Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by ExPatriatePen »

This one is especially annoying when it comes from a spouse or "significant other":

You talk about something for a long time, your spouse (or S.O.) knows your opinion because you've expressed it numerous times. Yet when the time comes to make a decision, they ask, knowing full well what the answer will be, "what do you think honey?" When you answer the response from them is predictable, "oh no, we're not doing that!!!"

Then why'd you even ask me? Just do what you want and be done with it.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

ExPatriatePen wrote:This one is especially annoying when it comes from a spouse or "significant other":

You talk about something for a long time, your spouse (or S.O.) knows your opinion because you've expressed it numerous times. Yet when the time comes to make a decision, they ask, knowing full well what the answer will be, "what do you think honey?" When you answer the response from them is predictable, "oh no, we're not doing that!!!"

Then why'd you even ask me? Just do what you want and be done with it.
My wife does this. She hates half the shows I watch. At night when we are laying in bed, she'll ask what I want to watch. I just look at her, knowing full well she'll complain and we'll end up watching what she wants.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

For some reason, it bothers me when someone tells the same story multiple times, and you know it so well that you can finish it for them.

Maybe it's because I've heard it 15 times already, or maybe it's just the fact they don't realize it, but it drives me nuts.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

I got one. PEOPLE WHO LEAVE THEIR SHOPPING CARTS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ISLE. For crying out loud. Why do I have to utter "excuse me please" several times while I'm shopping? I put my cart by the shelves so others could get by me.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

MRandall25 wrote:For some reason, it bothers me when someone tells the same story multiple times, and you know it so well that you can finish it for them.

Maybe it's because I've heard it 15 times already, or maybe it's just the fact they don't realize it, but it drives me nuts.
I'm definitely guilty of that. :oops:
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Sarcastic wrote:I got one. PEOPLE WHO LEAVE THEIR SHOPPING CARTS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ISLE.

This x 1000. And for that matter, why in the world do they go to the trouble to get tgem onto the isle in the first place? The salt water is terrible on the carts!
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I hate, hate, hate, when you are at a small gas station, and their is a line at the pumps, and the person pumping is finished, and then goes into the convience store to buy something w/o moving their car into a parking spot.

I understand at a larger gas station where there are other empty pumps. But when it is one of those stations where there are like only 4 pumps (Getgo in Monroeville by turnpike), and there is like 2 or 3 cars waiting, that causes me anger.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

shafnutz05 wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:I got one. PEOPLE WHO LEAVE THEIR SHOPPING CARTS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ISLE.

This x 1000. And for that matter, why in the world do they go to the trouble to get tgem onto the isle in the first place? The salt water is terrible on the carts!
:face:

You're just an 'ole Islander bigot. :)
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Sarcastic wrote:I got one. PEOPLE WHO LEAVE THEIR SHOPPING CARTS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ISLE. For crying out loud. Why do I have to utter "excuse me please" several times while I'm shopping? I put my cart by the shelves so others could get by me.
I just push the cart 10 feet away from them. They turn around and wonder what happened to it
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

When I leave work I turn left from the Liberty Avenue extension to Stanwix. The traffic coming at me is not allowed to make a left turn. There is a big sign that says “no left turns except buses” along with the universal circle-and-slash-over-an-arrow sign that signals “no left turn.” Yet people turn left there all the time. It doesn’t really affect me, but for some reason it really ticks me off when I see them doing that.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

shmenguin wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:I got one. PEOPLE WHO LEAVE THEIR SHOPPING CARTS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ISLE. For crying out loud. Why do I have to utter "excuse me please" several times while I'm shopping? I put my cart by the shelves so others could get by me.
I just push the cart 10 feet away from them. They turn around and wonder what happened to it
You know what. I think I'm going start putting random things in their cart from now on.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Seen on Facebook this morning:
the other day, the phrase "day time television" was mentioned in the faculty lounge. my excitement level for June 8 was taken up about 50 notches
CONGRATULATIONS, NO ONE GIVES A **** THAT YOU GET THE NEXT 2 1/2 MONTHS OFF. I'M SURE WE'LL HEAR ABOUT HOW STRESSFUL AND HORRIBLE YOUR JOB IS FOR THE OTHER 9 1/2 MONTHS OUT OF THE YEAR.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

my irrational pet peeve is how worked up shad gets over everyone elses facebook posts. just stop going there if you get so annoyed by it - you are asking to get flustered bro
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:my irrational pet peeve is how worked up shad gets over everyone elses facebook posts. just stop going there if you get so annoyed by it - you are asking to get flustered bro
Shad loves drama.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:my irrational pet peeve is how worked up shad gets over everyone elses facebook posts. just stop going there if you get so annoyed by it - you are asking to get flustered bro
I thought this thread was about pet peeves? I think I can enjoy Facebook and what it has to offer while also commenting on the people that peeve me. There are literally hundreds of updates each day on Facebook. I might pick one every couple of weeks that peeves me. I hardly think that's unreasonable.

My irrational pet peeve is people that complain about people posting irrational pet peeves in the irrational pet peeves thread.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

shafnutz05 wrote:Seen on Facebook this morning:
the other day, the phrase "day time television" was mentioned in the faculty lounge. my excitement level for June 8 was taken up about 50 notches
CONGRATULATIONS, NO ONE GIVES A **** THAT YOU GET THE NEXT 2 1/2 MONTHS OFF. I'M SURE WE'LL HEAR ABOUT HOW STRESSFUL AND HORRIBLE YOUR JOB IS FOR THE OTHER 9 1/2 MONTHS OUT OF THE YEAR.
I woke up today and got on facebook. A picture of someones car they are working on, a picture of someones dog just lying in the corner sleeping, the first of what im sure is at least 8 pics of this girls 3 year old just sitting there, and someone posting a very aloof status that makes you think they're talking about a person they're dating, or seeing, but wont just come out and say it. its not facebook it self,its these idiots who use it for these perposes. Not just these purposes, but for these purposes over and over and over and over, day after day.

I havent deleted facebook, and probabaly wont because it is a source of entertainment while bored at work or sitting around. I rarely post statuses unless its something funny or a picture that will get a good conversation started and help get me thru the day.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Shad just hates teachers...he told me so.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

shafnutz05 wrote:Seen on Facebook this morning:
Then when August rolls around, they all complain about having to go back to work. Such a rough life.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:Then when August rolls around, they all complain about having to go back to work. Such a rough life.
lol, this. Believe me, I completely understand the garbage that teachers have to put up with re: students, administration, etc. The problem is, people in other fields have to deal with the same stresses from upper mgmt, coworkers, employees, etc. The summer vaca thing just does it for me, especially after the constant complaining.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

everyone complains about their job. everyone would be stoked to have a summer vacation.

i don't see the problem here
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

shmenguin wrote:everyone complains about their job. everyone would be stoked to have a summer vacation.

i don't see the problem here
It's a nice day outside and I'm bitter.
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Post by Godric »

Sarcastic wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
You know what. I think I'm going start putting random things in their cart from now on.
don't do that, becase then the cashier has to put that **** away
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I hate when gamemakers put impossible tasks that take hours to complete that make absolutely no sense in a game.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I have a few teachers in my family. I know there are some very stressful times, and they do more work than people give them credit for. But sometimes it just seems like they complain about those stresses more and act like it's the end of the world when summer is over.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Lol...all people complain the same amount. NAN complains about his coworker chewing his gum, shad complains about everything..etc. I know atleast one teacher who complains all the time and a couple that i've never heard complain...complaining has nothing to do with the teacher profession.