenanow wrote:
the wicked child wrote:HoW...
Spoiler:
Well... that took an unexpectedly morbid turn. I didn't like Ezra's character much, but was certainly not expecting roast Mormon on the menu. Ruth taking down Snow was somehow satisfying... though I wonder what implications it will have for her going forward.
Also.. I am beyond sick of these random breaks in AMC's seasons... just play the gd shows through. Have to wait till Nov 8 for the next episode.
Yeah, was not expecting that. As for the breaks, it's not just AMC, it's most cable channels.
Spoiler:
I am thinking our new railroad police chief is going to have to arrest her for murdering a man in the middle of town? A law man at that...No proof he is the one who lit the fire. I wasn't thinking that until I saw Campbell run down all disgusted like.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Is Twin Peaks on streaming Netflix?
largegarlic
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by largegarlic »

shafnutz05 wrote:Is Twin Peaks on streaming Netflix?
I was wondering about this too, so I checked, and yes, it is. I guess I'll have to get around to watching this before the new episodes, but I'm just not sure if I like Lynch based on a handful of his movies that I've seen. However, so many people whom I think have generally good taste like his movies and love Twin Peaks, so I feel like I should give him another shot.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I don't like Lynch but I LOVED Twin Peaks. Humor, sci fi, horror, romance, and drama.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Amused by the cameo in the Blacklist tonight.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

blackjack68 wrote:Amused by the cameo in the Blacklist tonight.
is that hair even real?
after yesterday's observation about Red always leaning his neck this was all I could notice last night for the. entire. episode.