2023 Non-Penguins Related Thread

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
dark_forces
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: 2023 Non-Penguins Related Thread

Post by dark_forces »

FLPensFan wrote:
KG wrote:Sounds like Comtois isn't getting a qualifying offer from Anaheim. If so, he will be a UFA July 1. He's someone that Dubas could target. Low risk, higher ceiling type of player.
His QO was 2.4M so makes sense that Anaheim didn't QO him. He's a low risk, high reward type of candidate that Dubas should be all over...youth, size, flashed skill for a year.
Agreed. I've liked him for awhile and I know you do as well. I would be all over this. Whether we keep Granlund or not, a player like Comtois is a welcome addition to the left side.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

Kevin Hayes to STL for a 2024 6th round pick per Kevin Weekes; there may end up being more. The original deal reportedly added a Sanheim for Krug swap and Philly retaining 50% on Hayes.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Daniel wrote:
KG wrote:Sounds like Comtois isn't getting a qualifying offer from Anaheim. If so, he will be a UFA July 1. He's someone that Dubas could target. Low risk, higher ceiling type of player.
If that’s the case and the qualifying offer is fine, why not give them a 7th for him before they do that? Better than Anaheim getting nothing.
I agree. Never understood why there aren't more of those type of trades. Unless they are still going to try to sign him, just below his qualifying offer amount.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Hayes traded to the Blues at 50% retention for a 6th round pick....definitely a buyers market if you have cap space.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

KG wrote:
Daniel wrote:
If that’s the case and the qualifying offer is fine, why not give them a 7th for him before they do that? Better than Anaheim getting nothing.
I agree. Never understood why there aren't more of those type of trades. Unless they are still going to try to sign him, just below his qualifying offer amount.
I doubt the Penguins or other teams want to qualify him either. They'll battle for a cheaper contract.

Another low-risk, high potential reward player Dubas should go after is Ottawa goalie Dylan Ferguson. He was not qualified simply because Ottawa had too many goalies in their system....Forsberg, Sogaard, Mandolese, and Merilainen were all considered ahead of him. Ferguson an original 7th round pick of Dallas. Turns 25 in September, and has 3 NHL games under his belt. Ferguson, Gauthier, Blomqvist, Murashov would be a decent stable of young goalies.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

FLPensFan wrote:Kevin Hayes to STL for a 2024 6th round pick per Kevin Weekes; there may end up being more. The original deal reportedly added a Sanheim for Krug swap and Philly retaining 50% on Hayes.
Hayes will only be $3.5mill AAV to the Blues for 3 more seasons. He had 54 points last year. 6'5 center only 31. He's worth more than a 6th. Cap space really is valuable. Good move by STL.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

Not completed yet, but sounding like PLD trade to LA is nearing the finish line. Haven't heard what the extension will be, but, going to Winnipeg is rumored to be Gabe Vilardi, Alex Iafallo, Adrian Kempe, and Rasmus Kupari.

1 forward out, 4 forwards in...sounds like more potential trades coming for WPG.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

FLPensFan wrote:Not completed yet, but sounding like PLD trade to LA is nearing the finish line. Haven't heard what the extension will be, but, going to Winnipeg is rumored to be Gabe Vilardi, Alex Iafallo, Adrian Kempe, and Rasmus Kupari.

1 forward out, 4 forwards in...sounds like more potential trades coming for WPG.
I don't think Kempe is involed. That would be a bit of an overpay. Sounds like it's Vilardi, Iafallo, Kupari as the main pieces.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

4th period says Montreal has multiple irons in the fire, with at least one deal close to being finalized....

EDIT: Interesting...Montreal acquires Alex Newhook from Colorado for 1st and 2nd rounder, picks 31 and 37 overall. Montreal also sends d-man Gianni Fairbrother to Colorado.
Pensfan4life8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Pensfan4life8771 »

Dubas needs to wake up and get rolling.

Lets see at least one move today Dubby dubby doooo!
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

Pensfan4life8771 wrote:Dubas needs to wake up and get rolling.

Du Du Bas Du Bas mich
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

David Pagnotta
@TheFourthPeriod
·
Follow
The #NJDevils are engaged in trade talks with multiple teams about Yegor Sharangovich. Sounds like a sign-and-trade is likely.
2:27 PM · Jun 27, 2023
Three Stars
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Three Stars »

Pierre-Luc Dubois will eventually go to the Kings once the details of the trade are worked out, and he’s getting an 8.5 million a year contract.

I have trouble accepting contracts that exceed the Crosby Salary Threshold ©️ for players that don’t exceed the Crosby Performance Threshold ©️, but maybe that’s just me.
bryn20015

Post by bryn20015 »

Pensfan4life8771 wrote:Dubas needs to wake up and get rolling.

I make a similar comment and I get flamed for it. New boss same as old boss. Bring back Hextall.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

MacKenzie Blackwood's RFA rights traded to San Jose for a 6th round pick. Devils weren't going to qualify him either way. Guess SJ want's more time to negotiate with him.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Three Stars wrote:Pierre-Luc Dubois will eventually go to the Kings once the details of the trade are worked out, and he’s getting an 8.5 million a year contract.

I have trouble accepting contracts that exceed the Crosby Salary Threshold ©️ for players that don’t exceed the Crosby Performance Threshold ©️, but maybe that’s just me.
Yeah, officially signed 8x8.5M. I get that he's only 25 and was unhappy quickly in his last two NHL stops, but that's a lot for a 2C with maybe 1C talent if he decided to show up more consistently.

Jets get Gabriel Vilardi, Alex Iafallo, Rasmus Kupari and a 2024 second-round pick. Not bad at all for them as they didn't have much leverage in dealing PLD who wouldn't sign a 1 yr deal for the upcoming season. At least he doubled his required destinations from 1 to 2 by adding LA to go with MTL so the Jets got a better return.
Three Stars
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Three Stars »

brwi wrote:
Three Stars wrote:Pierre-Luc Dubois will eventually go to the Kings once the details of the trade are worked out, and he’s getting an 8.5 million a year contract.

Yeah, officially signed 8x8.5M. I get that he's only 25 and was unhappy quickly in his last two NHL stops, but that's a lot for a 2C with maybe 1C talent if he decided to show up more consistently.
https://www.capfriendly.com/browse/acti ... it-percent" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This puts the deal in a better context. All centers sorted by the cap hit percentage at the time their contract was signed. PLD has the 21st highest cap hit percentage among centers with signed contracts.
Pensfan4life8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Not sure if this was talked about at all but Devils have told Miles Wood he can look for a trade partner prior to 7/1. Would love him on 3rd line as winger.
Pensfan4life8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Duclair also made available. Please give me this as a third line:
Wood - Kampf - Duclair. Be awesome
Pensfan4life8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Per Friedman

Tyler Toffoli has been traded to NJ for Yegor Sharangovich and a third
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Pensfan4life8771 wrote:Per Friedman

Tyler Toffoli has been traded to NJ for Yegor Sharangovich and a third
Real solid add for NJ.
Three Stars
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Three Stars »

Seth Rorabaugh was apparently the voter who had McDavid 5th on his Hart Trophy ballot. Hockey twitter is letting him have it.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

Three Stars wrote:Seth Rorabaugh was apparently the voter who had McDavid 5th on his Hart Trophy ballot. Hockey twitter is letting him have it.
PWHA releases all the tallys. Seth is indeed the one that voted McDavid in 5th place. In fact, Seth is the ONLY writer out of 196 ballots cast that didn't vote McDavid in first place.

That being said, the criticism he's getting is unjustified. I've interacted with Seth many times, and he's the furthest thing from an attention seeker, hidden agenda, clickbait seeker, or grudge holder. He apparently didn't vote for McDavid or Matthews in first place last year either.

He gets a vote; he's allowed to vote how he sees fit. These fans are acting like he cost McDavid the Hart or something.

If anyone wants to see the votes, you can find it here: https://t.co/LcRuTW4gWY (Scroll to bottom of the article, and there is a link for each trophy/selection that was voted on)
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Three Stars wrote:Seth Rorabaugh was apparently the voter who had McDavid 5th on his Hart Trophy ballot. Hockey twitter is letting him have it.
He also had a 5th place vote in the Lady Byng award for Hellebuyck, the only voter to pick a goaltender.
lemieuxReturns
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by lemieuxReturns »

you can have an opinion as long as it is the same one i have.