TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

what is it? ive never heard of it before.

the D&D ep of community was pretty great IMO. loved parks and rec this week as well
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Top Shot is a competition between a bunch of the top shooters in the world to determine who is "Top Shot". They use a variety of weapons (in season one, they used everything from rifles to crossbows to throwing knives to slingshots) in increasingly difficult challenges. The remainder of the show is standard reality fare, but the stuff with the weapons is pretty sweet.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

ooooo orpchar was telling me about that the other day. he said it was really cool. what channel is that on?
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

History Channel
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

If they would cut the episode length of top shot in half, I'd watch it.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

House was crazy last night.

Chicago Code was so "not another 'cop crosses the line but gets the job done'" insanity.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:what is it? ive never heard of it before.

the D&D ep of community was pretty great IMO. loved parks and rec this week as well

office, parks & rec & 30 rock is definitely the best lineup of shows going right now...i enjoy community, just not as much as the other 3.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

She-Ra came to instant netflix and started watching with my daughter last night. I always watched He-Man and don't remember much about She-Ra, but so far it's pretty good. The He-man storyline for some reason keeps me interested even though it's pretty ridiculous. You don't realize it back then, but the characters outfits are so over-the-top, it's comical. I'm definitly thinking of dressing like Adam (not He-Man) for halloween, gayest outfit ever?
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

My wife is a big fan of He-Man and She-Ra and we have bought most of the DVD sets. I forgot how awesome it was and all three of my kids are big fans.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

White Collar = $$$
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Anyone watched the season start of Justified tonight? Amazing. Freaking... Southern freaks!!!!! This will be another great season. There is some great acting in it and the whole atmosphere keeps me glued to the TV.

I'm trying to catch up on a bunch of shows, but I'm all up to date with V. I'm really into that one.
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

Archer has been awesome so far this season (2 episodes). Can't wait for it tonight
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

I've more or less given up on Episodes already. Didn't have it as keep until delete on the DVR, and it got rid of a couple epsiodes before i had finished the 2nd one. It seemed like it had promise, but it was a very slow developing first episode and a half. (It's still set on the DVR, but with those episodes missing, what's the point?)
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Anyone watch Mr Sunshine? I forgot to DVR and I hope it will be On Demand.
BadHands71
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by BadHands71 »

I've been watching Harry's Law on NBC, I'm enjoying it. Decent show, good mix of humor and "awww" moments.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Still haven't missed an episode of The Cape yet. I can't say that I'm proud of that.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Idoit40fans wrote:Still haven't missed an episode of The Cape yet. I can't say that I'm proud of that.
Join the club. Since it's going off the air I just wish they would shoot a conclusion episode so we get some closure but that didn't happen.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

It amazes me how many shows get picked up and then fail prior to finishing a season. Some shows are just so horribly bad in concept it amazes they ever get picked up. Do networks use focus groups?
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

i think i'm about to give up on shameless. the only character that is even the least bit compelling is lip, and he's in like 2 minutes per episode.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

PensFanInDC wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:Still haven't missed an episode of The Cape yet. I can't say that I'm proud of that.
Join the club. Since it's going off the air I just wish they would shoot a conclusion episode so we get some closure but that didn't happen.
Yeah when you posted that link indicating that it was going to be canceled, I basically decided that I'd watch it to the end. You know the last 6 episodes are going to be amazing and then its still going to meet its end.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I mean, just film an extra 30 minutes and...
Spoiler:
have the cape kill/defeat chess and vince goes back with his family a cleared man but he still is not identified as the cape so he continues to fight crime as a police officer and as the cape. That's all I ask.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

PensFanInDC wrote:I mean, just film an extra 30 minutes and...
Spoiler:
have the cape kill/defeat chess and vince goes back with his family a cleared man but he still is not identified as the cape so he continues to fight crime as a police officer and as the cape. That's all I ask.
Or
Spoiler:
Just kill vince off.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Sarcastic wrote:Anyone watched the season start of Justified tonight? Amazing. Freaking... Southern freaks!!!!! This will be another great season. There is some great acting in it and the whole atmosphere keeps me glued to the TV.
Yeah, this is a great show. Was a little confused by the first part (don't remember if that's how last season ended), but the rest of the show sets up a good looking season.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

shmenguin wrote:i think i'm about to give up on shameless. the only character that is even the least bit compelling is lip, and he's in like 2 minutes per episode.
i'm ready to give up on showtime original programming in general. it seems like every main character in every show is a 'flawed'(read: selfish) person with problems they are 100% responsible for, so it makes it very hard for me to sympathize. weeds is lousy now... has been for a couple years. nurse jackie stinks. the big c stinks. shameless looked awful from the previews. i hear californication is good, but i never got into it. i can only watch so much of a middle aged adult acting like a child.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

shmenguin wrote:i think i'm about to give up on shameless. the only character that is even the least bit compelling is lip, and he's in like 2 minutes per episode.
i kind of like shameless in the same way i used to like entourage. i dont care about anyone in the show, but dont mind watching the ridiculous antics every week.